“Simply Excellent”
Review of Club Punta Fuego

Club Punta Fuego
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Stayed here for 3 days and 2 nights after purchasing a voucher from agoda..a tip though, rooms from the agoda website and that of agoda mobile sometimes are not in sync..we wanted a sea view room and it was not available at the website but was available at the mobile application..we made our purchase in the mobile app instead.

Arrived there at around 1 pm..check in was supposed to be at 2 pm but they let us have the room anyway. Upon arrival, you will be greeted with the sight of the double infinity pools and the majestic view of the South China sea. Ms. Villaviray from the reception area provided a briefing with everything we had to know about the resort including the facilities, activities, services, restaurants, pools and beaches were discussed. We greatly appreciated this since this was our first time at the resort.

We stayed at one of the seaview suites since I have read that this has the best view of both the south china sea and the double infinity pool. The room was very spacious and clean. Complimentary tea, coffee, fruit and 2 bottles of water was available and was replenished everyday except for the fruit. Aircon vent was dirty and dusty and the curtains on our room had stains on it. Flat screen tv with cable was available.

The bathroom was also spacious, the toilet had a bidet and complete toiletries and hair dryer was available. Hot water supply was not available on the second night though.

Bringing of food and drinks are not allowed but they don't check your bags anyway.

We had our meals at San Diego restaurant which was quite expensive. Must try is their Chili Prawns. They don't have buffet meals on weekdays, on weekends only..breakfast buffet is also not available if the number of guests are below 12. We had plated breakfast (which you get to choose from the menu) on our first morning there, but on our last day, the number of guests were larger than the day before so we had buffet for breakfast which mostly consisted of Filipino foods..

The resort consists of 2 infinity pools in the main club but the beach there is closed off and is not fit for swimming. Another infinity pool is in the lower beach which is more kid friendly and the beach there is more fit for swimming and other beach activities. We tried snorkeling but unfortunately we saw more trash than fishes in the water. The upper beach is easily accessible just by climbing up the steps in front of the reception area of the lower beach. The infinity pool there however was dirty and nobody seems to be swimming there anymore anyway. Shuttle service is available whenever you want to go back and forth from the main club to the upper or lower beach.

There was an ongoing construction on the left side of the double infinity pool to expand the San Diego restaurant so the atmosphere in the main club and the by the infinity pools weren't relaxing at all since a lot of drilling and hammering could be heard all the way from the construction site.

We booked on a weekday so there weren't a lot of people in the resort. Sort of gives you a feeling that you have the whole place to yourself.

After check out, you have the option to visit Terrazas de Punta Fuego and use their amenities for free.

All in all we still loved our stay here and would definitely go back someday.

Room Tip: Seaview rooms are the best!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AngeltheExplorer
There are newer reviews for Club Punta Fuego

Reviewed 24 October 2013

Club Punta Fuego is indeed a "Point of Fire" -- I had a blast during our stay over the weekend. It is a beautiful secluded place, away from the city. Very well-maintained casitas, and we were lucky to be given a casita overlooking the beach. The room is spacious with 2 big beds and a really nice bathroom as spacious as well, overlooking a small garden.

I really love the infinity pool, so relaxing and the view fantastic. Guests are well pampered, we have to ride a cart to go to anywhere in the place.

Food is very good too, altho not a wide selection of food to choose from, but over all it is still good.

Will definitely return, hopefully for a longer time.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Cool amenities. A very huge resort! Guests are well pampered.
You need to ride a cart to go to their beach.
Foods are not allowed but will not inspect your bag anyway. ;) Menu has a not-so-wide selection of foods..ranging fm php600-1000 per dish.
Be sure to visit Terrazas de Punta Fuego too (15 minutes drive away from CPF).. You will never regret going in here. It has nicer pool and beach. Pay php50 for towel rental.
Will definitely return here, maybe for a longer time, hopefully for free again! <3

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 October 2013

The overall place of Club Punta Fuego is really beautiful,, it is secluded and well maintained. we stayed at casita, which has a view overlooking the beach.. the room has 2 big beds..and the bathroom is spacious as well... We definitely love their infinity pool, its not crowded when we got there, thus as if the place is just for us! the beach is not white and powdery soft as boracay, but still its perfectly beautiful, the breakfast they serve has a lot of assortments..and i love their pastries! one thing thatyou have to consider, if you wake up on the middle of the night and you crave for food,room service is not available.. so try to sneak in some chips..haha! i can highly recommend this place it is a great get away for family and couples. Will definitely comeback to this lovely place.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank bella15L
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Club Punta Fuego is in a great location with a fantastic infinity pool about 3 hours from Manila. I booked a row cottage with sea view and it was fantastic. The cottage had a small balcony and great view into the ocean. The room was a very good size as was the bathroom which opens up into a small garden area to let in fresh air. The air conditioner worked well and the staff were quite friendly, BUT the reason why I rated this resort as terrible is explained below.

