“Brilliant Family Holiday” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Marmari
Hatfield, United Kingdom
“Brilliant Family Holiday”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

We travelled to Holiday Village Kos in June 2013 for 11 nights with our 2 daughters aged 13 and 8 and had a fantastic time.

We arrived early hours of the morning and were checked in quickly by friendly staff who provided us with sandwiches and drinks to take back to our room. Our room was fantastically presented and spotlessly clean and kept that way all week, Our youngest daughter was delighted to find her nighties folded into flowers everyday when we returned.

We spent most of our time at the relaxation pool which again was kept spotlessly clean, there was an issue with sun beds if you didn't get to the pool early but we just went to the private beach when this was the case which is lovely. The food was great, exactly what you would expect from an all inclusive holiday, always hot and lots of choice, breakfast was a massive hit with the kids especially the pancakes and waffles. Chefs took great care constantly probing food for temperatures and keeping areas clean. (My partner and I both work in restaurants so appreciate this)

Our kids loved i-5Live in the evenings in the amphitheatre, the First Choice team were great. We went on two day trips, first to the Lido water park which was a great family day out and we would highly recommend. We also went to Paradise Beach for a day which was lovely and had a huge choice of water sports which again would highly recommend. We also got the bus into Kos Town for the day which we all enjoyed although there is not all that much there.

We have booked Holiday village Cyprus for this year for no other reason than not wanting to return to the same place twice, we all have our fingers crossed that it will live up to Holiday Village Kos.

Room Tip: We had a family room with partition which was perfect for us and two daughters aged 13 and 8.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Abby C
Dimitris A, General Manager at Holiday Village Kos by Atlantica, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let us know your feedback during your stay with us.

It is indeed always a pleasure to read comments about our great team members. It is also pleasing to know that our location and product were to your expectations.

We hope you will continue to make us your first choice when in Kos.

the Holiday Village Kos team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (303)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

Travelled October 2013 with my partner and our 1 year old - my parents and sister her husband and their children ages 6 months to 11 years old we arrived late to be greeted with drinks and sandwiches checking in was manic and very messy - arrived to the room to find it was really dirty hair, dust , sand blood stained curtains , the bathroom had scum all in the bath toothpaste all over the mirrors the shower wss covered in mould and broken the door was coming out of the frame was very unhappy but was nearly 3am so complained the next day we asked to be moved but they advised we could not be moved but they would send the cleaner's down got back to the room the bed had been thrown over not made and the room was still filthy - with a 1 year old crawling around we couldnt let her on floor we complained another 3 times with no joy! We went back to the room one lunch time to find the maid in our room again she threw the bed covers over (no clean sheets the whole week ) her effort of cleaning the bathroom was turning the shower on rinsed around the bath flushed the toilet and shut the door we saw this more than once which I was horrified having a baby with us this Is very very poor standards - iv been to cleaner hostels , THIS HOTEL IS NOT A 4 * and most of the other holiday makers agreed the whole place was filthy the public toilet areas were so dirty we would go back to the rooms any time of the day and night you got drinks in small paper cups whether it was wine , hot chocolate , lager or a cocktail Paper Cups like at a chikdrens party !!!!!!!!!!! in the dining room the staff were lovley but again terribly dirty at breakfast where the cerals were in tube containers that lets so much out would get spilt all overthe work sufface thismwould cause all sorts of insects and flys but wait for it the staff would brush it up and pour it back into the tubs - !!!!! Even for the fussiest of people this was way beyond unacceptable levels of hygein . the food was not very good always cold the only plus was the waffles in a morning if you was lucky !!!! as for thr show cooking this was highky amusing the first night we went to see what the man was show cooking , he cut open a bag of chicken nuggets and poured them into a deep fryer !!! the entertainment was bad there was little in the pools - this was probably the worst hotel iv ever stayed in - the hotel is literally in the middle of no where the beach across the road was nice and you got a pass for a beach towel and the man in the hotel adult onky bar was lovely but thats about as far as the pros go terrible terrible hotel it looks nice on the picyures but needs very much imroving I would not recommended this to anyone and this place was not fit for a dog !! oh and on the last day as we were leaving we caught the maid sat on the end of the bed in our room where there was a cot she was having a ciggerette maybe I might be a little over protective but I was absolutely disgusted - As Martin Lewis says the stars are not always right the stars only go off the facilities of the hotel do not book tjis hotel if your looking for a family holiday Menorca -Almirante Farragut is a 3* plus and was fantastic spoltlessly clean food fantastic for an all inclusive could not find 1 fault with it

