“Gone down....”

Tullio
Ranked #4 of 51 Restaurants in Capalbio
Price range: US$20 - US$25
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Business meetings, Romantic, Groups, View, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Rome, Italy
“Gone down....”
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Been here for years and always loved it but this time was highly disappointed. Vague service, food not at the usual level: cold cod bigné, bad wild boar sauce on the pasta and bad (tasteless) roast Porcini mushrooms (supposed to come from Puglia...). Cold steacks, etc. Excellent wine and ok deserts. Hope this because August is a touristy month....

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Romanbiker

Glasgow
“Lovely food and good service”
Reviewed 22 June 2013

My wife and I had a lovely evening meal here. The restaurant is located on the hill just before you turn up in to the old part of town. It has a nice view out from the hill town to the sea.
We started with a nice mixed Crostini which we shared. My wife then had veal, which she really loved. I had rabbit cooked in the Morell Tullio red wine which was also lovely. We also had patate fritte and mixed veg fried.
The cost of the meal, including water, a bottle of the wine for 10€ and 2 coffees was 72€. A little bit expensive for the area but enjoyable none the less. Probably our favourite meal in Capalbio and certainly my wife loved the veal.

• Visited June 2013
Piegaro, Italy
“Excellent food and location with terrace wonderful!”
Reviewed 27 July 2012

The service was top notch, and the terrace overlooking the main street into the medieval walls terrific to watch the evening passing parade. I had divine tortelli with ricotta and spinach with black truffle sauce while my husband had papperdalle with cinghale (wild boar) sauce. Just had a litre of the house red which was adequate, but could have gone for the wine list for better quality. All in all, the food was great and the price moderate.

Visited July 2012
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Deceitful host”
Reviewed 6 May 2012

You can serve good food, but if you're a deceitful host you've lost my respect.

We asked for a local anti-pasti and got a mix of three anti-pasti in small servings.
At the end of the evening the owner charged us three times the full price, 31 euro's for what I thought was a "misto" starter. I had a fuller misto anti-pasti at Re Sugo in Grosseto for 12 euro's, with more on the plate and better quality food. I couldn't stop staring at the bill.

One good thing I'll say: the pici ragu was delicious.

Also the desserts, which we ordered without seeing the menu, were the most expensive I've had so far in Italy. The cream caramel I had was supermarket crap.

I'm sad that I am reminded again never to order off menu in Italy.

• Visited May 2012
3 Thank spazmaster
“One of my favorite restaurants in all of Italy”
Reviewed 4 September 2011

My second visit here was even better than I remembered. Unlike Anthony Bordain I want to let everyone know how good this restaurant is, no restaurant X here. The owner helped us with the menu the house soup was a great starter and could not be more delicious! The Butera steak cooked rare on a sizzling platter rivals any steak house I can think of. Desert excellent service excellent! Just go.

• Visited September 2011