Our family stayed in this hotel for one week at the end of the season (October 2013). We had a swim up room in 500 block. This hotel had everything we wished for. I wish we had stayed longer, we didn´t have time to use the spa services (all the treatments looked great!).
- All staff members were very helpful and friendly. We had a warm welcome and small tour around the hotel with information.
- Beach is lovely but area can be windy.
- Heated inside pool was nice during the evenings or windy days.
- Hotel is located on a countryside. Being in a middle of the island it had good connections around the island; we rented a car and drove around two days (Zia, Kos town, Therma, Paradise beach and Kefalos). There is also a local bus connection to Kos town.
- Hotel, rooms and the area/ garden was exceptionally well kept and clean. New pool towels were given when ever you wished for etc.
- Food was good and there was a lot to choose from. Even our picky 9-year old son found different things to eat.
- It would have been nice to have all inclusive option. We had a full board option. Half board and full board options were little confusing for quests and for staff. For example there were only certain drinks/ drink amounts included in full board: during dinner and lunch there were two classes of house wine/per quest or one small beer/ per quest or two classes of soft drink/juice/ per quest and half litre of water/ per quest and coffee or tea. Everything else paid extra.
Overall we can recommend this hotel and we would definitely stay here again with pleasure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Palazzo del Mare, a luxury five star adults only hotel with 175 guestrooms, was built in 2008/9 and extended in 2010. It is located near the village of Marmari, at the north-west coast of the island of Kos, only 50 m from the beach, 15 km from the airport and 17 km away from the centre of Kos island. The Hotel has a two-storey main building, one building with three floors, ten two-storey buildings and the area of the Presidential suite and the ten Executive suites, all with private pools. Each luxurious room and richly appointed suite features a bath or shower, bathrobes and slippers, hairdryer, coffee and tea facilities (replenished daily), direct dial telephone, internet access and in-room safe (both free of charge), individual air conditioning and a satellite TV. All ground floor rooms have direct access to the pool.Palazzo del Mare offers a variety of facilities like the Sogno main restaurant ( a buffet restaurant with terrace), the Pool Snack bar for lunch and the Culinarium a' la carte restaurant (dinner only). For refreshing drinks you will find the Sole Pool bar, Vento Lounge bar, Porto Beach bar and Parola Café offering crepes and ice cream.Our international guests can enjoy a 4500 m² swimming pool with Jacuzzi and water jets, an indoor heated pool (120 m²) with separate Jacuzzi, the fully equipped Onda Gym as well as the Armonia Spa (450 m²) with various treatment rooms, where our only goal is the inspiration and the "harmony" of your body and soul. In the hotel you can as well find a mini market, a boutique shop and an internet corner.Ideal for those, who wish to try something new and combine a relaxed holiday with high personal attention, that puts guest's comfort above all! From the moment you approach Palazzo del Mare, you know you are in for a quality experience.... ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Palazzo Del Mare Marmari
- Sensimar Palazzo Del Mare Kos/Marmari