“Turkish Delight”

Description: Traditional Turkish & Mediterranean
Marlborough, United Kingdom
“Turkish Delight”
Reviewed 16 January 2014

We were looking for somewhere to eat in Bicester because it is exactly halfway between where my brother and I live. We found and chose the Denis and in no way did it disappoint: a friendly and charming welcome; excellent service, a very tasty 3-course turkish lunch, and all at a reasonable price. The courteous staff, general ambience and attention to detail made the annual get-together a very worthwhile occasion. We'll be back!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank michael T

• Turkish first
Bicester, United Kingdom
“Wedding Anniversary”
Reviewed 15 January 2014

I can not say more than .... absolutely brilliant.
Have visited around 6-8 times before, so we celebrated our wedding anniversary here.
We were not disappointed, despite the whole restaurant being full. The service, meal and whole evening was made special by the staff.

• Visited January 2014
Marlow, Bucks, UK
“Super restaurant”
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Great service, great fresh Turkish food. No pide, unfortunately! We went at lunchtime, but will definitely be having an evening meal there at some point.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank Andrew K
Gosport, United Kingdom
“2nd visit just as good”
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Having already had one good meal at Denis I wasn't disappointed when returning for a Christmas get-together with friends. I really can't say enough :- nice atmosphere, delicious food, good service and very helpful, courteous and friendly staff.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank YDS-Yvee
London, United Kingdom
“A complete Gem”
Reviewed 5 January 2014

As part of a short stay in Oxford myself and my girlfriend stumbled upon this absolute gem of a restaurant. When we arrived there were very few people in the restaurant apart from a big turkish family, however we were soon part of a very busy room, it seems we arrived just before the rush.

We both had the mixed grill which I would highly recommend to anyone, the meats were moist and packed with flavour. After we had desserts and being more of a savoury person I don't rate desserts much but I would have been a fool to miss out on the apple tart as it was divine.

Friendly sociable staff who are more than happy to help with whatever they can.

If you find yourself anywhere near this restaurant don't bother going anywhere else, it is a gem!

• Visited April 2013