“Stu King ”

Watts Lodge
Watts Lodge
Ranked #2 of 19 Bicester B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

Recently stayed here for an Army reunion and could not of chosen better! Very clean and tidy, good tea and coffee making facilities with a proper fridge and real milk!! Great hosts and a nice, much needed breakfast! Will be back again hopefully next year

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Stoops1966
There are newer reviews for Watts Lodge

Reviewed 7 January 2014

Watts Lodge is a very nice b&b
I have visited on quite a few occasions, as my husband works away and stays here Monday to Friday as he's working near Bicester.
The rooms are spotlessly clean, always fresh towels & bedding extra large bathroom, tea/coffee facilities with fresh milk in fridge.
My husband finds it a nice place to stay when he is working away from home.
And I find it a lovely place to stay while I'm there visiting my husband. Mrs Watts is very friendly & accommodating often stopping for a chat & letting me know of what's on offer in the local area. she always makes sure I have a lovely large room when I visit with a queen size bed, sofa, extra large bathroom, & the extra nice touch of adding wine glasses to our room, for us to enjoy a bottle of wine.
Looking forward to my next visit!

Mrs Doyle

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank Sophiedoyle
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Just stayed for one night, comfortable clean and tidy room situated on the top floor. Breakfast was cooked fresh in the morning and there was plenty of it ! Spot on location for Outlet Village (about 5 mins drive) and the town center was a very short walk with penty of pubs and restaurants to choose from. Very friendly family B & B made to feel welcome.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2013

My friend and I recently spent three nights here and were totally overawed by the comfortable and well appointed rooms in this B and B establishment in Bicester. The rooms were spotless and had many creature comforts such as tea and coffee making facilities and a fridge too.
There are seven rooms available here, one a triple and one downstairs room which is classed as an easy access room for wheelchair users/older guests. The rates are very competitive and include a full English breakfast cooked as you watch, by the man of the house.
There is a bus stop about 50 yards away which would take you to the town centre, not that we used it, but it is useful to know. Bus timetables plus other information leaflets, and restaurant/takeaway menus are available on a desk in the downstairs hallway. Watts Lodge is also only a couple of minutes walk from Bicester North station, but you cannot hear the trains at all.
All in all, we had a great weekend in this B and B, hosted by a really friendly family.
Many thanks and hopefully we will see you again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 September 2013

A gem of a find. We were visiting family but would be great to use as a base for touring Oxford/London. The rooms were spotless and comfortable. Enjoyed a good breakfast. Cooked to order & with great lively debate.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Pat B
Reviewed 2 July 2013

We visited this great B&B again for the F1 weekend with another couple and once again it was brilliant!
The rooms have been redecorated in a cheerful sunshine yellow, the place is spotlessly clean, comfortable and spacious. There is a brew kit, which in replenished every day and a fridge with a pint of fresh milk - I've stayed in lots of B&Bs and I've worked in a couple too and I've never had this provision. Breakfast is very good - bacon, eggs, tomatoes and a constant stream of hot buttered toast - lovely!
The Watts family are lovely, they really make our stays a pleasure, see you next year, thank-you!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Uxor
Reviewed 22 June 2013

Needed a place to stay in Bicester recently, and am very pleased that I called Watts Lodge up to see if they had any room.

The service was mostly friendly, although I did have a slightly confusing conversation with with the manageress when booking, where I struggled to explain that I wanted to arrive in the morning to drop a bag but didn't need to get into my room. When I turned up, I was again confused when the manager laughed off my apology about being there before the room was ready, and showed me straight into the room. I was thoroughly confused when about 30 minutes later the manageress appeared and told me I shouldn't be in the room! It didn't really bother me, and is part of the eccentricity of staying in English B&Bs.

My en-suite room was simply furnished but for the most part very clean and had everything I needed. There was a TV and coffee making facilities, and the shower was very good. The only blemish was a small pile of plaster-dust in the otherwise spotless bathroom, which looked like someone had been doing some DIY and not cleaned up after themselves. I initially put this down to me being let into the room early, but I was a little disappointed that it hadn't been cleared up by the time I returned in the evening.

Still, the room was good valule and the breakfast the next morning was fine, with an excellent selection of cereals. It was also very convenient for the Bocester North railway station (line from London Marylebone). I'd be happy to stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank archdeacon101
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bicester
Travelodge Bicester hotel
The King's Arms Hotel & Restaurant
Bignell Park Hotel
Bignell Park Hotel
#1 of 1 in Chesterton
Best Western The Jersey Arms Hotel
Best Western The Jersey Arms Hot...
#1 of 1 in Middleton Stoney
Holiday Inn Oxford
Holiday Inn Oxford
#12 of 44 in Oxford
The Manor
The Manor
#1 of 1 in Weston on the Green

Been to Watts Lodge? Share your experiences!