“good budget hotel”
Review of Nina Beach Hotel

Nina Beach Hotel
Ranked #15 of 15 Hotels in Marmari
Reviewed 19 September 2013

although the name of the hotel is nina beach , the nearest beach is about half a mile away , but quite a pleasant walk , although there is a very good local bus service that will take you to marmari beach or kos town for 2 euros .the hotel is situated in spacious , well looked after grounds , with a large swimming pool at the front , everything was clean,the water clear and sparkly and always plenty of sun beds -- with a snack/drinks bar at the side.
the hotel , bedrooms , were freshly painted and clean , although there was not tea making facilities , hairdryer and air-con or tv were only available if you paid a supplement.
the buffet food provided had a limited choice and our experience was that it was hot and frequently kept topped up and as the kitchen doors opened everything looked clean and in good order in the cooking area.
all the staff were efficient and when we had a problem with our room we were moved to another without any fuss.
remember that this is a good budget priced hotel and cannot expect five star luxury, if some nights the buffet was not to our liking we found good local restaurants serving reasonably priced food although around marmari , very few establishments accepted credit cards.
we enjoyed our stay at nina beach hotel ; the only big minus is that if you are allocated a ground floor room - try and change because the other rooms are far better.

Room Tip: try to keep out of the ground floor rooms
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 13 September 2013

Eight of us travelled to Kos, which included 3 adults and 5 children. we arrived at 2;30 in the morning and the night watch man had to be woken by several drivers. We enquired about the air con, only to be told that there would be an additional charge, there was no mention of this at the time of booking! We only slept for a few hours, as breakfast is from 7:30 - 9:30am, too early for my liking, and the breakfast was a let down. No toast just stale bread and cold frankfuters and beans, with the option of warm team and salad! My mum then went to reception to pay for 2 weeks air con for two rooms, which totalled e168. The hotel rooms were appalling and the bathroom was a disgrace. The bathroom constantly flooded and this was not fixed, even though we complained. This resulted in us having to mop up the floor using hotel towels. However as we then had no clean towels we kindly asked if we could have several replacement towels. This was met with an abrupt response of "no, you get clean towels every 3 days", which in fact the towels were never enough for 8 of us and were never replaced. However once the hotel was told by us that if the children slipped and fell and hurt themselves as a result of the wet floor we would sue, they relented. You should not have to argue for basic things. The staff were very rude, and the hotel manager was equally unhelpful and argumentative. On one occasion his response to a complaint was "I am sick of you people and your complaints, I am stressed". Georgia and pedro that work at the pool bar were the only two helpful and friendly members of staff, However my food was undercooked on several occasions and rats were living in the roof space, we know this as one fell through the roof as we were eating lunch!!!!

My mum had to get her money back for the air con of one room as it did not work, however the owner was not keen to give a refund and we were then left to argue yet again for something that was not right. The hotel management and staff knew the air con in my Mum's room was broke at the time of booking, yet still took her money and tried to keep fobbing her off with the promise that an engineer would come and fix it.

The room had no windows and the curtain on the door was filthy dirty. The only good thing about this hotel was the pool. Although there were not adequate amounts of sunbeds for the amount of guests. Furthermore, all the children's equipment which was pictured on line was not there apart from the swings, which had dirty water pumped underneath it. The description on line states that the rooms are equipped with satellite TV, A radio, hair dryer and air con. Well the TV and Air con is at a charge, the radio did not work and there is no use of a hair dryer. On line it goes on to state that every third day is a latin pool party and greek nights are often....this is not the case at all. we were there 2 weeks and never had a single Latin night and only had One greek night, which comprised of the same song on loop and two female greek dancers. not very greek for me. The second weeks entertainment was held by two holiday makers using thir laptop and some big speakers and were only thanked with two drinks!!!

Table Tennis bats were broke, the pool table was off limits to children, you had to pay e150 deposit for mini golf, Table football did not work and there was no satellite TV or internet games as stated on line in the games room!

The beach was said to be adjacent to Nina Hotel, however there was an extra 15 minute walk to get there. And if you think this all bad, then do not rely on dinner to make up for this. The buffet was yet more salad and recycled food, which got dryer and more tasteless as the week went on! The hotel did not make any traditional Greek food, nor did they cook a nice edible cuisine.

