“Peace!”
Review of Sunset Ashram, Goa

Sunset Ashram, Goa
Ranked #5 of 40 Restaurants in Pernem
Good for: View, Romantic
Description: Sunset Ashram is a sprawling 32,000 Sq Ft Beach club located at the pristine Ashwem Beach of North Goa. Featuring a sun deck, swimming pool, beach side dining area, wood fired pizzas, performance stage, exclusive cabanas, multiple bars and live grills - The Club is an excellent place to spend your sunset. The club transforms during events with high energy performances, groovy underground music and vibrant lighting.
Mumbai
“Peace!”
Reviewed 5 April 2014

If you are looking for peace and serenity, away from the usual commotion in Goa, Sunset Ashram is the place to be! I recently went there in March and it was the perfect place to be at. True to it's name, the best time of the day to go is during the sunset. Sunset Ashram is not your usual restaurant by the beach; it takes your experience to another level. With a swimming pool right in the middle and tents on the sides (which are beautifully lit once the sun goes down) and seating arrangements by the beach, you can totally lose yourself to the sounds of the sea. Their pizzas are a must eat along wit a dive in the pool!

• Visited March 2014
7 Thank Nishant U
ArmaanVananchal, Owner at Sunset Ashram, Goa, responded to this review, 22 October 2016
Thanks Nishant, we'll work towards becoming a 5 star rating from you!

Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Our best experience in Goa – Thumbs Up”
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Introduction: Visited on the 1st of February with a group of 50 friends for a birthday bash. The thing that sets this place apart from many other places in Goa is that this is more of a day lounge rather than the late night club. We reached there at about 2 PM in the afternoon still reeling under the effects of last nights party expecting a beach side shack and boy we were in for a big surprise. The moment we settled down our whole group started gulping down drinks and kept ordering food. After an hour long marathon of food people started to relax and enjoy the place. Some of us were lazing around in the cabanas, the others were in the pool, some dancing and a few taking massages down on the loungers. This went on till about 7 in the evening when they had to shut the place down due to a panchayat meeting close by. The place is still very new and hence is less crowded (an advantage for me) so get down there and enjoy its serenity before it gets thronged and loses its charm.

Décor: The first expression we had when we entered was “WOW”. This place is made on the concept of beach clubs around the world and it not disappoint in its décor. There is a big pool when you enter with the DJ console and the dance floor on one side and the VIP cabanas and the main deck on the other. The cabanas are white in colour and lend a very calming image to the place. There is a huge area in front of this deck with the main bar, tables, loungers that give you the feel of sitting on a beach. However if you want to you could walk down a few steps and be on the beach itself. The views from here especially at sunset are amazing. They could however improve the toilets and add a changing room-shower cubicle for the guests to use. Overall the place is new and trying hard to please and with just a few tweaks they could pull it off.

Ambience: The ambience is great, chilled out and can be what you want to be. There is electronic/house music playing but not too loud to drive you mad. If you move away from the dance deck and walk towards the sun loungers closer to the beach the music won’t bother you and you could have a nice quiet time to yourself. The décor being white give a very chic impression but I saw quite a few things like cushions and sofas that were already stained so I guess it’s going to take a lot of effort on the management’s part to keep the overall place clean and looking new.

Food: We were a large group who had pre-booked the whole VIP cabana section and also had a fixed menu specially created for us for the afternoon. I must say the food was really tasty with some very simple dishes tasting completely different. We had the butter garlic mushroom in vinaigrette which was heavenly. The other starter watermelon with feta was fresh and welcoming on a hot afternoon. Their specialty is the firewood pizzas and they were a treat. The pizzas were the by far the most ordered dish of the day. Didn’t try their desserts but they do have a coconut water and gola station which were good. We were impressed by the food quality and taste and left stuffed with no complaints from such a large group with different needs.

Service: This is one area that Sunset nailed and has me committed to the place. The staff there couldn’t have done enough to make sure we had a pleasurable day. Nothing was too big a request for them to fulfill. The food and drinks ordered were quickly served. Now that I think back I don’t think I ever waited more than 5 minutes for a drink and 10 minutes for my food to arrive and that is something. They were very helpful with the recommendations. One thing that stood out to me was they were everywhere but in no way did it feel intrusive. Another thing noteworthy was they stood by inconspicuously and the moment you would look up for assistance one of them would be there to help. This shows that the staff has been really well trained and is eager to help you. I was going to give this place 4 stars but it’s the service that got them the fifth. I hope you guys don’t lower your service standards as it is very rare to find such service anywhere.

Pricing: No idea!!! But by the look of the place and all I assume it will be well above the mean Goan prices.

Overall: I will be back the next time I am in Goa and if you are looking for a place to relax in the day do not miss it.

• Visited February 2014
3 Thank rishi_savani
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Ripp Off !!!”
Reviewed 28 January 2014

My responsibility towards people who make travel arrangements depending on reviews .... was there for the 'Electric Pool Party' on the 24th Jan 14, saw the online brochure on Wats Up Goa website, wasn't any different from any other beach side restaurants in North Goa in tearm of set up and location, what was different was their exorbitant rates. A rum n coke put be back 800 bucks !!! Thats what we pay at Aurus, and to add to that the party got canned at 8 because there were not enough people - obviously. Its high time ppl at Sunset Ashram realized they are in Goa and not Ibiza.

• Visited January 2014
3 Thank ShabbirChangi
SunsetAshram, Manager at Sunset Ashram, Goa, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Hello, thanks for your feedback.
Would like to clarify that the event you have mentioned began in the afternoon as it was a pool party. The event was a day event and was scheduled to end early.

Thank you.
“Quintessentially Goa!”
Reviewed 17 January 2014 via mobile

Soo growing up in Bombay I've been going to Goa almost every year and over the years my tastes have really changed, matured, if you will. Been through all the goa phases, naive family beach resort phase, baga stretch phase, curlies/Shiva phase, sunburn/edm phase. Basically I've savored everything Goa has to offer and I think I've just found my favorite place yet :D

In my most recent trip I luckily stumbled upon a little piece of heaven called Sunset Ashram.
Seeking abode from the masses who seemed to have lay siege on my regular favorite spots I went north and chanced upon this glorious place which manages to really capture the essence of Goa. An idyllic, chilled out beach side cafe which transforms itself into a high energy nightclub.

Its really got everything you'll need, great food, great drinks, fellow discerning revelers, a pool, some crazy chill beats and insane lights a bit later on, all in a truly picturesque goan setting by the beach.
Post sunset this place really undergoes a transformation almost in sync with you as the drinks start kicking in.

All in all this place is what Goa is all about. Its an absolute must visit and really does deserve more attention but then again part of its charm is in its undiscovered brilliance!!

3 Thank bharatmehta26
Goa
“Best place for party”
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Hi
I had been to sunset ashram for the new years. the place was rockin... with full on tech music. Nice ambiance and tasty snacks.
Overall best place for party

• Visited January 2014