“Wonderful Bed and Breakfast”
Review of Hill View Farm

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bicester
Hill View Farm
Ranked #3 of 19 Bicester B&B and Inns
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Wonderful Bed and Breakfast”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

We are the four ladies mentioned by the previous review, having a weekend away to celebrate a 50th birthday. We are so sorry that we caused any problem for Gill who was the most wonderful hostess together with her daughter and husband. We were tucked up in bed by 12.15am after chatting in a downstairs room post an evening meal in Bicester and didn't meet for breakfast until 9am the next morning - hardly grounds for being "noisy" at anti social hours!
Hill View Farm was a real find - beautifully appointed with stunning views and a great location for visiting Bicester Village, Oxford and Woodstock. Gill's breakfasts are fabulous, varied and she went out of her way to cater for all tastes. All in all pretty faultless, great hosts and definitely not worthy of the negative comments made in the previous review. Would very definitely return.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 April 2014

This was an on the spur of the moment booking to cut my travelling to a planned company celebration party. I was greeted by Jill (the proprieter) with a warm welcome and shown to my room. Despite having the usual tea and coffee making facilities, Jill kindly offered to make me a cup of tea in her kitchen and arrived with the same and a lovely slice of home made cake. The room was beautiful. It was clean and fresh, with a luxury wet room and beautiful views of the countryside. I asked Jill about local taxi services, as I wanted to organise transport to my company party. She very kindly offered to take me to the venue, going out of her way to help. I was overwhelmed by her kindness. I arrived back to enjoy the tranquil setting and the high quality room. In the morning I joined the other guests for a full english breakfast. It was cooked to perfection. The house was beautiful and we were surrounded by Jill's daughter's incredible paintings. As an art lover, it was an absolute privelidge to see such beautiful work. I only live a forty five minute drive from this venue and had indulged myself, to allow me time to relax and enjoy myself (it had been a busy week!). I can honestly say that it was 'perfect' in every way. I would recommend Jill and her lovely home to anyone. I thank her for her time and hospitality which was worth every penny of the very reasonable rate she charges. Well done to her for creating such a beautiful and welcoming venue.....I loved every minute.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Dawne J
Newcastle United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 March 2014

We stayed at Hill View Farm recently when attending a wedding at The Tythe Barn. The location was ideal and Gill who runs it is lovely. Breakfast was decent and the room was nice and had everything we needed. The downfall was that we barely slept on either of the nights we were there. We found the bed and bedding to be very uncomftable and on top of that, the noise in the house travels a great deal. I can imagine it wouldn't usually be quite so noisy - we were staying alongside a group of ladies who clearly hadn't seen each other in a while so they were catching up lots, both late at night and early in the morning. If you are a sound sleeper then we would definitely recommend Hill View Farm - but for those of you who are light sleepers like ourselves, you might prefer to stay elsewhere.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lindsey M
farmonthehill, Owner at Hill View Farm, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Obviously the combination of your being exceptionally light sleepers and your stay coinciding with a group of ladies celebrating a 50th birthday was unfortunate. With regard the bed/bedding we have only ever had complimentary comments about this so I am surprised to read your comments but will look into it.
Perhaps if you come to stay in the area again you should try out shepherd's hut which will be in a field away from it all with only the sounds of wild life and nature!
France
Reviewed 15 January 2014

My wife and I stayed here Eugene visiting family in Bicester.. A little difficult finding it in the fog but well worth the trip. Lovely location, excellent room quality and a fantastic breakfast . Gill is lovely and very easy to talk to. We would definitely stay here again and recommend it to anyone visiting Bicester shopping outlet etc.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 9 December 2013

This is the our best stay in our entire 3 weeks honeymoon and it's a great pity we only stayed one night. My wife and I enjoyed the lovely breakfast and wonderful hospitality Gill offered. It was amazing how meticulous Gill is in ensuring you get the most comfortable stay in her place. The feeling was like visiting a close friend you haven't seen in a long while.

The photos taken by the 'management' are really what they looked. And we just checked, nothing really changed since the pictures were taken > 2 years ago!! (hence, we uploaded only exterior pics since the inside is the same! We stayed in the Blue room)

The place is so peaceful and we woke up to a wonderful sunrise shining right into our room. Breakfast was real yummy and you can tell it's prepared with care and quality (my wife wants me to emphasize this!!). After the breakfast (and likely cos we were the only visitors), Gill and Robert gave us a short tour of their working farm, explaining the ins-and-outs of a working farm and meeting the cattle!! I think the price is amazingly reasonable of such quality.

I would highly recommend this place to anyone who comes to Bicester (whether it's just for shopping like us). Certainly an unforgettable visit from city folks like us!!

Room Tip: Stay in the Blue Room (1 x double bed) for a beautiful sunrise shining into your bed. (set the alarm...