All in all we were glad to be back in rainy Britain!

Room Tip: Please do not go here lol!!!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
7  Thank Gooner8989
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Me and my friend arrived at our room after checking in and found that there was crack in the bottom bit of glass on the door - not a good start! When looking round our room we found that the room was generally tidy, however there were a lot of mosquito's splattered all around the room which had not been cleaned off! We arrived quite late at night and was instantly hit by the heat so we purchased the air con (42 euro for the week!) and found that it made a horrible noise! This left me and my friend in an awkward predicament because we did not want to disturb the other guests, but we didn't want to leave the air con off as we had paid a lot of money for it (if it was free, we would have turned it off). We went to reception and explained the situation and was told that someone will be out the following day to fix it.. The next day we went BACK to reception and was told that the technician was not coming out today, it would be tomorrow.. This continued until we were eventually told they would be out on Wednesday (the day we left). The food at the hotel I personally found average. As the food was set out like a buffet, there was limited choice.. Especially if you are a fussy eater, or if you are a veggie etc. I found myself skipping dinner on several nights as I could not be bothered to face the disappointment. Some of the staff at the hotel do need to work on their manners.. However, Georgina (who works at the pool bar during the day) and Petro (who works at the pool bar at night) were lovely! Georgina makes lovely omelettes which saved me throughout the holiday due to the awful food served at dinner! The pool was one of the highlights of the hotel as it was kept tidy and maintained regularly.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lauren H
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Arrived 4.15am to be told no room have to wait till reception opens then told no confirmation come through so couldn't get room till it does, so went to beach to have hour on sun loungers phoned travel agent who said it had been sent, went back they said it had not but was given family room for night was Tuesday before we was given the 2 double rooms which we paid for. the staff really unfriendly except georga and pedro who worked pool bar day and night they was lovely. the food was cold and same meal rotated every 2 days if you like salad for breakfast you will enjoy this hotel, paid half board but had to eat out just to get away from salad and have something hot to eat. couldn't wait to come home.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank kay p
Reviewed 7 September 2013 via mobile

We booked this last minute deal through 9holidays.com. We stayed ONE night! It was the worst place I have ever seen. The food was cold and there was one hot choice (still cold) and salad without meat or cheeses. The room was gross, windowless except for the door with some filthy piece of rag draped over the ripped fly screen. We were told it was air conditioned, but not that there is an extra charge to use it!! The only thing good I can say is that the staff were pleasant. We left and went to the Palladium Hotel and paid again to stay there. I could go on and on but what is the point.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank AudreyEveritt
Reviewed 6 September 2013

I travelled on my own to Kos and when I arrived I was told the hotel had been overbooked and myself and a family of 5 were told we were going to have to be transported to another hotel until such time they had space - not a good start and apparently happened to a lot of people it transpired later - so for the management toile and say it was a problem with their computers that day was absolute rubbish and blatant lying.

2 Days later I was told I could go back to the hotel and they picked me up and took me back. The hotel was clean and functional but be prepared for very basic buffet food. As a guy on his own this wasn't a big issue, but if you are a veggie, have children with selective tastes or just quite picky don't expect to be satisfied.

The hotel was clean, pool was nice and staff were pretty friendly, though you could see that some of them were not particularly happy and it transpired that despite the hotel being regularly full some of them had not been paid for a number of months, so I guess I'd be unhappy too!

The management were okay in the main, however I saw a couple of times when people had complained at reception about aircon not working etc. and their complaints were dealt with in a very aggressive and defensive manner by the management - not good. Also , charges of 6 Euros pd for aircon seemed really excessive

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Peewhy70
Reviewed 6 September 2013

We have just returned on the 5th, we had a lovely week. Was a bit unsure after reading a few negative reviews? Hotel was very clean and the staff could not do enough for you. Nina was always on hand if needed. My friends are still there until Sunday, very jealous. Would return again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marmari
Mariliza Beach Bungalows
#152 of 219 in Kos
Roselands Hotel Bungalows
Roselands Hotel Bungalows
#14 of 15 in Marmari

Been to Nina Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!