In regards to activities there is not much to do there, although they do claim to have a golf course and dive center they are both not great. The dive center is very limited in its operation and did not feel customer focused. I did 3 dives while I was staying there, and had what could have been a very very serious incident on the first dive. On the first dive which was very simple and basic I was following the Dive Master around some coral (closely monitoring my air level throughout the dive) when I signaled to him I had 50 bar of air left (well into my reserve air allowance). He acknowledged and swam off, then after swimming a bit more I indicated to him I had 30 bar left he acknowledged and gave me a signal that I interpreted as he was going to buddy breathe with me, then turned and swam off again. I followed him briefly before my tank started to "hard breath" and I grabbed his fin, made eye contact and gave him very clearly the out of air signal. Rather than giving me his spare regulator he just starred at me and did nothing. At that stage I aborted the dive and did an EMERGENCY SWIMMING ASCENT to the surface from a depth of 12m (logged on my dive computer). I have a rescue divers certificate and did the ascent breathing the remaining vapor in the tank until it was empty at around 3m below the surface then I expelled air to the top to avoid a lung over expansion injury. If a lesser trained diver was put into this situation it could have been fatal. I trusted the Dive Master with my safe and I found myself in a bad situation, which was a great lesson for me. In hind sight I should have aborted the dive myself when my air got to 50 bar rather than trusting the dive master. I did two more dives because I wanted to dive and was on a diving holiday (I went to Subic Bay after the stay at Punta Fuego to do a wreck course), but I knew the Dive Master by that stage and was more prudent. This is the most dangerous experience I have ever had since I started diving in 1985. This experience really drove home to me how a very simple, basic recreational dive has the potential to go very very wrong with the potential to end with a decompression illness, or fatality situation.

In regards to the golf course it should be noted that it does'nt have a driving / practice range and the fairways are very narrow and unforgiving if you hook or cut a ball you will loose it. The course is ok for intermediate or experienced golfers, but a beginner will struggle. I was going to teach my friend how to play, but the course did'nt provide for anyway to show a beginner some basics.

In addition to the above the breakfast buffet was really bad. Most of the hot dishes were only just warm, and the toaster does not work even on high heat. I put a piece of bread through the toaster 7 times and it still did not go brown. I gave up on the toaster exhausted.

Room Tip: I had Room 4C and you can get good wifi internet. I believe other rooms struggle with wifi even thou...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank marjsyd
Raffy B, Manager at Club Punta Fuego, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Mabuhay from Club Punta Fuego, Inc!

We would like to thank you for taking the time to inform us of your experience during your recent visit with us.

We appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention therefore giving us the opportunity to improve. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience this have caused you. Rest assured that we will do something with our Thalassa Water Sports Concessionaire - Dive Master and will be reviewed and evaluated.

Sir/Madam, we hope this experience will not deter you from patronizing us again and that you will give us the opportunity of welcoming you back at Club Punta Fuego, Inc.

For further information and assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.

Sincerely yours,

The Management

Reviewed 8 October 2013 via mobile

I am a big fan of Punta Fuego, I think it is one of the best 'get-aways' from Manila for a de-stressing few days. This time we took the new road down the west coast out of Manila on the Cavitex and passed Kawit. There is a new link road through the hills, with a tunnel on the last stretch. You can now avoid the traffic going to Tagatay.

However, take note, the new road needs some work on the slopes, we saw evidence of several landslides. I would not drive that route in heavy rain yet!!

Back to Punta Fuego, the views are great, Terraces is maybe my favourite beach hangout anywhere and the overall resort is very relaxing.

Improvement areas:
Breakfast buffet, it is not exciting, and there are very few options for international guests. Adding a better choice at breakfast would be much appreciated. On Sunday they make more of an effort, but everyday would be nice!

Please stock up on the wine list, many options were not available or white wine not chilled. I took my own bottle and was charged PHP500 corkage, which I think is too high.

But the staff are friendly and efficient, views are stunning, beaches and pools great.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Steve W
Reviewed 20 August 2013 via mobile

We stayed in this place last July and we were so amazed in this hidden gem. A day out from the city crowd. If you want a piece and quiet getaway this is definitely the place.. Rooms are good, pillows was comfy. The beach my not have the white look but it is fine, clean waters, pool was manificent the staff was accomodating. A perfect stay to relax..

• Stayed: July 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nasugbu
Chateau Royale Hotel Resort and Spa
Acuatico Beach Resort & Hotel
Club Balai Isabel
Club Balai Isabel
#1 of 2 in Talisay

Been to Club Punta Fuego? Share your experiences!