Chateau Royale Hotel Resort and Spa
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$180
US$166
US$40
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Coral Beach Club(Lian)(Great Value!)
US$77
US$63
Agoda.com
Stardust Beach Hotel(Lian)(Great Value!)
US$52
Orbitz.com
US$107
US$85
US$64
US$59
US$81
Abagatan Ti Manila(Alfonso)(Great Value!)
US$83
US$81
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
All reviewszip lineobstacle courseteam buildingindoor poolveranda restaurantcabin roomsgeneral managerchristmas seasonvast spaceremarkable placebody massageminimalist interiorcant complainroom telephonewave pool is greatmain buildingoutdoor activities
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Although it may not have the best service or facilities, this place is serene which makes it perfect for relaxation.

What I liked:
- not crowded
- friendly and helpful staff (my Mom lost her phone inside the resort and a bunch of them helped her find it)
- they have wifi
- big rooms
- accessible from Manila

Needs improvement:
- the doors and furniture in the cabin where we stayed were slightly broken. it didn't bother us that much but maybe they could have fixed it before allowing guests to stay there.
- there should have a telephone in the room to talk to front desk
- cabins are too far from the pool area
- food. it's pricey so it shouldn't be just so-so
Will I go back? Yes.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank mynameisnotizza
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I did not have much choice as I forgot to plan for a family vacation last Holy week. I was trying to book to another resort in Nasugbu, Batangas but since it was like less than a month I only got a confirmed overnight stay. As a result, we have a couple of days where I need to book the vacation and since Chateau Royale is only a half an hour drive I booked on their website online.

Since I'm travelling with my family with 3 kids and a yaya I booked our stay with a cabin rooms. The picture at their website is good but when we arrived at the place I must say the picture is quite deceiving. Cabin logs is a bit far from the reception and if you have many luggage you'll need to go back for a few trips to and fro the parking area. They have golf carts but since there are also other guests checking in at that time you'll have to wait for the cart to be available. The cabin room is big with one Queen size bed and two double bed cushion placed on the floor. I was looking for a room with Queen size bed and a double decked bed but it was not available. They also have a big bath room but it does not have a glass division for bath and water closet. You'll find it messy and wet especially when the kids use it.

The room has LCD TV with cable connection but I had to fix the connectors to make it work. The air condition was dripping the whole night and had to move the 2 beds so as not to get wet. Water pressure in the bathroom is very low and can't get the water go up to its shower head.

The following morning my wife complained about the room's state and had our room upgraded in the Skylight rooms. The room is good. It is well designed and has 1 queen size bed and a sofa bed in its sala. It also has a 50" LED TV and good cable connection. The bath room has good layout and divisions. But the bath sliding door lock is broken and I had to fix it. I was actually wondering maybe they should hire me as their handyman.

The resort has an outdoor and indoor swimming pools, there's another pool on the other side of the property which according to them can still be used but you have to cross on the bridge with a golf cart to the other side of the road. The website says it has fishing grounds and a zip line but it was unavailable and under construction. There's a jacuzzi but it needs to have at least 10 bookings before they'll operate it. They have a good rock climbing facility and with professional rock climber guiding anyone who wants to try it.

They don't have room service. They have restaurants in the clubhouse/reception area and in the floating restaurant. We travel to Tagaytay for our meals as there's nothing special in their menus and the food is not so good. Breakfast dishes I must say is terrible, there's nothing much and it's very limited as it is a managed buffet.

I find their staff friendly and helpful which is a plus factor why I'm rating this resort average. But this resort has a lot of potential if they are able to develop it with good outdoor activities and some entertainment at night. Furnish the cabin logs and improve golf cart traffic so as to avoid inconvenience with guests staying there especially when it is raining.

Room Tip: Take the skylight rooms. Cabin rooms are far from the clubhouse/reception and inconvenient especially when it is raining. In some cluster it's noisy as it is located close to the road.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank tomcat2512
Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

Me and my officemate friends joined our company's summer outing here last weekend.

Here are the things that I liked:

The place is nice, the property is very big. the ballroom is a good place for events such as debuts and weddings, there is an indoor and outdoor pool, rock climbing area, playground for the kids, floating restaurant, spa, hotel and lots and lots of cabin accommodations.

Here's what I didnt like:

The food is not that impressive. during our stay, we were served with a mediocre menu. the foods, juices and even the fruits tastes bland.
The cabins are way too far from the hotel lounge and parking area. there are caddies and jeepneys that are supposed to take guests to and from their rooms but they are nowhere to be found.
The tv is not working at all. we called on the front desk for assistance but nobody came. the water is very limited. if you want to take a bath you have to be very patient. there are no water heater present in the rooms as well. there is no hope for you when you want to eat instant noodles or drink coffee in your rooms.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 April 2014

It was terrible staying. Service is nowhere to be found. Rooms are crampy. Air conditioning is terrible. Plus they couldn't respond to any complaints or questions. Oh and here's the clincher: we're supposed to avail of free massage but they couldn't service. And what do they offer in exchange: FREE BEER...FREE BEER?! Are you kidding me?! WOW!!!

I tell you'll regret it. Don't even consider your place of choice.

• Stayed: April 2014
4  Thank Arvin L
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Stayed for 3 days/2 nights with the whole family. Check-in took just a few mins but lo and behold! The master keys on our assigned rooms at the "Gulod" were missing & it took the staff some time to find it and award it to us. Room has black ants crawling on the wall near the balcony, there were no trash cans, flush of toilets are not working properly, hotel is not PWD friendly (no ramp or hand rails in toilets, even for use of senior citizens), bulb of lampshades are busted and were not replaced, no phone or intercom in the room, cable tv is useless (cable tv signal was very bad, the limited channels have only static views), broken tiles on the Gulod pool, useless golf carts (we were told its only for the staff and sales agents).

• Stayed: April 2014