Room Tip: Unfortunately I lost my camera so I lost all tbe horrendous photos of this seriously dirty place
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
9 Thank new2tripAds
Philippos S, Manager at Holiday Village Kos by Atlantica, responded to this review, 16 March 2015

Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

Me and my boyfriend visited the holiday village Kos in June 2013. We arrived at the hotel quite late at night. Many people had wrote reviews complaining that they were given a different room to which they had booked, this was not the case with us. We booked the family room with a sliding door and got that room. The room was gorgeous, nice and modern and clean for the most part. Check in was fast and efficient and we were given some sandwiches, fruit and drinks to take back to our room, which was appreciated!

When we arrived at the room, after checking in and were given brief instructions as to where the room was, we were delighted with the room until we found that the bathroom window had been left open. This let in lots of mosquito's and large Daddy Long Legs as we call them in the UK( crane fly's). Now I understand that the room must have been cleaned before we arrived and the cleaners had the left the window open but we spent much part of 25 minutes just clearing the room of bugs. Big tip: Take some mosquito spay, high in deet, I've also heard that the Avon dry oil spray (the blue one) also works just as well. I will be purchasing this for my next holiday! Most nights we had a few mosquitoes in the room but we had the plug ins so I believe that helped a lot. As our room was on the bottom floor we did have a few cockroaches in the room so I wish we'd of asked for a second floor room.

The hotel itself is well looked after and large. The beach was lovely and we spent most of our time there as we could always find sun loungers. If you go onto the beach and turn left there is a more private part which was quieter. If you want sun loungers round the pool get up early! Most of the them were reserved by 9 a.m sometimes earlier.

The buffet restaurant was nice, by the end of our holiday it started getting really busy. The staff are excellent and serve you well. It was rather loud due to the amount of young families but that didn't bother us. The food changed most days and we loved the breakfast Belgium sugar waffles, Yum! We didn't try any of the a la cart restaurants. The snack bar near the main large pool was okay most days the food was luke warm and sometimes I saw flies going on the food. We usually just got a sandwich and used the panini maker which was nice. The drinks at the hotel were good, we drank mostly bottled water during the day and enjoying the spirits at night. They never really tasted that water down and the bar tenders are generous with the amount of alcohol they give you.

We went to the water park lido in Faliraki which was an excursion offered by first choice. It was 25 euros for travel and entry. You have to pay a 5 euro deposit for a locker at the park and you get 2 euros back when you leave. The park itself is quite big and for the time of year was quite empty so we didnt have to wait for the rides. The day itself was extremely hot so if you are visiting during the hottest summer months please be sun safe and take high factor suncream. The website of the waterpark is below;

The entertainment at the hotel was mainly child oriented. This meant that all entertainment was finished around 11 and most bars shut by 12 so were back in the room by then. This made the holiday quite boring at night but not enough to effect how much we enjoyed it.

We got the bus into Kos one day and visited the Kos Town Castle ruins, this was lovely and extremely interesting and I urge people to do this and learn some culture about the town. The town is a beautiful place with lots of shops! We also got the same bus and got off in Tingaki where there is a large shopping market. Here they sell all sorts; food, drinks, souvenirs and tobacco and alcohol to take home. Quite cheap prices also! The bus stop is directly outside of the supermarket so easy to get there and back.

If you are visiting with kids they will have a blast! Lots to do and a lovely atmosphere.

Room Tip: Ask for a second floor room if you don't want cockroaches getting into your room through the pat...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank laurenatravel

Hastings, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014

As it had been a magic life hotel I had great expectations - unfortunately we were very disappointed. The accomodation was fine clean and comfortable other than that it was pretty awful hundreds of children - we went mid September! Canteen was noisy plastic and pretty grim though food was ok. The saving grace was the,adult bar where we could relax and met some lovely people British and German. The beach was small noisy and crowded. Definitely not the relaxing pre winter break we were hoping for. I cannot comment on the entertainment as we didn't bother its in an amphitheatre and as my hubby is partially sighted it would have been quite difficult, and really not our cup of tea. I'm sure if you have a young family it would be a great holiday but not for us bad planning on our part!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank jivinjojo

