“Fantastic location with beautiful beach”

Roselands Hotel Bungalows
Ranked #14 of 15 Hotels in Marmari
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Before I travelled I read some of the reviews, which were not painting a good scene of the Roseland hotel or the area of Marmari. Thank goodness for the lady who said to ignore all the adverse comments. I found the quiet location charming, the food pleasant and the staff friendly and made my stay very enjoyable. The walk to the beach is approx. 10 minutes and takes you through the small village with shops, bars, car/ bicycle/ quad hire, excursion outlets, supermarkets and restaurants. There is also a horse ranch where you can horse ride on the beach, which goes on for miles in both directions, plus water sports available nearby. For those who say there is nothing to do I can only imagine they stayed in their room for the duration of their holiday! The local bus runs hourly into Kos Town with the bus stop a 3 minute walk from the hotel. Marmari is a beautiful resort and perfect location for exploring the island. If you want night clubs go somewhere that has them.

Room Tip: There is a main building plus a 3 storey block of rooms and small 2 storey blocks situated in the ga...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank Cidergirl2013

Reviewed 22 July 2013

Family run friendly hotel my bottom! Maybe if compared to the Adams family and even then I'd say the Adams family could trump them. The owner - AGGRESIVE, RUDE, INTIMIDATING! I tried to take a cup of tea up to the room as my partner was still asleep (ps, take your own t bags, 3 of theirs barely gave you a weak tea) only to find 3 members of aggressive burly male staff block my route to ask what I was doing, then told aggressively that I couldn't take my tea any further as the maid would have to bring the cup down (I wouldn't mind but in true contradictory style the owner delivered 2 glasses of cola to the room the night before (to make up for another aggressive outburst (and we're only on the morning of day 2)) and we returned the glasses, unlike the owner, we have manners!) the owner then bustled in stating that "you want kettle & fridge in room, you go 5 star!). Once they had your money they got what they wanted, please dont expect any hospitality back in return. I dont recall any member of staff ever smiling at us for the duration of the sentence

The food is utter slop, there is no way that this hotel should be given an all inclusive status, the all in drinks comprise of weak beer, rum and soft drinks! The pool stinks of effluence (some bright spark decided to plonk the sewage treatment right next to the pool!) and to save a bit of money they dont bother providing any cushions for the sun loungers, hard unforgiving plastic all the way. The rooms are clean (ish) but the maids constantly left the door open, both front and balcony so the room was infested with mosquito's and if you have valuables it's pot luck as to whether they are there on your return, perhaps a ploy to get more money out of you to pay for the safe. The bathroom is TINY, you cant bend over in the shower as there's not room and constantly bruise yourself on the taps. The sink was only ever cleaned by me for the week that we stayed there.

The best thing we did was hire a scooter for the week and if you dont have the nerve to drive one and do not choose to take in these wise reviews, the simple fact that you are in the middle of nowhere surrounded by fields should disway you from choosing this awful establishment, the town of Marmaris has very little to offer, in fact I'd say the best attraction in Marmaris is the road taking you out of it. The only thing we used the all inclusive hotel for was to shower and sleep and when raising the possibility of a reimbursement for the food we got our heads bitten off. After this, we avoided any member of the staff like the plague.

Roselands in the hands of someone else could be a lovely place, still dull as ever but a little hospitality could go a long way. Kos is a lovely place, we travelled everywhere and saw some great places and met some fantastic people but you wont be doing that at Roselands. Roselands should be rated as a 2 star hotel, borderline 1 and If I could give it a zero out of 5 I would.

Room Tip: Lol, tips to choose a good room!! Choose a different hotel!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank HTCity
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Stayed here after mix up with travel company as thought we were going to hotel with same name in Zante BIG MISTAKE!

The only good thing about this place is the bar men Mikey & Christos and the animator Peter.

All inclusive hmm that's a joke unless you like brandy or ouzo, 5 euros for a cocktail not right all inclusive should be what it says on the tin.

Food.... Well where do I start..... If you enjoy peach slices then you will be ok.

First time ever that I have lost weight on holiday!

Don't bother paying the 3 euros a night for air conditioning I can honestly say a break wind with more oomph

If you are over 5 stone in weight do NOT attempt the shower seriously you have to be a contortionist to wash and rinse. I actually got trapped by the attempt at a shower curtain which my husband found hilarious and the actual highlight of his trip.

The receptionist obviously skipped charm school and moaned to me about the amount of complaints she had that day to deal with and was not amused that I was adding to it. HOW DARE I eh?

I'm not actually sure whether the constant stench of sewerage was the hotel itself or whether my better half caused some from the endless supply of sprouts forced upon us daily???

