This is a perfect place for pampering and relaxation in a beautiful part of the world.
The facilities are excellent and the rooms of a very high standard, especially the bathrooms which are great. They are spotlessly clean and the fittings of a high standard.
The location is very convenient being easily found on the main road to/from Sienna. This does naturally have a downside in the form of road noise in some rooms. Sadly our room had no balcony and we gave up the offer of an upgrade to such a room as this over looked the car park which was too close to the road for us. That said the views to the rear over Tuscan countryside are great and you soon forget the road.
The food was of a good standard with much choice being provided by the three different restaurants - one local cuisine, one healthy menu and one of fine standard. The views from the latter two are superb. Breakfast very good indeed with very helpful staff and eggs cooked upon request in addition to the standard scrambled eggs on offer at the buffet.
That being said the main event is the spa facilities themselves, which are excellent. Whilst I can understand some reviewers comments regarding these being a little "tired" in places, the variety and unique nature of the waters makes this an absolutely first class experience
Local restaurants in nearby villages provide great variety. The best we found was Locanda nel Cassero in Civitella Marittima - excellent!
Service in the restaurants and spa very good, at the reception desk only so so
For the quality provided the Secret Escapes deal we enjoyed was very good and we would certainly return
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Petriolo is located in the heart of Tuscany, surrounded by fascinating wild scenery as well as artistic and cultural itineraries of great interest. Immersed in the unspoiled beauty of the typical Mediterranean bush, the resort is only a twenty-minute drive from Siena, and 80 km from Florence, the capital of Tuscany. At Petriolo Spa Resort, well-being comes from nature itself, and predominantly from the hot sulfurous water which has been springing from the earth for thousands of years at 43° C, composed of elements capable of positively stimulating the entire organism. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Prestigia, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Expedia, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Petriolo Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Petriolo Hotel Civitella Paganico
- Petriolo Resort Civitella Paganico
- Petriolo Spa Resort Italy/Tuscany - Civitella Paganico