Columbine Inn & Conference Center
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Three Bears Lodge(Red River)(Great Value!)
US$71
Best Western Rivers Edge(Red River)(Great Value!)
US$102
BestWestern.com
Ponderosa Lodge(Red River)(Great Value!)
US$80
Laguna Vista Lodge(Eagle Nest)
US$114
US$108
No availability for your dates from our partners
Alpine Village Suites(Taos Ski Valley)
  • Spa
  • Fitness centre
All reviewsski areahot tuba great place to stayfree shuttlehot breakfastgreat optionloft roomsmanaged hoteloutdoor jacuzziwould stay here againski tripshuttle servicelounge areabreakfast was amazingsuper closelove this placeenjoyed our stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 February 2013

DISCLAIMER: This review is for the ladies from another lady's perspective.

Imagine if you were building a hotel in Taos, and you let your husband pick out the finishing touches. This is what I thought about the second we first walked into our King Room.

Let me set the scene for you.

--First, it really is just ONE room. It is filled with a refrigerator, microwave, dresser, tv, desk, night stands and a bed.

--The lighting is absolutely awful. There are 2 areas for light. 1) a big, ugly light bulb or 2) sconces above the bed.

--There are no base boards to finish the ugly, grass green carpet and drywall.

--There are no full length mirrors. Actually there is, but it's in the bathroom and it's fitted horizontally. That's the ONLY mirror in this place.

--The shower head is the CHEAPEST shower head you can get your hands on.

--The shower curtain was a map of the ski runs. Clever!

--Hot, hot water may be hard to come by. Warm is always available.

--There must be NO soundproofing for this hotel because I could practically count the footsteps people were taking just above our room. It is loud!

--Good luck finding parking. There doesn't seem to be enough spaces:guests.

--NO CELL RECEPTION! Nope. No calls. Only wifi that you have to ask the password to.

--Good luck getting someone to take you to the mountain after 9:30am. I was sick and didn't want to go with my family right away so I stayed behind thinking that I could shuttle up a little later. Nope! The receptionist was like...OH WELL! Side note: it's prob a 10 min or less ride. The shuttle van was sitting there unoccupied. I emailed my husband and he had to come get me.

In a nutshell, it's the Motel 8 of Taos. Good enough for a quick shut-eye, but don't for a second expect an inviting atmosphere. We won't be staying here again.

Room Tip: Expect no cell coverage here.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Zara L
columbineinntaos, Owner at Columbine Inn & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate the feedback and suggestions. We would like to apologize for our lodge not meeting your expectations. Our second phase of remodeling will include the king rooms and that is scheduled to be completed this summer. Based on our guest feedback, the remodeled rooms will include upgraded lighting, a full-length mirror, new flooring, baseboards, and other suggested upgrades.

Due to our scenic, mountain location, cell service can be limited throughout the area for certain providers. We are happy to assist our guests in finding the specific areas that provide the best service for their provider.

Our shuttle service is advertised as a scheduled service and we ask that you please notify us if you were told different. We apologize for not being able to shuttle you mid-day, but your request was after our shuttle driver had left for the day. With advanced notice, we can normally accommodate special times.

We appreciate your business and again, we apologize for not meeting your expectations. We hope you will reconsider a return visit. Paul & Susie Geilenfeldt

Reviewed 17 February 2013

I picked this place due to the excellent reviews on Tripadvisor and we weren't disappointed. The room was quite large, with cozy furnishings, and extremely clean. We enjoyed making s'mores at the outdoor fireplace (they provide the supplies). The daily breakfast was served in a nice building on the property with plenty of variety of delicious items to choose from. The coffee was especially good, we thought. The free shuttle to the ski resort was appreciated. I would highly recommend this family-owned hotel to those spending time in Taos Ski Valley.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 December 2012

I have been to Taos Ski Valley many times in the past 38 years and I have stayed at many of the properties in Taos and in Taos Ski Valley. For the past few years, I have made the Columbine Inn the place that I stay. The owners take great pride in the property and it shows. If you want to stay at a place that is nice, clean, with hands-on owners, in a great location--then this is the place. I consider myself a clean freak and this is a very clean property. These owners do a great job of trying to make your vacation special by going above and beyond. Needless to say, I highly recommend the Columbine Inn!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Matt1217
columbineinntaos, Owner at Columbine Inn & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2013

Thank you for your kind words. We look forward to seeing our repeat guests each year and appreciate your business. Paul & Susie Geilenfeldt

Reviewed 21 September 2012

Stayed in the off-season between Summer and ski season. Occupancy was light on our visit. Found hosts to be accomodating, informative and quite friendly. Property has all you need--hot tub, fireplace, meeting room with big screen tv. Has shuttle to the ski area when in season. Great location with beautiful views. Rooms are large and clean. Morning breakfast had good variety for any appetite. A great value hard to beat.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Debobs

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It was a pleasure to meet you. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you in the future. Paul & Susie Geilenfeldt

Reviewed 22 July 2012

We had a great time at the Columbine Inn! Great place to take the family! Awesome rooms and very friendly staff. I will definitely be bring my family back!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family