“my little bit of paradise”

Wickwoods Country Club, Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Albourne
Brighton, United Kingdom
“my little bit of paradise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

As a member of Wickwoods for over 25 years it's my pleasure to write a review. I feel extremely fortunate to spend several days a week enjoying my leisure time with so many friends. The facilities the club now has to offer are exceptional, a top spec gym, stunning spa, pool and the tennis courts are set in glorious gardens. This past weekend I stayed overnight in one of their beautiful rooms after attending the 'Faulty Towers Experience' dinner, we laughed all night long. The food was fantastic and as always, the staff couldn't do enough to make it a great evening. I had a lovely breakfast on the terrace with the sun streaming, I felt like I was on holiday. So back to the gym tomorrow then!! Evie Cullip

Room Tip: The rooms overlooking the gardens are my favourites
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank eviecullip
Wickwoods, Owner at Wickwoods Country Club, Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Evie thank you very much for having taken the time to write a review with regarding your experience of the club, your ongoing support is greatly appreciated by the entire team and hope we continue to meet with your expectations. If we ever happen to fall short please do let me know. Best Regards Lee

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Matlock, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

This was a rare find and a total treat - facilities and staff really friendly and empathetic to a solo traveller!
I paid the extra to use the spa and that was money well spent - great gym, lovely pool and really nice steam and sauna area.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 2! it was lovely!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Wickwoods, Owner at Wickwoods Country Club, Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Thank you so much for having taken the trouble to provide a review of your experience here at Wickwoods. The entire team are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us.

Room 2 happens to be our smallest room and as a thank you we would like to offer you a free upgrade to one of our luxury rooms during your next stay.

We hope to see you again soon.

Best regards Lee Goossens
Brighton, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

Myself and my wife joined this club 4 years ago to keep fit and healthy.

We loved the intimate and exclusive feel of the club and the service throughout the club is excellent.

Over the past 4 years the club has been transformed by Lee the owner and we now belong to a Country Club with real wow factor.

It really is, a very special club.
There is so much to do at Wickwoods as well.

Myself and Maria really enjoy the exercise classes and there is truly something for everyone here.

Maria enjoys Zumba, Yoga, Pilates and Circuits to name a few.

The spin classes are also a personal fave of mine and I attend 3 week. This really helps keep your aerobic fitness to a high level.

I also love the gym, which has had a complete refurbishment over the past 4 years and the equipment is top notch.

I'm now in great shape thanks to Wickwoods and I recommend Tom, one of the clubs personal trainers to step up your performance.

Tom is simply brilliant and really understands how go get the best out of his clients.
He has the ability to really drive and motivate you, to new personal gains.

Dining is excellent and the recent refurbishments in the restaurants and bar area, really do take this club to a premium level.

When we bring friends and family for dinner to Wickwoods they are always wowed by the club and the food is excellent.

Wickwoods has now become part of our lives and this is a very good thing.

We really enjoy our membership and all that it brings.

We are fitter, healthier and live happier lives as a result.

Thank you Wickwoods.

Mike & Maria

• Stayed April 2014
Wickwoods, Owner at Wickwoods Country Club, Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Thank you very much for providing a review, the entire team and Tom in particular is delighted your are enjoying the club, please do let us know if we ever fall short of your expectations.
Sussex,UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

Was lucky enough to eat in the Glass House restaurant a few weeks ago for the first time,shortly after it opened. We were very impressed, food was great, very high quality and service was perfect. Had a lovely set lunch menu with several choices on it. It's a beautiful setting and lovely building, very airy and light. We will be back :)

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank mabs
Wickwoods, Owner at Wickwoods Country Club, Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Thank you very much for having shared your views with regard to your experience in The Glass House, the entire team will be delighted that you found the experience enjoyable and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Brighton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

My family and I have just had the most
Amazing lunch and afternoon for mothers day
one cannot
Fault the food and it's presentation.really
5stars all round.you would find it hard to get a better meal anywhere.The new glasshouse restaurant is a wonderful new addition so light airy and spacious.
Well done to the management and lovely staff of this stunning country club.we could not have had a more memorable day and look forward to returning again soon.
Again soon.

Addition -so light airy and spacious.
I would highly reccomend this place to anyone it is in the
Most beautiful location and

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Wickwoods, Owner at Wickwoods Country Club, Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Thank you for having shared your review of your experience at Wickwoods on Mother’s Day the entire team are delighted that you enjoyed the day and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Please do ask for me when you next visit in order I can thank you in person.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

Not really anything we could fault about Wickwoods. We used the Hotel as a base for a party in a local town . We stayed for one night in March 2014. Set in beautiful countryside the Country Club looks like it has been recently decorated to a High Standard. Staff were very friendly and helpful, our room and bathroom were modern and tasteful.
Breakfast in the morning was very nice and speedily delivered. I would definitely visit again

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank stoneynas2
Wickwoods, Owner at Wickwoods Country Club, Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Thank you very much for having provide a review following your recent stay, the entire team will be delighted that you were impressed.

As a thank you for providing a review we would like to offer you a free upgrade during your next stay, please ask for me Lee Goossens or if I happen to not be available please ask the person taking your booking to refer to me for the upgrade.

If our service ever happens to fall short on expectation please do let me know in the mean time we will continue to work hard to maintain and further improve our service standards.
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

The Glass House is a delightful addition to Wickwoods' facilities. Bright, airy and comfortable. Extremely good service and delicious food. A most enjoyable experience and one we will be repeating. Highly recommended.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Wickwoods, Owner at Wickwoods Country Club, Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Thank you for being the first person to review The Glass House, Wickwoods new restaurant on Trip Advisor, the entire team are delighted you were impressed. We would like to offer you a complimentary bottle of wine as thank you when you next dine with us, please ask for myself Lee Goossens. If our standards are ever not quite as one would expect please do email me and let me know at lg@wickwoods.co.uk

The Glass House is open for lunch and dinner throughout the week other than Monday evenings. Alongside an A-la-carte menu a two course menu for £11:95 offered as well as club classics and lighter bites from our lounge menu.

Promotional opening for a limited period offer 3 courses for the price of 2.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Albourne
Ockenden Manor Hotel & Spa
Bailiffscourt Hotel
Bailiffscourt Hotel
#1 of 1 in Climping
Jurys Inn Brighton Waterfront

Been to Wickwoods Country Club, Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!