“Comfort food in Melaque”

Pata's Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #13 of 32 Restaurants in Melaque
Cuisines: International
Reviewed 17 January 2013

Although my husband and I like to eat regional food when we travel, we were craving some good old fashioned comfort food and were beyond pleased with two amazing evenings at the very charming Pata's. Mexican born Norma has the magic touch with crispy chicken wings and American style burgers! And I must add the very best French fries cooked to light crispy perfection.
Our experience was so much fun and delicious we returned for a second evening. Advised that Norma's chile verde sauce was amazing we ordered her burrito. WOW! Rich and so deeply flavored and unlike anything we have had anywhere. We will make it a point to return when we visit next January! Thank you Norma and Deb for creating such a warm and cozy place.

Reviewed 17 January 2013

If you happen to come to Melaque, make sure you go to Patas restaurant. The food is by far the best that Melaque has to offer. Small little bar that makes the best drinks around town. I have tried everything on the menu and don't have any complaints. Can't say what I like the best because I love it all. The owners are superb as are the staff. Make sure you stop in but be prepared to wait as there is usually a line waiting to get in to eat and have a drink. Its worth the wait.

Reviewed 17 January 2013

I love this place. The menu has something for everyone; the food is consistently good; the drinks are generous; and the beer icey cold. I enjoyed sitting at the outdoor table, under the umbrella, listening to the surf and watching children play in the plaza. Deb and Norma are gracious hosts and when things quieten down, will sit with you and chat, if invited. Don't miss this when you are in Melaque.

Reviewed 17 January 2013

not sure where "not overly thrilled" actually ate. The burrito is not served with rice and the drinks are reasonable and tasty, especially the Margaritas. The owners are super friendly to everyone. Patas is a gem. Try them, you will like them.

Reviewed 15 January 2013

I have no idea what restaurant "Not overly thrilled" ate at but it wasn't Pata's! I think they have some of the best food and drinks(especially the margaritas)in town. I have had their burrito(with Norma's amazing homemade green chili sauce)at least half a dozen times and there has NEVER been rice in it. In fact, I think I have eaten just about everything on their menu and not only has it all been wonderful but I don't remember rice being a part of any of the dishes I have had.

So, if you want a genuine bit of local flavor with a great view, excellent food and two of the sweetest people I have ever met, don't pass up Pata's!!