“Great place to stay in Taos Ski Valley”

Columbine Inn & Conference Center
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 9 July 2014

The hotel isn't located in the "real" Taos Ski Valley. Its a bit lower but totally worth to think about if you are going to spend some time in this area. I was a walk-in when I headed for Wheeler peak. I arrived around 5pm and the office was closed at the time but when I was going to call them an employee showed up and helped me immediately. I got a big loft room at the second floor. It had a fridge, a microwave, TV, two bedrooms and a nice bath. Everything was tidy and clean. I enjoyed the hot tube which is outside on the second floor. It was just amazing sitting in hot water and having the mountains and trees in sight. The breakfast was rich, delicious and served on real dinnerware. If I return to Taos Ski Valley I would choose the Columbine again.

Room Tip: Got a nice big room at the second floor with two bedrooms. I'm not sure about the ones the first...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Prinzesschen

Reviewed 18 April 2014

Let me start with the best part first. The owners! Paul and Susie take a very personal interest in their guests. If something isn't right they will bend over backwards to make it so. The Inn is located in the quaint little village of Taos Ski Valley. The village is about 9200 feet above sea level. The actual Ski Resort is a couple of miles on up the mountain, and I would estimate it to be another 500 feet or so higher. The rooms are spacious and the upstairs rooms are made with a cathedral ceiling and a loft. The loft ladder may be a little steep for young children. Extra care should be exercized, of course. The Breakfast is delicious, hot and attractively served. This was our third stay and we wouldn't even think of staying anywhere else in Taos Ski valley!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jerry B
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Recently stayed at Columbine Inn with the family and LOVED it! We had two rooms next door to each other. The rooms are spacious, bright, clean and comfortable. They include a microwave and fridge. The upstairs "lobby" with tv feels like home. The breakfast each morning was delicious. The owners of this property obviously care about their guests. Can't wait to return!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank legt5
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We booked the Columbine Inn at the last minute for a quick ski trip. We booked the loft room and our daughter thought it was the best thing! The room was clean and tidy and all of the staff was extremely nice. The breakfast was served each morning and was not the same thing every day, it was a nice variety. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank donnajo1
Reviewed 23 February 2014

We really enjoyed staying here. Everyone was so friendly and ready to help in anyway we needed. They really accommodated us and we had a great free hot breakfast in the morning. Everything is clean and comfortable and so close to the Skiing! I left my jacket behind when we checked out. Before I noticed it was missing the owners contacted me and then mailed it back to my home! This is a great place to stay!!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Diane D
Reviewed 13 February 2014

My husband and I stayed here during great ski weather (i.e. while it was actively snowing). Paul (co-owner) personally shuttled us to and from the ski area. This place is perfect for couples. Nice outdoor hot tub on the roof. Delicious hot cooked breakfast every morning at 7:30 AM. Our room was equipped with USB charging ports which really came in handy. Our 1st floor king room was updated, modern and clean. The other guests were very quiet, and the inn does have posted quiet hours.

FYI: As of the writing of this review, there is limited AT&T & Verizon cellular service (except for the base of Taos Ski Valley) in the Taos area in general. Columbine Inn provides EXCELLENT Wi-Fi coverage in the rooms so we connected through Wi-Fi.

We would definitely stay here again! Thank you!

Room Tip: Go for the king size bed!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Caroline D
columbineinntaos, Owner at Columbine Inn & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. A top request from our guests is more outlets and USP ports so we have been working to upgrade the rooms to include them. Cellular service is also a top request and we are working with the city and Verizon to upgrade the service for the entire village. We hope to have increased cellular coverage by this summer. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to your future visit. Paul & Susie Geilenfeldt

Reviewed 27 January 2014

The best part of our stay was the rooms...so clean and tidy. Housekeeping did a great job, and they were extremely nice.
Breakfast is served in a separate building, and the atmosphere was nice.
My only suggestion for the management/ownership is to turn the temperature up on the hot tub. It was like warm bath water.
A word of advice to those who stay in Ski Valley...the tax rate is 13%.

Room Tip: Our room had a loft, which my son loved. He's 10, but I wouldn't recommend the loft room for...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Acummings3

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We apologize if the temperature in the hot tub did not seem hot enough. The thermostat is set to the state regulations of 102 – 104, but on cold nights it may drop below the set temperature. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to your future visit. Paul & Susie Geilenfeldt

Also consider these accommodations in or near Taos Ski Valley
The Historic Taos Inn
Best Western Rivers Edge
Best Western Rivers Edge
#1 of 9 in Red River

Been to Columbine Inn & Conference Center? Share your experiences!