This hotel is in the middle of nowhere as others have said there is absolutely nothing to do apart from play darts & volleyball once a day curtesy of the ever trying Peter. Greek night was a joke I had hoped to smash some plates so that we could have something bigger than a saucer to put our meals on basically

There is a major problem with flies and I know this cant be helped but there are measures that can be taken to protect the food. I actually thought one day that they had livened up the peach slices with raisins silly me.

Lastly as has been said before by others we paid for 7 nights and stayed for 6 basically kicked out at 12 midday when transfer wasn't coming till 1 am. Charm school dropout did say for 25 euros could stay there till 6 pm at this point I was ready to cry and just wanted to leave which is quite sad as we don't financially have the opportunity to holiday often.

On a plus note our friends that came with us enjoyed the numerous bugs but then they are strange like that.

Lastly I have been entirely honest and will end with DONT GO HERE

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Nicola G
Reviewed 19 July 2013

I stay in this hotel for a week in July ,the staff was very good and the rooms was clean every day other then Sunday ,the food was so poor it did not look like nice etc , also there charge you 3 euro per night for air con when it's meant to be free in July and August , you are in the middle off know where to walk to the nearest shop is 2 miles ,this hotel is idea if you are a spy also there was power cuts on the whole island off kos about four times ,also there was work men working in the day time so we was woken up from 9 am

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 July 2013

stayed her two nights, that was definitely enough, any longer you would go stir crazy. It is in the middle of nowhere, the bus does stop on the main road, but you have to go into Kos to go anywhere else. There is just a pool. The food was good but unappetising. The room was quite nice, but no plug in the sink meant it was quite foul smelling. All inclusive drinks are limited, and you have to pay for air conditioning. Marmari is a good walk away, and when you get there its just a road of a few shops and a couple of hotels, plus the beach, but you have to pay to go on a sunbed. One large supermarket, again a distance away. The internet connection was good in the hotel, though and the staff were helpful enough. Very noisy at night when people stayed up all night drinking round the pool area. Only one other English couple. If you have children, there is so little for them to do here. I also did not like a cat being allowed in the dining area.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank johill83
Reviewed 16 July 2013 via mobile

To begin with I thought this hotel was fine it in a nice setting surrounded by lovely gardens and little swallows everywhere but all I can say is don't go there if you're an animal lover. On walking to the beach we heard a crying sound coming from a field by hotel and I discovered a box with two newborn kittens inside with two empty bottles of milk by them . Not knowing what to do I took them back to hotel reception and they acted like I'd brought the plague in ! No one cared and all the miserable German tourists just stared at me which they did throughout our stay hotel was full of them ! then the owner grabbed the box off me and marched outside with them . When I asked him what he was going to do he said don't follow him and he was going to dump them ! I said if you do I'll report you he said
I don't care ! I tried phoning animal shelters and couldn't get a reply so heartbroken I had to put them back and couldn't stop thinking about them it was awful and I was tearful all day . After that I had to walk the long way to the beach every day as I couldn't bear to walk that way again . The room was basic more two star and food was strange sometimes , just a mixture of things that was either greasy from oil or floating in water !breakfast was worst meal with fried eggs being stone cold ! Our room had a dirty mark on the wall which looked very unsightly beach was beautiful though but hard to swim as its for water sports so very choppy. I didn't like daytime receptionist she was snotty and rude but young man at night time was very sweet and posted some postcards for me as I didn't know where post box was .There is a nice pool there but we felt uncomftable around that area as it was always full of the unfriendly Germans . There's some nice bars and restaurants around so always somewhere to go at night but I would not stay in this hotel again

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Lilley47
Reviewed 14 July 2013

A last minute budget holiday that we didn't expect wonders from. However, the food was edable on two days terrible the rest in both selection and taste. All inclusive drinks are very limited. The staff were either pleasant or vile! The lady behind reception was particularly rude and unhelpful and we witnessed this on several occasions with other guests as well. This i always find particularly hard to swallow as manners dont cost anything, and were customers!! The room is basic, small but clean, the shower was chipped to bits and tiny, a mission to try and use.this hotel is defiantly not a 4*, more so a 2*. We didn't spend a lot of time at the hotel after the first day, we went to the beach during the day which was lovely, sunbeds are 5 - 6 euros for two for the day and you can order drinks etc, the staff running this were lovely.

• Stayed: July 2013
4  Thank Jsphn110
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marmari
Summer Village Hotel
#13 of 48 in Kos Town
Eurovillage Achilleas Hotel
Eurovillage Achilleas Hotel
#6 of 16 in Mastichari

Been to Roselands Hotel Bungalows? Share your experiences!