Causeway Bay Hotel Sparwood
US$170
Orbitz.com
Red Tree Lodge(Fernie)(Great Value!)
US$84
Snow Valley Motel(Fernie)(Great Value!)
US$71
Powder Mountain Lodge(Fernie)(Great Value!)
US$74
Park Place Lodge(Fernie)(Great Value!)
US$137
Hotels.com
US$67
Super 8 Fernie(Fernie)(Great Value!)
US$112
Fernie Stanford Waterslide Resort(Fernie)(Great Value!)
US$118
US$114
Paddock Inn(Coleman)(Great Value!)
US$85
US$82
TripAdvisor
All reviewscauseway baynon smoking roomclean hotelwould stay againrecommend this hotelbeds were comfortableamenities
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Enjoyed the couple of nights I stayed at the Causeway Bay hotel. The staff was helpful (filled me in on the bears in the area) and were very accommodating. Enjoyed dinner in the restaurant, a varied menu and my choice was excellent.

The room was quiet, at the back of the hotel - I didn't notice any noise from the highway. Would stay again - even if there was more of a choice.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank cwill4573
Reviewed 11 August 2013

The hotel was clean, and all staff was friendly! Coming from out of town and never being in this area it was easy to find and in the perfect location for admenities! HOWEVER, I will NEVER eat in this establishments restaurant again! The food and portions are great... If you require no changes to your meal! My daughter ordered a burger and decided she wanted it plain, which was no issue. My husband however ordered an extra patty added to the burger whatever the cost.. Apparently the head chef says he makes the food the way he likes it and therefore he refuses to change it! He made his career in a business of hopsitality, no restaurant I have ever been to has ever refused to make an order to an individual's taste. The fast food place across the road does?! Sheer laziness or ignorance?! I couldn't believe it. I over heard another lady trying to change her order and heard the chef in the back being absolutely rude about it and in shorter terms implied she can eat it his way or leave! Never again! To bad because the hotel is great!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank 1,035,055
Reviewed 26 July 2013

We stopped here on our way to the U.S. It is dated and tired, but it was very clean.
I tried unsuccessfully to book on line, and when I mentioned it to the front desk, the on line price was cheaper, they honoured that price. I was quite surprised.
The room was large, yes the bed was a bit tired but not horrible.
The food in the restaurant was excellent. We had supper and breakfast there, wide variety of food, good sized portions of home cooking.
All staff is very friendly.
Yes you can stay in Fernie, and pay a lot more, but the Causeway is definitely a good place to stop if you're looking for excellent, friendly service in a clean hotel with great food.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 0utofoffice
Reviewed 16 March 2013

We were very surprised by the diverse menu at the hotel restaurant. In addition to a large selection of traditional dishes (omelettes, pancakes etc. for breakfast; burgers and pasta for lunch and dinner), the menu included unexpected items like smoothies and quinoa porridge, duck confit, veal, bouillabaisse, mandarin chicken and many others. All the dishes that we tried were well prepared and delicious, though servings are huge.

The hotel itself is about what you'd expect for an economy hotel in the coal belt. Staff are friendly.

Room Tip: Our rooms at the back of the hotel were quiet, despite the hotel being on close to the highway.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank bogndog
Reviewed 28 August 2012

Being that this was the only available hotel along our route (we didn't realise Fernie was so close), it was our only option.

The hotel is dated looking, both inside and out.
The room was sub-standard for the price we paid. The beds were not terribly comfy and the floor had many dark stains in the carpet. That being said, there was a small bar fridge and a coffee maker. The bathroom was tiny and I hope clean. There was a ring around the tub in the bath that I did not notice until my first child was done with a bath (I can honestly say he wasn't dirty enough to cause that, and a properly cleaned bath would not have a ring appear so quickly if my child was that dirty).

The restaurant was great though! We had breakfast there and the food was great, fresh and very filling. It was reasonably priced for a sit down place. The service was most excellent and we were treated very nicely.

On the whole, I would be very unlikely to stay there again (would rather stay in Fernie, 20 minutes away). I would however eat at that restaurant again next time I am passing through.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family