“Central and clean midrange hotel”
Review of Honey Pine Hotel

Honey Pine Hotel
Ranked #16 of 25 Kalaw B&B and Inns
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed one night at Honey Pine Hotel just before a 3 days trek from Kalaw to Inle. The hotel was clean, with rather spacious rooms and the girls at the reception were nice and helpful. But my room on the ground floor was dark, humid and carpeted (which I dislike). The included breakfast was rather poor. I was happy to check out and see the light again.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 1 June 2014

I only stayed for a day in Honey Pine and Kalaw but i was very pleased by the quality of this place.I had an excellent,homey,impeccably clean room with many comforts including a hair dryer(!)at the price of 20 us(including breakfast).Internet connection was very fast early in the morning but non existing later in the evening.Staff was very helpful,they provided me with a folding bed and two blankets to sleep in the reception when I arrived at three in the morning.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

The level of the hotel espicialy the "cleanes"is under the price they charge. The location is good but in any good there a catch..early in the morning the noice from the main street enter to the room The worst hotel we have been until now. We onley left one to be inYangon...

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Our travel agent (Santa Maria) booked us two nights here and I'm not sure why. The room is a throw back to 1970 which is OK but I think the other recent reviewers might be much younger than we are (we are 60) who might be impressed with the low price. When we looked into the bathroom the bath towels were blaring at me, "yes, we are threadbare and dingy but take a look at the shower curtain". The shower curtain was very disgusting. We had a corner room which I believe put our big wall on the north side, near the main road. I point this out because when the sun went down the room (February) was too cold to stand. Also, the main road becomes a major highway for trucks all during the night and we could hear them and the stray dogs they were honking at. The breakfast was the most minimal we were offered in years of traveling where breakfast was to be included. This hotel could easily improve by getting some new towels and replacing the shower curtain. Also, why do many of the hotels in Myanmar insist on offering guests the pleasures of wearing used flip flops in the room? That is such a cultural no no in America. I suggest they get the disposable slippers that the airlines offer. In hindsight I would rather have stayed in a nice land based hotel near Inle Lake and made day trips to the sights nearby

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

Phone: +95 81 50643
Cost: USD$35 twin room

We booked here over the phone at a slightly cheaper rate than agoda. We had an enjoyable stay, despite a couple of issues with our booking.

We arrived on the overnight bus from Yangon at around 4:30am. Honey Pine is about a minute walk from where it lets you off. Two staff were sleeping in the lobby and woke up to let us in. And, at that time in the morning, they were able to check us in to our room!

It was a twin room and we had booked a double. But after that bus ride, we couldn't have cared less.

The real issue came when we woke up. The receptionist informed us that despite our booking for two nights, they didn't have room for us on the 2nd night, and we would have to find alternative accommodation. I couldn't get much of an explanation beyond that.

Despite this, the rooms were quite nice, breakfast was decent enough, and the staff were generally quite helpful and friendly. We went to New Shine Inn across the road the next night, and for $5 less, the rooms were similar and the staff even more helpful. Still, in the Myanmar context, I couldn't bring myself to give this hotel an average.

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

For $15 I had a clean, private room / bathroom with tv & mini fridge, and somewhat functional wifi. I had food poisoning so the privacy was much appreciated. No aircon, though, but there was a comfortable breeze through the window and Kalaw is not too hot.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 10 August 2013

From outside honey pine doesn't look special. But inside its lovely! It remindet me a lot of swiss chalet style interior with its wooden rooms.
The room was really clean. The beds were comfortable and we always had hot water for a shower. Even the wifi was working more or less properly.
The breakfast was not my favorite one, but okay.
Honey pine helped us to find a really good trekkingguide to go to inle-lake. His name was Ko Kyaw, we can warmly recommend to go for a trekk with him!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends