“Perfect last minute getaway”
Review of Aslanis Village

Aslanis Village
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Marmari
“Perfect last minute getaway”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

We stayed at Aslanis Village Hotel from 3rd July for 7 nights and toughly enjoyed ourselves. We are two 20 year old females so the location and found that the location of the hotel would not suit people wanting to go to the night clubs regularly in Kardamina as it cost us 25 euros each way in a taxi! We were after a cheap last minute deal somewhere that had lots of activities and places to visit, which is exactly what we got. The bus stop that goes to the main towns including Kos, Marmari, Tigaki and also the supermarket which is the first stop in Tigaki, was a 5 minute walk from the hotel on one road. The bus costs 2 euros for one way anywhere, however there are no family or children tickets as its one price for all. The hotel itself was basic. The rooms were cleaned daily and the towels and bed sheets were replaced every day. There was a fridge in the room and the small stores nearby sell a variety of bottled drinks and food including fresh fruit. The bar at the hotel also sell water and snacks including ice-creams. When we arrived at the hotel it was midnight and the family welcomed us and made us feel comfortable. The hotels trip advisor rating is definitey due to their high levels of customer service. Ramona was more than happy to advise us on places to visit, giving us directions and the bus timetable. The hotel is said to be all inclusive but is actually all inclusive light. We found the buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner was filling enough that we didn’t need to snack between meals anyway, apart from the occasional ice-cream. For breakfast there was always cereal, Greek yogurt and a Greek version of an English breakfast. Some days there were even pancakes. For lunch there were pastas, pastries, meat, fish, bread, vegetables, salad and fruit including watermelon. For dinner there was a variety of meals throughout the days including meatballs, burgers, chips, fish, potatoes, chips, pastas, salads, vegetables and bread. For desert Mike the chef made delicious cakes and Greek pastries, but they disappear quickly! Beer is unlimited from the tap from lunch and dinner as is local red and white wine and water. Coke, Fanta and Sprite are available from the waitress. If you enjoy cocktails we’d suggest having one made by Grigorios, severed with fresh cherries or watermelon. There is so much to do and see but rather than organising it ourselves you can take a 20 minute walk to Marmari (or the bus) to visit the trip organisers who will arrange a trip for you, which works out cheaper as the coach picks you up from the bus stop outside the hotel and drops you off there too. We went on the three island tour costing 35 euro. We got the coach to Kos port when we harboured the boat and visited three islands and lunch on one island was included in the cost. On the last island we harboured just off shore and had half an hour to jump of the boat and snorkel. We also booked a trip up the mountains to Zia to watch the sunset for 8 euros. It was a specular view and perfect for a meal while watching the sun go down. The last trip we went on was Paradise Beach for 10 euros which is on the South West of the Island. The beach is beautiful and has a Hawaiian style bar or a Tavern overlooking the ocean. Check out was at 11 am on the 3rd but our flight was not until 12.30 am on the 4th. However we were allowed to leave our suitcases at the hotel and use the shower and toilets below reception after check out time. Each meal after check out time cost 10 euros, Thank you for making our holiday lovely, we hope to visit you again in the future.

Emily Paterson/ Jacenta Bevington

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank Jacenta B
6ramona8, Υπεύθυνος Σχέσεων με Πελάτες at Aslanis Village, responded to this review, 19 September 2014
Dear guest,
It is always a pleasure to read your reviews after your departure as you are assuring us that we have succed to offer you a pleasant stay.
Thank you for all.
Kinf Regards,
Ramona Iliadis

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Bunessan, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Got back on Friday after spending a week at the Aslanis Hotel. First of all, a massive thankyou to Ramona, Ionis, Gregory, Mike the Chef and the lovely Albanian waitress. We couldn't have felt more welcome. We arrived at 2 o'clock in the morning and were shown to our room. We have two children and there were only three single beds in total. As we had never been to Greece before we thought that this must be what constitutes a family room. Didn't bother us, the boys just slept head to toe and we got on with it. Without us even mentioning it the next day, an extra bed and towels were added while we were at breakfast and Ramona couldn't have been more apologetic about the mix up. Rooms were big and airy with a lovely balcony looking over the palm trees and pool. Food was fantastic but, just a tip, go and get your table and just sit back and have a drink and wait. The hordes come in and pile their plates high as if they've never eaten before. There is no need for this as Mike and his crew keep the food coming - there is plenty for everyone so just relax and wait until the line goes down. Fantastic salads and varied hot dishes (sometimes even burger and chips for the hard core Brit) but overall, the food is authentically Greek. In the heat, you don't miss the deep fried food - if you want that, go to Benidorm. We ended up grazing and treating it like tapas taking small portions at a time while enjoying the wine and beer.

The mini-mart is only a ten minute walk away but be sure to take smaller Euro notes with you. Everywhere in Kos (even in Zia and Kos town) seems to be short on change and they don't look too kindly upon larger notes. Our kids (and the friends that they made at Aslanis) all loved playing pool but it was quite difficult to get 1euro coins to feed the table - so take a stash with you.

The bus stop is less than a five minute walk and they run hourly during the day through to Kos town. 2euro for adults and 1euro for younger children. We hired a car for a day which Ramona organised for us (the day before) and it was well worth it. They'll either drop the car off at the hotel or pick you up and take you to the car lot which is ten minutes away. Great day out with the car and gives you the freedom to explore the beautiful island.

Overall, a fantastic family holiday. The locals are extremely friendly and hospitable. Once again, to Ramona, Ionis, Gregoria and our friend Mike, you are a credit to your country and the hospitality industry. We will definitely recommend you and your hotel as a perfect holiday destination.

Dave, Bron, Sam and Murdo

P.S. Mike, there's always a job for you in Australia when we finally move and get our own cafe!

Room Tip: All rooms face in to the pool area but we suggest paying the extra 6euros a day for the air conditio...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank Bronny H
Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time ti share your experience from your vacantion to our hotel!
Every new comment that we read regarding the restful holiday of our guest ,make us feel happy and excited for succeeding our purpose.
Thank you once more for choosing us .
Ramona Iliaids
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 July 2014

My wife and I stayed early June2014. I had read the reviews so the "all inclusive light" was not a surprise and had no effect on our stay. Overall the visit was positive. I would describe the hotel as Rustic and homely with the owners working flat out to please the guests. My wife had a bad reaction to insect bites and Ramona helped us enormously organising at trip to the local Chemist to get medicines. The trip into Kos Town is very cheap by bus and well worth it. We enjoyed the food which was very much authentic local dishes however I would agree that more fresh fruit would enhance the offering. Overall a different but very enjoyable vacation. Thank you

Room Tip: The rooms that have open access to the pool area's from the terrace are very convenient.
4 Thank Nigel H
6ramona8, Υπεύθυνος Δημοσίων Σχέσεων at Aslanis Village, responded to this review, 19 September 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.
We are very pleased that you have enjoyed the overall experience with us and look forward to your next visit .
Best Regards,
Ramona Iliadis
Shropshire
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Firstly, this is not an all inclusive resort - we had been assured when booking that it was all inclusive but it is in fact full board plus selected drinks with lunch and dinner - everything else has to be paid for. There were several parties there during our stay that were expecting all inclusive and clearly were not happy. The co-owner explained they have been operating this family run small hotel as "All inclusive light" but continue to have to explain to a lot of people on arrival that it is not all inclusive. I would have thought after 3 years trading this important issue would have been resolved by now.
Leaving the all inclusive issue aside now, this is a friendly, quiet and safe resort with a nice friendly feel to it. The husband and wife team of co-owners were very friendly and welcoming. The dining choice of courses are limited because it is a small concern but what was available we got by.
Lovely pool area, where we spent most of our time and only 2 euro by bus to Kos town which is worth a visit. Bus stop is only 3/4 minutes from hotel and buses run on time.
Overall, we enjoyed our time at Aslanis Village Hotel and we were given receipts for all our "extra" expenditure incurred for drinks/ice creams/water etc. to take up with our booking agent for re-imbursement

6 Thank kasm57
6ramona8, Διευθυντής at Aslanis Village, responded to this review, 19 September 2014
Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time toshare your feedback, We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us.
About all inclusive light unfortunately even is our third year we want to mentioned is not our fault.
But again we want to thank you for all and we hope to see you again.
Ioannis iliadis
Leeds
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I my 12yr old daughter & my friend just returned from Aslanis Hotel, stayed 25th June- 2nd July in room 206. It was a cheap last min All Inclusive holiday or what we thought. It was advertised on Teletext Holidays website as All Inclusive but when we received the details via email it stated All Inclusive “Light”. After looking into this on the internet we found out that its 3 meals a day with free local drinks with meals.
When we arrived at the hotel at about 10pm we were greeted by Ramona who was friendly enough. We noticed that the first thing she asked us was if we knew about the All Inclusive Light which we did and I asked the question, are drinks free between the hours of each meal which the answer was yes. Please note that this is only possible if you stay in the dining area which can feel like a greenhouse so I kept opening the large windows, sometimes this helped. It can get very busy in high season so not always seats outside but then it’s too hot under the sun as there were no sun brollies. (I did see one get put up on our last day as another customer complained it was too hot for his baby so he was going to eat in the bar area in the shade). So to clarify, you can only get free local drinks between meal times if you stay in the dining area, if you sit in the bar area you have to pay, even if it’s still between the hours of the meals.
I mentioned that I looked on Trip Adviser & saw the high percentage the hotel had been given & it was the main reason we booked with them, Ramona said you cannot please everyone, which is very true.
The room we was given was basic & clean but not as clean as some other reviews are stating. There were cobwebs in corners at low level therefor not hard to reach if cleaned as often as the hotel states. The towels had stains on them & were very rough as they were dried in the sun (I noticed one day whilst sitting in shaded bar area outside), there was a kitchenette style area but I wouldn’t prepare food there as it wasn’t clean enough. One good thing is that the fridge kept our water very cold. There was plenty of wardrobe space but more coat hangers would help.
The main door was very difficult to shut, it had to be locked to keep the door closed.
I noticed that there weren’t many plug sockets & the ones that were there were all loose & you could see gaps around them.
There was a chair to sit on in front of the dressing table which I had to keep banging together as it was coming apart.
The beds were VERY hard & my friend ended up with a mattress that had a spring that stuck out so every time she turned over it would stick in her, she ended up with a bad back. Ramona did ask what was wrong as my friend found it painful to walk, when she explained that the mattress was uncomfortable & there was a spring, Ramona said it was the humidity, as though she was disregarding that it was nothing to do with the hardness of the mattresses, yes high humidity can cause stiff joints but she has been in hotter climates & had no problems at all. I did not have one good night’s sleep whilst there & could not wait to go home to actually have a good night’s sleep. May I also add that Ramona was polite enough to offer any help if needed but when my friend asked for extra pillows she was told she would have to wait till the next day as her cleaners had taken the keys? There were empty rooms & one of them was next door to us so why the pillows couldn’t be taken from there & then replaced by the cleaners the next day is beyond me. Yes my friend got the pillows but after the worst/painful night’s sleep ever & yes the pillows did help once she got them so Thank You in the end.
Over the weeks holiday it came to light that most of the families did not know of All Inclusive Light & were having to spend money they didn’t really have just on refreshments.
We found ourselves having only one drink on some nights so we didn’t use all our money up.
On one day whilst waiting at the reception I overheard Ramona explaining to another customer that it wasn’t their fault regarding the “All Inclusive Light” option, it was the agents, it was what the agents put to them & said it was the best option for the hotel. I am sure, I might be wrong here, but it’s your hotel, your choice?
One thing that annoyed me was on Saturday 3rd full day of stay, I asked for some clean towels as we weren’t given any. The man of the hotel said ok. We were sat down in the bar area & Ramona came over to us & said she had spoken to her cleaners & they said they gave us clean towels the day before. When I said this was incorrect she again said her cleaners said they had. The thing is I wouldn’t ask if we had as we understood we only got clean towels every 3 days & that there was no service on Sundays (I read the letter I was given at check in) our bed sheets were changed on the Monday which confused me, shouldn’t that be on the 3rd day too? I was a little gob smacked as to how we were challenged, instead of just giving the clean towels as requested.
The food was nice, a little bland but couldn’t fault it really, well done to the chef.
The lady who gets you your drinks, at the beginning of the holiday she came across as though she didn’t want to be there, we felt as though we were an inconvenience. The dirty plates came before the customers?
At one point I asked if we could go get our drinks as she was busy but I was told no & she wouldn’t be long, sometimes we got our drinks when we’d finished our meals.
The “gift shop” is sun tan creams & less than 10 magnets. The “mini Market” is a stand of crisps & cookies.
There was a great selection of ice cream lollies & at reasonable prices.
Tip for drinks, buy a bottle of cola/sprite as its 4.5 euro’s as a glass is 2.5 euro’s, lasts longer.
There was no entertainment although stated on your website it’s once a week? “Once a week guests can enjoy a Greek night with traditional food and dancing.”
I think if it wasn’t for the football no one would be in the bar area.
We were in bed for 10pm much to my daughters delight (not).
The free wi-fi is great but doesn’t always work & you have to let the family input the password on your device. I was a little fazed by this as at every other hotel I have been to with free wi-fi a poster has been put up with the password on.
The hotel itself is in a quiet location in the middle of countryside, it is very relaxing. There’s a beach about a mile away with 2 shops on the way.
You can get a bus to Kos from a bus stop about a 5min walk from the hotel for 2 euro’s each way (Recommended).
The sunbeds a little uncomfortable (take a camping mat which you can buy from the internet for around £1. We were given 3 from some lovely people who were leaving which we then passed on).
If you wanted a sunbed with a brolly you had to get up early to put your towels on the sunbed otherwise you would be without. There were 4 brollies & about 45-50 sunbeds. Tip if on the grass area, make sure you were foot wear as many people were getting stung by wasps.
All in all we had a good holiday & the family are nice enough but I’m afraid we will not be returning.
I will now await your response & by what I have already read by the responses you have made to people who have not enjoyed their stay, well, all I can say is that it is not very professional.
You may want to take on board that after a year still people are complaining about the same issues, this is not anyone’s fault but your own.
Customer service is one of the main things at this hotel, but so is listening to your customers & dealing with the issues not challenging them, it will help your business in the long run.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Smileandbehappy123
6ramona8, Owner at Aslanis Village, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
We are disappointed about what you write !!! not deal with people like you, who when you arrived at the hotel, you said that you know very well about our program !!!!
everything was fine with you and as usual the last day after your check out ,you ask us if is possible to eat in restaurant ( for free ) ,Our answer was not and that s it !!!!
You forget to say about our upgrade ,...you book a twin room and we give you 1bed apartment !
we are obligate to ask our cleaners about ,what happen in your room ,if you say and do complains that you do not have towels in your room ...we must to know why ???
every day you say < thank you > for all !!! and now ???/maybe is the time to try for some money back .
Sevenoaks, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Booked with a friend and stayed at Alanis for one week all inclusive light. This includes a local wine, beer or soft drink with lunch and dinner. All other drinks and snack have to be paid for. This was not a problem for us but please don't go expecting everything paid for!
The rooms are large and clean and include a sink and fridge area.
The pool area is lovely with plenty of sun beds. I love that this hotel was never packed out round the pool. There was always sun beds available.
The food was good Greek food but I can see the burgers and chips brigade would be disappointed. I loved it. The seating area for dining was great you can sit outside and eat.
Not a lot in the area and quite a walk to the beach.
I was badly bitten by Mosquitos and had an allergic reaction ending up in Kos Town hospital. Take plenty of insect repellant!
The hotel is family run, by Ramona, her husband and her son. This made it very friendly and a cosy feel to it.
The Greek church in the grounds is well worth a visit too.
Would definitely go again, (with half a gallon of insect spray!! The top tip on a day visit to Turkey was to buy the lemon cologne for €2 in duty free on the way back. Insects hate it.

