Just spent three nights at this hotel on business, very nice and friendly greeting on arrival. Hotel lovely and clean, room very nice. Everything was going just fine until I went to enjoy a meal in the restaurant with two of my colleagues. Ordered blade of beef, meal brought to me in about 20 minutes, but oh dear, what a disappointment (my colleague who has had a lot of butchery experience) described my beef 'as a piece of scrag end' very small portion with three very large veins of Nasty thick grizzly fat running through it, also very over done. Sent this back for a replacement and the chef instructed the waitress to inform me ' that if I eat beef I should expect to have fat' as the customer I found this very offensive, fat I don't mind but not when it is three quarters of a meal costing £20. Replacement also had one wide line of this awful grizzly fat running through it, couldn't be bothered to send it back, as by now my colleagues had finished their meal.
Real shame, because had it not been for this would have had a delightful stay, but will certainly give this hotel a miss in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Alexandra House is a modern contemporary hotel, boasting 152 en-suite bedrooms and banqueting, wedding and meeting space for up to 250 people across 22 bespoke spaces, ideally located just 5 minutes from junction 15, M4 motorway. For business guests we are perfectly situated in Wroughton, overlooking Swindon within easy reach (5 mins. drive) to Nationwide - Pipers Way head office, Windmill Hill and Blagrove business parks, home to companies such as Openwork, RWE, BP Castrol, Nokia Siemens, MAN truck and Catalent. Set in 20 acres of landscaped grounds within the beautiful Cotswold countryside, this Wiltshire hotel is a fantastic choice for the discerning leisure visitor, close to an array of world-class locations including Avebury & Stonehenge World Heritage Site, Longleat Safari Park, the Roman Spa city of Bath, Lacock village, home to Lacock Abbey where Harry Potter was filmed, McArthur Glen outlet shopping village and the start of the ‘Ridgeway’, an ancient Iron-Age track, which is possibly the oldest road in Europe. Stone Age man once walked along its route - not only long before the likes of Stonehenge came into being, but even before Britain was an island! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Expedia, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Hotels.com, LateRooms, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Alexandra House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alexandra House Hotel Swindon
- Alexandra Hotel Wroughton
- Alexandra House Wroughton, Wiltshire