“John & Chie's excellent 8 days at the Seint”
Review of Seint Hotel

Seint Hotel
Ranked #3 of 10 Speciality Lodging in Kalaw
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Clean, quiet, bright airy rooms, friendly staff and the beds are comfortable. Rooms have an en suite bathroom, fridge, TV and balcony. Good value for money. Next time we are in Kalaw we will definitely ask to stay there

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 12 February 2014

We changed from the Winner to the Seint hotel because the rooms were better and it is cheaper.From there on everything turned to gold. Perhaps it was just the fellow travelers or a mood thing but the beds are very comfy, the staff are just so uplifting happy little vegemites as we aussies call them. Nothing was too much trouble and plenty of them, all beautifully presented and faultlessly well mannered.Found the room key in my pocket at the station so I am hoping the bike rider returned it to reception.

Room Tip: If you are travelling alone this is a special. There is a beautiful single room at the bottom for $7...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 February 2014

I had a big room with a large double bed. It had a huge balcony, fridge and TV and free WiFi. The birthday d was comfortable and I got a good night's sleep. Staff charming. What more can you want? Located on the main street, so very near shops and bars.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Stayed there for two nights in December 2013. My room was very nice with a comfortable bed and had a balcony with a nice view of the town. It was the only time during my stay in Burma when I felt I got value for money - $25 was a pretty good deal I felt. The breakfast wasn't great, but it's only a small gripe.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 January 2014

This hotel should be listed as the hotel of the ultimate last resort, if there is a treee to sleep under choose the tree. There was no water, so never mind hot water. We asked for help from the staff and they could not deliver anything except lame excuses and we speak their language mind you.
It was an extremely damping experience on our vacation, we did not go back as originally planned.

Room Tip: Do not take Room number 101. No water and you can hear everyone talk, plus you can hear trucks goin...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank MoeLwin
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I arrived in Kalaw at 2am and the staff woke up when I came knocking. For $20 I got a clean room and shower, in line with the price. Breakfast is free and decent. I moved to a $10 guesthouse the next night and there was a noticeable downgrade in room quality. So you get what you pay for...

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 November 2013

We stayed there for only one night.
We were given a room on the ground flour facing the back of the hotel, wich faces the main road in town. So it was a terrible night with all that noise! Trucks come and go all nigth! Our sink had a leeking problem....

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple