“Rong Jiang is the Best in Jieyang, Really? Don't let the exterior and lobby fool you :(”
Review of Rong Jiang Hotel

and 1 more site!
Rong Jiang Hotel
Ranked #6 of 59 Hotels in Jieyang
New York
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Hmm...We happened to be in Jieyang for one night. Local people said it's the best and the only five stars hotel in the area. So I asked my Chinese colleague to book the rooms for us. CNY481 per night with breakfast for two people.

The lobby looks grand and promising. Staff are nice, speaking only Chinese. We booked two non-smoking rooms. Once we got to our floor - the 19th, the smoke odor was overwhelming, too much. If you like to smoke, this is the right hotel for you. If you're not the smoker, stay away from this town or maybe China (I don't see any other hotels that look better than Rong Jiang but I was there for only one night).

The rooms were dated with stinky carpets. One room was fine but the other (next to it) was terrible (my room). I'd say this is a good three stars hotel.

The breakfast wasn't great with limited Western dishes selection. I had toast, butter and eggs.

If you can't speak Chinese (Mandarin and etc), don't bet on that they will be able to communicate with you in English. I was so frustrated at check-out, they couldn't understand English and I can't understand Chinese. I guess it was my bad to stop for a night in Jieyang and stayed at this hotel.

Thanks goodness, we're now in a better hotel, the real five stars in Shantou - The Meritus.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank euro2006

Couples
Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jieyang
Shimao Mingting Hotel
Shantou International Hotel
Donghai Hotel
#8 of 59 in Jieyang
No photo provided

Been to Rong Jiang Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Rong Jiang Hotel

Property: Rong Jiang Hotel
Address: Qishan Avenue, Dongshan District, Jieyang 522000, China
Region: China > Guangdong > Jieyang
Bar / Lounge Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool
Ranked #6 of 59 Hotels in Jieyang
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Odigeo, HRS and Booking.com so you can book your Rong Jiang Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.