“Conference facilities”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Littlebury Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bicester
Littlebury Hotel
Ranked #6 of 19 Bicester B&B and Inns
Yateley, United Kingdom
“Conference facilities”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2013

Spent a day at a conference. Arrive at about 08.30 and was greeted by a nice chap behind reception. He settled me in the lounge with a coffee and his newspaper, which he requested I give back to him. The conference room was OK. However, nothing was provided - no conference folder, pens or water. They did provide pens eventually, but we had to collect them up at the end and give them back to reception! Lunch was three plates of sandwiches - dumped unceremoniously on the table. "Those are fish, those are meat and them is vegetarian" announced the woman. No garnish, not enough for 12 people and some went without. There was no-one on reception to complain to although there was a woman who seemed to be checking in a coach load of Latvians or something. If she worked for the hotel, she didn't acknowledge me and neither did the woman behind the bar who could see I was waiting to speak to someone. I gave up. The conference was good but I was completely unimpressed by the hotel. I couldn't possibly recommend it and based on my experience, I wouldn't book a room there either. They really didn't showcase their hotel to me.

Room Tip: Sorry I didn't stay overnight so couldn't recommend any rooms.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Cambridge
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

I paid £95 to stay at this hotel with my wife, yet was treated to a room that hasn't seen a penny spent on it since 1970 (with the exception of a new TV). The remainder of the hotel is equally dated and in major need of updating, even just a lick of paint.

I'm honestly staggered at the number of reviews describing this place as "quaint". That's just like an estate agent calling a house "cosy", when in reality it's just tiny. I felt moved to write a review because I get so frustrated by places that don't reinvest their profits in their business. Either shut the place down or modify.

The room seemed clean, but as the furnishings are 30+ years old they don't really "feel" clean. The beds have sheets, blankets and eiderdown, which just isn't hygienic (not washed after every stay I'm sure). The mattress was uncomfortable and we both woke with sore backs on the morning.

Breakfast was fine, but would have been better without yesterday's potatoes strangely included on the plate. They were chewy and disgusting.

Had this been a £50 room, I wouldn't be writing this review.

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank dmjones500

Travellers are raving about these Bicester hotels

Villanova Monteleone, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

Recently I had a very good experience with my stay at the charming Littebury hotel. Rooms furnished with quality and taste, very comefortable beds, beautiful carpets and all spotlessley clean. Food first class. Staff very professional and well informed about local area.
The quality in all areas is evident and a pleasure to experience.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank barbara i
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013

We have just returned from a 1 night stay at the lovely Littlebury Hotel. We booked as it was near a party we were attending. On arrival a young lady greeted us warmly and we found out she was part of the family who runs the establishment. The paperwork was very simple compared to the vast majority of hotels we've stayed at and didn't need chapter and verse just to book in!! She and her mum were so helpful organising a taxi to our party venue. Our room and bathroom were clean and it had a vast array of beautiful flowers outside the window. Yes, it was a bit dated but the shower was really powerful and certainly not the trickle you often find in a hotel. We came back late after the 'do' annd we had a key to get in. Unfortunately, there was no one available to get us a drink, however, on reflection it was probably a good thing, it was 2am!! Breakfast was really good, nothing was too much trouble, the breakfast was cooked to oder and was perfect. Checking out was easy and the gentleman in charge was very affable. We would definitely stay here again, it had a lovely feel to it.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank STEPHO37
Terrigal, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

We were struggling to get accommodation in the Bicester area. So it was a big surprise to find this little hotel had a vacancy for a double room
We enjoyed a nice bar meal for dinner, there were a lot of locals enjoying a beer at the bar.
Breakfast was adequate
Service was excellent, the owner introduced himself and asked if we were happy, and enjoying our dinner and breakfast.
The garden was lovely, and the colourful flower baskets at the front of the hotel were especially beautiful
Yes the rooms were old, but it was comfortable. Perhaps a bit expensive for what you got, but the ambience was great.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Malmo, Sweden
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2013

After reading the negative rewievs me and my wife was à bit nervous about our stay. But after four nights stay we will book this hotel on our next visit. Sure the hotel is old, but not run down. Staff is really friendly, a nice garden, breakfast Ok, Cask Ale in Bar. The hotel has atmosphere. Sure it is not soundprofed, the rooms could use some renovating, the Continental breakfast could be bigger, but for us as tourists, this is the real England.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Harald_Baerbel
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013 via mobile

From the outside this is a pretty hotel with a lovely large garden that is a sun trap, the staff were all lovely and the food was 1st class!

Unfortunately what let this down was the rooms and price. The rooms were very old and tired and you could hear ever single door slamming and person snoring the walls seem paper thin. With new Premier Inn opened just down the road - stay there but go to the Littlebury for dinner

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Gingerninj
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bicester
The King's Arms Hotel & Restaurant
#1 of 1 in Weston on the Green
No photo provided
Brava Tapas Bar and Rooms
#7 of 19 in Bicester

Been to Littlebury Hotel? Share your experiences!