The world is full of beautiful places .. But now and then we all enjoy a " little escapade " from our daily lives ! Living in Florence, I am not short on " beauty " but in a " hop - skip - jump " I was transported this week in less than 2 hours to the beautiful Tuscan town of Pietrasanta !
This little adventure was made all the more rewarding because of my wonderful stay at Albergo Pietrasanta. On arriving at this fabulously well placed hotel - 5 mins from the train station, I was given a warm and gracious welcome by the General Manager - Barbara .. who has to be said takes great pleasure in the excellent job she does, as do all the staff.
I was quickly escorted to a beautiful room, overlooking a luscious garden at the back. Being a great lover of marble bathrooms, and Michelangelo very much in mind, I was not disappointed by the spacious walk-in shower and surround in exquisite local marble .... complete with fluffy towels, robes etc.,
Breakfast was idyllic in a " verriere " style garden, complete with palm tress, where I enjoyed a delicious breakfast, served with grace and style.
Wandering the streets I took consolation in my "dining excesses" whilst viewing exquisite sculptures by Botero, not to mention endless galleries in which to spend a lazy afternoon !
Wonderful experience and certainly one to repeat .... thank you Albergo Pietrasanta.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Albergo Pietrasanta is located in a grand seventeenth century palazzo, formerly known as the Barsanti-Bonetti, in the historical center of the town, near the Cathedral and the medieval square. A lovely veranda, facing landscaped gardens with century-old palm trees, connects the main building to the adjacent converted stables and provides a peaceful setting to have a quiet conversation or read a book. An extraordinary collection of contemporary art works is on permanent display at the Albergo Pietrasanta. The collection gives an exhaustive overview of the development of Italian art from the middle of the twentieth century until today. Each of the 15 rooms and 5 suites has been designed individually: furniture and colors have been chosen according to the structure of the spaces. Contemporary art works are displayed in staircases, lounges, and conference rooms, creating a comfortable atmosphere reminiscent of a fine private home, but coupled with the service of a first class hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Agoda, Booking.com, Odigeo, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Albergo Pietrasanta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Albergo Pietrasanta Hotel Pietrasanta
- Albergo Pietrasanta Marina Di