“Great hotel!”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Bicester
Guildford
“Great hotel!”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Stayed here with work during August. Very clean and friendly hotel. I got asked to move room in my 2nd week here as someone had requested the room I was in apparently. It wasn't a problem for me but they still refunded my night - top class.

Only downside is that the wifi is dire. For three pounds a night, I was treated to an incredibly slow wifi connection, meaning that connecting to my work's VPN was impossible thus defeating any work done in the evening. Simple web pages would take a good 20 seconds to load. I know this isn't the staffs fault one bit - but if I am to pay for WiFi, I would expect it to be reasonably fast.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank jlreid92
Sarah P, General Manager at Premier Inn Bicester Hotel, responded to this review, 31 August 2014
Dear JLreid92. Thank you for your review and are glad you enjoyed your stay. We are pleased you found our rooms clean and staff friendly, this is very important to us. We are sorry that you had to move rooms during your stay and hope this didn't inconvenience you too much, very occasionally this situation does occur and we do try to make the move to another room as easy for the guests as possible with as little disruption. Also because of the disruption that it can cause we do offer the refund as a way of making your stay as comfortable as possible. We are aware of the wi fi issues and we try to resolve these as best we can with the provider when the problem occurs. We are very sorry when this happens as we know many of our guests are trying to work. We do hope you will stay with us again and look forward to welcoming you back.

Sarah Patterson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Polish first
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 August 2014

I've stayed at this PI twice now, it's a great base for Oxford, Blenheim and of course Bicester shopping village. If like me you're not a fan of PI breakfasts there are a few good paces to choose from in the shopping village. Excellent room as always, this PI is on a main road but wasn't too noisy. If I recall correctly this one actually has a lift too.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Jane B
Sarah P, General Manager at Premier Inn Bicester Hotel, responded to this review, 7 September 2014
Dear Jane B. Thank you for your review of Bicester. As you said we are in a great location for Blenheim Palace which is only a short distance away and lovely to visit, also as you said Bicester Village is only a 10 minute walk away and very well signposted. We do have a lift which makes easy access to our 2 floors. All our windows are tripled glazed so this does stop the noise from the main road excellently. We do hope you come back to Bicester agin soon.

Sarah Patterson.
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

10/10, couldn't fault this premier inn. Myself and my partner stayed for a wedding that was being held near by, and we had a lovely stay, even though it was right next to a road we didn't hear a thing, it's very presentable and the beds are very comfy! Nice deep baths with showers, all lovely and clean and not a thing out of place. Staff friendly, especially Amina who checked us in, couldn't do more for us. Very welcoming. Would definitely stay again without hesitation. Thank you for a great stay!

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Elle W
Dear Elle w. Thank you for your review of Bicester premier inn and I am very glad you had a lovely comfortable stay. Even though we are located next to a busy road all the windows are triple glazed and keep all of the noise out. Our beds are extremely comfortable and do give you a great nights sleep. Our reception and house keeping teams are friendly and helpful and I will pass on your comments to Amina. Thank you for this review and we look forward to welcoming you back to Bicester premier inn again soon

Sarah Patterson
Chepstow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

not the cheapest Premier Inn I have ever stayed in, but definitely one of the cleanest. Everything that you should expect from them, good sized rooms, immaculately clean, with good black out curtains too. Receptionist was a little scarce when trying to book out causing a little delay but everything else was great.

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank Mark B
Staffordshire
Reviewed 10 August 2014

good sized family room with double bed and 2 singles for the children . paid a great price £39 on a sunday night. room was very clean and comfortable, staff were friendly and location to Bicester village was great . would use again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank margie79_11
Driffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

I've now stayed here for the last three weeks with work, although it's on the outskirts of Bicester it's fairly pricey. But I find that Premier Inns are not the budget type hotel they used to be, admit they are a lot better than they used to be, but still not 4-5 star yet. This one is very new/modern, very friendly helpfulp staff, try get a room facing the car park as I found these slightly quieter than the rooms facing the main road.
The only thing I didn't like about this hotel is that you cannot open the windows at all, yes you have air con in the rooms, but on a fire escape aspect I don't know how they get away with not having fire exit windows. I personally unlike to open the window, maybe somebody could explain ?
Breakfast was good, but often had to wait to be seated as the staff cannot see the entrance very well apart from that all was good.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 August 2014

This was a very convenient and pleasant hotel to lay my head down. I was very exhausted of driving at the end of a long journey when I saw this hotel on the main rood. I bared my car and asked the reception for a vacancy, In 10 minutes I was in bed after a pleasant welcome by the staff.

Room Tip: Rooms at the top are Quieter