“Handy overnight stop”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Bicester
Cockermouth, United Kingdom
“Handy overnight stop”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

We decided to stay in Bicester as we didn't fancy trying to take the car into Oxford. There is an excellent bus service from very near the hotel which got us into the centre of Oxford in about 40 minutes. The hotel reception staff were very helpful - even booking a table at a local restaurant for us. The room was fine - clean and quiet, but the bed had been mended, and every time my husband moved in the night, the bed squeaked, which kept waking me up. There was air conditioning in the room, but the window was sealed - I would have preferred real fresh air. We didn't have breakfast here, so can't comment on the food.

1 Thank pendenis

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Polish first
Tamworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 May 2014

excellent all round couldnt have been more helpful and rooms excellent , We only stayed one night but it was great. Food excellent especially breakfasts.Would definitely recommend to anyone to use for any reason.

1 Thank Pamcrane
St Austell, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Quiet, clean and bright rooms, reception staff first rate polite and very friendly, will be defiantly returning in the near future. Plus nice friendly pub nearby we didnt eat there so cant comment on the food. Very relaxing stay.

1 Thank chris b
Cornwall, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 May 2014

You know what to expect from the Premier Inns but are beholden to the service you receive at each one. Very poor check-in when we arrived we had pre-booked two rooms but the guy on reception said rather than do the self-service he would check us in as that would be quicker - it wasn't, it took ages, then tried to overcharge us as not the price I had pre-booked on, this caused him further complications. I note that others have also been overcharged on arrival so you need to check this. I'd handed him my booking confirmation which clearly showed the price to pay which he'd not checked and it was only amended when I pointed this out. Both rooms had double beds when one of the rooms was for our son and daughter, usually get two proper beds so had to go back to reception and get another room was told it would be two "beds" but it was a bed and a sofa made up as a bed - didn't go back a 3rd time as by now fed-up so made do. Rooms very clean.
Breakfast was fine - usual premier inn selection as much to eat as you want. Evening meal overcooked and dried up tasteless pasta, other meals were cold. Not enough staff in the restaurant they did their best but were run ragged. A few people had breakfast and didn't pay as no-one checked if they had paid or not whereas we had pre-booked when booking the room.
Location excellent for Bicester Village shopping outlet. Need to improve their standard as I have stayed in much better Premier Inns. Was nice and quiet at night. Wi-Fi £3 which they did give us free due to issues at booking in.

Room Tip: Check what you are being given ie beds/sofa beds etc
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank flexible
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Comfortable and clean hotel, very new at the time however.
Ideal location if you are heading for Bicester Outlet shopping.
Brewers Fare right next door, what can i say, food OK if you like microwave meals.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I went to visit a friend in Bicester, England last summer. Unfortunately, she acquired a cat a month before I visited, and I found out that my son was allergic to cats. He started getting allergic symptoms that evening, and I was terrified that he would end up in the hospital.

So we visited this inn the very next morning, but they did not have a room available for 6 days in a row. I was so worried, but they reassured me that they would call me on my cell throughout the day to let me know if it becomes available. Sure enough, two of the six days became available - miraculously - after a few hours!! I'm sure they pulled some strings to help me out. I was so relieved, I could have kissed the entire staff.

I just want to thank (albeit, almost a year later) the staff at Premier Inn for saving my son's health and ensuring our vacation was hassle-free!! It was a huge relief to hear my son breathing normally again the following night - so, yes, they definitely guaranteed a great night's sleep…for both me and my son. Thank you, Premier Inn Bicester!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank engally
Lancaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

Checked in to this new hotel late in the evening after a long 4 hour drive. Everything is new. Front desk agent was helpful as expected with staying at a Premier Inn. Was surprised that the room cost £7.00 more booking at the desk versus booking on line. We were too tired to quibble so booked with the agent. Stayed in room 21. At first the squeaky bed springs were not that annoying. But that was short lived as the slightest move in the bed caused the springs to squeak through out the entire night. Needless to say, my other half and I did not have the best sleep. Up early the next morning I waited in line (behind another unhappy guest who experienced the same as we did) to let the agent know about the bed. The Premier Inn guarantee was invoked and we received a refund for the night. Would really much rather have had a quiet bed & a good nights sleep. Hopefully this defect can be rectified.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Bicester Hotel, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion our hotel did not meet your expectations. We are however, pleased to learn that you were refunded in line with our Good Night Guarantee. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards. Thank you once again for your review.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bicester
Travelodge Bicester hotel
Travelodge Bicester Cherwell Valley M40
Holiday Inn Oxford
Holiday Inn Oxford
#12 of 44 in Oxford

Been to Premier Inn Bicester Hotel? Share your experiences!