Hull, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014 via mobile

This hotel is one of the best family holidays iv been to. The grounds are lovely and really well kept. The beach is ok I dont really think much to any of the beaches in kos I find them small and abit dirty but in all fairness marmari is the best beach in kos. The food is nice aswell. Lots of variety even for the pickiest of eaters. Lots of fresh greek salad and fruit at every serving too. Theres lots of greek dishes aswell as spag bol chips chicken nuggets burgers ect so will suit all taste buds. The pools are well kept (bit cold but I did go in may so may of warmed up abit in the summer) plenty of pools aswell as a quiet pool so if u want to relax away from the entertainment whilst kids are in the kids club thats a bonus. What I will absolutly 100% say was the best part of the holiday though was the entertainment team. They want medals for all the work they do. They work from morning till night keepin the kids entertained. Puttin on performances. I really do not know where they get there energy from they are absolutly fantastic! It was tiring just watchin all the work they do!! Really fab holiday would defo return

Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank travelexpert201

Conisbrough, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014

We stayed here for one week from 7th September 2013
We found the hotel to be of a good standard, very clean. Our room was in a good location, just out of ear shot from the annoying tones of anna banana's voice, the rest of the entertainment team were great and put on some fairly good shows every night. We mostly go on all inclusive holidays and found this hotel to have one of the biggest and best selections of food, my partner is a vegetarian and always found loads if things he could actually eat apart from salad, the food stations literally went from one end of the dining room to the other. The pool area was really nice and plenty of sunbeds (I doubt it will be the same in high season), we mostly spent our time around one of the quieter pools, it was nice not to be hassled into taking part in the activites, towards the end of the holiday the activity guys had pretty much figured out those who take part and those who didnt want to join in and they left you alone. We ventured down to the beach area a couple of times and to be honest we werent that impressed with it so we stuck to the pool. The only downside to the holiday was the airport on the return journey, all I can say is disorganised chaos, it was horrible and I wouldnt recommend if you have young children as they may find it a little scary, im a 30 year old woman and I felt very uneasy also my partner and myself and another couple were involved in a scuffle with a german bloke who tried pushing in the que ( my biggest bug bear ).... basically you have to que to get into the airport, the que to check in the que to bag drop, que for passport control ect.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Siobhan S

Warwick, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

My girlfriend and I visited this resort in early october, well aware that this is a resort that would primarily aimed at families with kids. Well let's just say that I'm a big kid (34) who thoroughly enjoyed the stay here.

In terms of accommodation, the rooms could not be faulted... clean and tidy each day, and in a lovely quiet location, away from the main holiday entertainment shenanigans (which is something I had requested) . There was a family of stray cats living outside the apartment block, and indeed this was something of a commonality within Kos in general. Needless to say, these cats were a source of a great deal of drunken affection and entertainment when returning late at night (I even made my girlfriend smuggle fish out of the restaurant in her hand-bag so that we could feed the hungry pussies one night. But, I digress...

In terms of food quality at the restaurants, and pool bars, this was generally good, if a little repetitive. My only gripe here being that all the plates were stone cold. We also at at the al a carte, american diner, and that was a particularly pleasant experience. The italian seemed to be shut most the week, and the greek we didn't bother with.

Where this hotel sets itself apart from the rest is the quality of its 'First Choice' entertainment team. .. Headed up by the luscious Annabel... like a sexy duracell bunny on acid, there followed a top notch team of entertainers, and special mention must go out to 'Dave' AKA farmer Giles ... (once again, apologies for trying to make you break character on stage)

This is a fun resort, and I'll be honest, KOS is a bit of a hole but this place give you more than you need to have a great week. We went to Bodrum for the day too... TIP: don't bother with the first choice organised trip. Just go to Kos harbour (2 euro on bus) and get your own ferry across to Turkey.

Looking forward to visiting again some time, although I suspect anna-banana will have moved on to bigger and better things by then.. (call me ? ;)

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank E E
Philippos S, Manager at Holiday Village Kos by Atlantica, responded to this review, 26 June 2015
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the great review of our hotel!
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again very soon.

Hotel Team
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marmari
Blue Lagoon Village
Summer Village Hotel
Summer Village Hotel
#5 of 14 in Marmari
Kipriotis Village Resort

Been to Holiday Village Kos by Atlantica? Share your experiences!