Room Tip: This is a low rise hotel and all rooms seem accessible and good.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank SallyC100
6ramona8, Manager at Aslanis Village, responded to this review, 6 July 2014
Dear guest,
Thank you once more for choosing us and we assure you that we will keep striving tp improve our guest"s experience!
Ioannis Iliadis
Livingston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 June 2014

My husband and I have just returned form an weeks stay at the Aslanis. It's a very mixed review.
We cannot fault the cleanliness of the hotel or its surroundings. The staff were ever helpful. Ramona and Yanis are a lovely couple and its their mission to help and please you. The Aslanis is not the Ritz but neither is their prices. If you want 4/5 star you have to pay for it. It is certainly not all inclusive. This come's from the travel agents and not the owners. They have been told to make it this All inclusive light. It's full board with a refreshment at meal times. I found the food not to bad, I was never hungry, my husband doesn't agree but then he is a finikey eater. Fresh fruit was lacking. The room was very large and kept very clean, you do pay for air con and you do need it. It is pretty remote with no other bars or cafe's etc round about. We like a stroll after dinner and a nosey about the shops, there is nothing around . But hey ho. It was very relaxing. The pool area is spotless and plenty of sunbeds with lovely big brollies. I would go to Kos for sure again, but a little more Kos town end. I might try their new hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms look onto pool apart from the garden rooms(too low down)
1 Thank dozyrozy
6ramona8, Διευθυντής at Aslanis Village, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear guest,
Thank you once more for choosing us and we assure you that we will keep striving to improve our guest"s experience.
Ioannis Iliaids