“Good Food, Okay Service ”

Tim's Stray Dog Cantina
Price range: US$0 - US$10
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

The food at Tim's is very good and I would have given the restaurant a very good rating if the service was better. In the morning it seems a lot of the servers are more interested talking to their friends than paying attention to the tourists in town to ski. So if you go in there know it will take a while to get your food or drinks but when they do show up it will be good.

1  Thank Mchavez78

Reviewed 10 June 2014

We always stop here - the staff is great the food is good! Try the green chili - it's a must have. Have a margarita on the patio if it's summer time - the view up the mountain is beautiful!

Reviewed 27 May 2014

First of all, KUDOS to Tim's Stray Dog for being the only food establishment in TSV open with extended hours during our Memorial weekend visit. The guys were friendly and very accomodating.

We ate lunch and dinner there several times. The food was all good but we especially loved their Green & Blue Salad w/chicken and raspberry vinigarette and the chicken quesadillas. Casual atmosphere with a small but nice deck.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Wandered into this place after hiking around the area. Excellent Margaritas. My chicken tacos were delicious. The stand out was my husbands Huevos Rancheros. Dang. I wish I had ordered that. Now we have to make a return trip to Taos Ski Valley just so I can have my own plate. We tried Huevos Rancheros everywhere else we visited in Taos and Santa Fe... but we loved Tim's. They had so much flavor.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

We had the fajita's every time. Really like the waiters. More of a party place. Just steps from our room. The have breakfast as well.