Very large and grand hotel, most rooms (but not all) have unobstructed sea views and large balconies with chairs. Sadly one of our friends ended up with a room that had a view of a large rock - the staff did manage to move them to a better room the next night. Staff very friendly and accommodating. The breakfast was very plentiful and quite tasty. We ate outside every morning over looking the sea. The hotel has two pools; one fresh water and one salt water. The room itself was not especially large, and the bathroom was very clean but dated - the shower was simply a curtained off area of the bathroom with a drain and sloping floor. It worked well but water does splash a bit around the rest of the bathroom floor. The only real drawback to this hotel is that there is simply no way to reach any of the cities in the area - Taormina etc without using a car. The hotel has a small shuttle bus but you have to sign up in advance to guarantee a seat. A taxi to Taormina is 25 Euros - a party of four makes this not much more than using the shuttle which costs you 4 euros per person.
I think if you are there to visit Taormina and the smaller villages in the area you would do better to stay in Taormina so you could walk around this wonderful city without having to resort to a taxi or shuttle to get there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All rooms of Baia Taormina have a balcony or a terrace with superb views on the sea and overlooking the incomparable bay from Taormina to Giardini Naxos. Internet Wi-Fi connection is free of charge and guests can reach Taormina in 10 minutes with a private and free shuttle granted by the hotel. Two swimming pools are available for all guests and one of them is filled with natural sea water. The hotel has two restaurants with breathtaking views and offering either traditional Sicilian and international food. It is also possible to book beauty treatments or massages through the Exclusive Spa Centre of the hotel. Other amenities include a bar and pool bar, 24-hour Reception and one meeting room with audiovisual equipment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Baia Taormina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baia Taormina-Grand Palace Hotel And Spa
- Baia Taormina-Grand Palace Hotel Santa Teresa Di Riva
- Baia Taormina Sicily, Italy