My husband and I wanted a weekend break away. We stayed at a hotel near to Alexandra House on the Friday night but it was fully booked on The Saturday so we ended up here. When we first arrived it was eerily quiet. The receptionist was very friendly on check in. The hotel is very modern and ideally suited to business travellers. Fortunately a larger private party booked in later, which gave the hotel a bit of atmosphere! The room like the rest of the hotel was very modern and clean. Due to the location of the hotel (No pubs or restaurants within walking distance) we decided to eat in the restaurant. This turned out to be a wise choice as the food was delicious and the service friendly without being intrusive. The atmosphere again was lacking. we ate at 7:45pm and at one point we were the only diners in this large restaurant. The hotel is set in it's own grounds, near to a large private housing estate. It's a very quiet location. We used the hotel pool and whirl pool, which were both very good. Children can use the pool but times are restricted. Personally I feel this hotel is more suited to couples or single travellers, rather than families. Overall a pleasant stay. Good food and great service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Alexandra House is a modern contemporary hotel, boasting 152 en-suite bedrooms and banqueting, wedding and meeting space for up to 250 people across 22 bespoke spaces, ideally located just 5 minutes from junction 15, M4 motorway. For business guests we are perfectly situated in Wroughton, overlooking Swindon within easy reach (5 mins. drive) to Nationwide - Pipers Way head office, Windmill Hill and Blagrove business parks, home to companies such as Openwork, RWE, BP Castrol, Nokia Siemens, MAN truck and Catalent. Set in 20 acres of landscaped grounds within the beautiful Cotswold countryside, this Wiltshire hotel is a fantastic choice for the discerning leisure visitor, close to an array of world-class locations including Avebury & Stonehenge World Heritage Site, Longleat Safari Park, the Roman Spa city of Bath, Lacock village, home to Lacock Abbey where Harry Potter was filmed, McArthur Glen outlet shopping village and the start of the ‘Ridgeway’, an ancient Iron-Age track, which is possibly the oldest road in Europe. Stone Age man once walked along its route - not only long before the likes of Stonehenge came into being, but even before Britain was an island! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Ebookers, Expedia and HRS so you can book your Alexandra House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alexandra House Hotel Swindon
- Alexandra Hotel Wroughton
- Alexandra House Wroughton, Wiltshire