Amizette Inn
Best Western Rivers Edge(Red River)(Great Value!)
US$103
US$99
Agoda.com
Laguna Vista Lodge(Eagle Nest)
US$114
US$108
Alpine Village Suites(Taos Ski Valley)
  • Spa
  • Fitness centre
All reviewsb bdining areabed and breakfastlittle riverski areahot tubnew mexicomountain streamski liftsummersnowtaosslopesfireplace
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 December 2012

The Amizette Inn is located 2 miles from the slopes of Taos Ski Valley. There is ample parking available at no cost as well as shuttles - at least that was the case in early December 2012. The Amizette boasts a perfect location along a small, zoozing river. If you keep the windows open at night, the sound of running water lulls you into sleep. The Amizette definitely is a real mountain inn, the room we had was very convenient and good bedding guarantees a fully recovering night's rest. The breakfast was perfect as well. Go with what the market offers, in case not all items on the menu are available. The sauna and the whirlpool were a very nice feature to use at the end of the ski day. The Inn is family operated and Patrick and his crew do a great job.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 September 2012

Amizette Inn delivered beyond our expectations! This charming, 10 room, family-owned, rustic gem is set on a babbling stream set in a stand of aspens. Romantic get-a-way with a quant restaurant serving well done and presented New Mexican breakfast fare prepared by Chef Keith (breakfast included with your room!). They also serve dinner, but we did not sample. The room we stayed in was smallish, but laid out so nicely it didn't matter. The sunken sitting room was a perfect reading nook, with two wing-back chairs overlooking the stream. The headboard of our bed was a window also overlooking the stream and upon rising Steller's Jays were flutter in the aspen outside. The rooms were simply appointed but very comfortable and clean. Our host Jim Walsh and his daughter Linda and nephew Patrick were charming and friendly. We didn't get a chance this trip, but there is sure to be great hiking and of course being in the Taos Ski Valley, skiing in the winter. We are definitely going back.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2012

I would like to start off with the positives. My family & I stayed at the Amizette Inn for one night and day. We really enjoyed our room, the views & the food tasted great. We did have a few problems though. Our room was not ready until 6:00 eventhough we had been told we could check in at 2:00. We then waited over an hour for our food, but like I said it was good. My parents were having a conversation with some other diners while I took my son for a walk, and upon our return I heard our server making fun of them. My dad tried to pay the bill for dinner, but our server couldn't get the credit machine to work, so he told my dad to take care of it in the morning. When my dad tried to do this the next morning our server had no change & he told my dad he needed to pay credit. My dad told him he wanted to pay cash & he commented again saying that he should pay credit. The room was very nice, but our dining experience was questionable.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 September 2012

We stayed one night in Room 10, a multi-level room right with a separate living area and a small sleeping loft in addition to the main bedroom area. It was very nice to have the window open with the sounds of the river below. We enjoyed the New Mexican breakfast very much, and it was enjoyable to watch lots of hummingbirds just outside. The staff was very accommodating and friendly.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2012

We went there for dinner only and were disappointed. We were the only one's in the restaurant which does have a beautiful view but once we received our meals it went downhill. No waitstaff were on sight and we waited for service. One of us ordered a burger with fries. The burger came out missing the cheese. We had to send it back. It was overcooked & the fries were minimal and sad looking at the most. The other dish was missing part of the order and the rice was not cooked. One of us made a comment to the waiter who then was even more disappointing - giving us attitude and not returning to our table until the dinner was over. Afterwards, we were overcharged and had to deal with that. Needless to say, we will not return.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple