“Best Arrachera Beef”

Ranked #1 of 15 Restaurants in Mismaloya
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 17 January 2014

We arrived in PV last Saturday escaping the deep chill of Canada at this time of the year! My wife and I have been returning to PV for over 20 years because we just love the people and the climate.
Restaurants come and go so it's very comforting to see small well operated family restaurant succeed year after year even in these difficult financial times. After dumping our luggage at the Mismaloya condos, we headed directly to El Jacalito to see if all was well in Mismaloya.....and it was!!!
El Jacalito is located south of PV in Mismaloya just over the bridge on the right past the Barcelo Hotel. The food is always excellent and served hot by the pleasant staff. Tomas Jr., his padre Tomas Sr.,, the "leaner" Genaro and the rest of the family who are always ready to welcome you. The prices range from about $100-$135. pesos for a complete meal and the portions are generous. Everything from shrimp, fish, lobster, chicken etc and several house special preparations. They serve lunch and dinner each day and are closed on Sundays.
I would highly recommend that anyone who wants to have a great meal at a local rustic establishment with mexican ambiance, hop a bus or take a cab from downtown and try this place out. They even have a juke box with Mexican or jazz music to complete the atmosphere. Still the Best Arrachera Beef I have ever had in PV!!

PS:The vegetables are always cooked to perfection and never overdone!!!

3  Thank YAKDEPV

Reviewed 8 January 2014

Average at best......sorry to burst any bodies bubble....had what was supposed to be the best the bacon wrapped cheese stuffed shrimp....they were alright but I am sorry I just can't recommend this at all. 15 excellent and 4 very good reviews....I just don't see that at all and the margarita (mango) was not very good at all....I will not be returning...and if you expect dessert forget it...there is none...or they just didn't offer any. Meal came with rice and some nice el dente vegetables...but in all honesty pass it by. I have been to the top two and they blow this one of the map, no comparison at all. Juan & Only goooo there instead there you won't be disappointed !!!

1  Thank up4it52
Reviewed 27 December 2013

The reviews I read were outstanding. Although I agree that the food was delicious and I had no complaints or issues, we didn't leave raving but just content. I could eat here again without regrets but I would probably go to Juan and Only instead.

1  Thank michaelmaxp
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Anybody visiting in the Puerto Vallarta area, treat yourself to an excellent meal and the best
margaritas you have ever had. It is a small menu, but the food is absolutely wonderful. It is located
on highway 200, south of P.V. about 8 miles and just south of the Barcelo Hotel about 100 feet.
My wife and I can not wait to walk down the hill from the condo and visit Thomas and his staff and
experience another mouth watering meal. My favorite is the mango coconut shrimp. My wife's, all
lobster!! It is a favorite place for many of locals, so get there early in the evening. Enjoy!!

2  Thank ronald t
Reviewed 10 December 2013

My Husband and I go to PVR for the month of November every year. We were told about this restaurant by the lady at the desk at the beginning of the road into the Barcello at Mismaloya.....We go there each year and tell everyone we see about it. Our favoriate is their special dish with the shrimp,cheese, and bacon. We love to go here, and we go up by public bus and just get off at the stop by the Barcello and walk over the bridge. This year we were served again by Genaro...it is a wonderful place, and you can count on delicious fresh food.....

1  Thank DuaneDonovan