“We Love Austing Haus”
Review of Austing Haus B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Taos Ski Valley
Austing Haus B&B
Reviewed 30 December 2010

First visit during mid nineties during summer. Have returned since.
Austing Haus is the absolutely most wonderful Inn/Hotel. It is our
worldwide favorite. The ambience is so warm, the staff so helpful,
the surroundings so lovely, the mountain filled with beauty and excitement,
I cannot imagine staying anywhere else...not in a (ugh) motel or in the hustle
of the mountain. This is so peaceful and romantic and so perfect. Thank you
for wonderful memories to last a lifetime. Henry

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Austing Haus B&B

Reviewed 9 December 2010

The people at The Austing Haus were Great to us, we stayed 3 nights during Thanksgiving and they went out of their way to make our stay pleasant. Have recommended the Austing Haus to all my friends. will be making a return visit very soon!!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 March 2010

This Alpine-style lodge is a comfortable and convenient base for skiers or summer hikers going up the valley. The staff was friendly and helpful and made our stay a pleasant one. The rooms are arranged along parking like a motel, but the construction is of rustic beams, finished with modern bathrooms, cozy beds, and a communal hot tub. The kids loved the private loft above the main room and we had some privacy down below. Considering the age of the place, it was surprisingly quiet, and I am a person who is easily disturbed by noise. Free breakfast is served in an elevated room that used to be a restaurant complete with a fireplace perched above the entryway. There is a choice of cereals, pastries, meat and scrambled eggs, plus a commercial waffle maker.

The best part of our trip was when our children were stranded at the resort by a sudden heavy snow and we couldn't make the 1.5-mile trip by car. The owner drove me up there in his 4WD, waited with the engine running for me to find the kids, and delivered us all safely back to the lodge in whiteout conditions. What luxury hotel in the world would do that?

NOTE: Austing Haus is located very close to the resort, among the first cluster of lodging that it not literally walk-out at the resort itself. Google Maps shows it as being in town, but that would be 18 miles away!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
joecoolnv, Assistant Manager at Austing Haus B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2010

Thank you for reviewing the Austing Haus in the Taos Ski Valley. We were happy to drive you to the ski slopes (1.5 miles from the lodge) in order to pick up your children during that huge snowstorm.

We hope to see you again at the Austing Haus!!! Thank you again.

Reviewed 21 March 2010

I have stayed in many hotels in the Taos area over the last 10 years, but this was by far my favorite. Very quiet and quaint hotel, very near the taos ski area which made it very convenient. Rooms very cozy and clean, with a beautiful view of the mountains. What makes this hotel stand out is the service. Gabriel, the manager, was extremely attentive to the small numbers of guests at the hotel and made us feel totally at home, as if we were the only guests there. This was during a very busy spring break time and the hotel was busy, but it's very small and able to take care of every guest. After an all day snow storm on friday and that evening, the hotel management was up very early CLEANING OFF THE WINDOWS OF EVERY CAR IN THE PARKING LOT! I've never seen more personal service in Taos. Plus, the parking lot was completely scraped off for easy access in and out of the lot, after 12" of snow during the night. This is a great hotel!!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank macko-texas
joecoolnv, Assistant Manager at Austing Haus B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2010

Thank you for taking the time to review our bed n breakfast! It was our pleasure to provide the most personalized service possible.

We look forward to having you as our guests in the future.

Again, thank you for staying with us at the Austing Haus!!!

Reviewed 9 March 2010

Hospitality, Close to Mt, Shuttle service is always there when you need a ride.
Bathrooms need to be updated(more lighting,etc.) but this Bed and Breakfast has the charm of
60's in New Hampshire. Employees couldn't be more helpful. Actual breakfast is adequate and they make your eggs anyway you choose.
We were totally satisfied for the value.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stephen K

Thank you for reviewing the Austing Haus! It was our pleasure to have you as our guests. We take pride in our commitment to excellent customer service.

Your honest recommendations will be taken into consideration and we hope to see you next ski season!

Joe Sacco, Assistant Manager

Reviewed 13 February 2010

I have been to Taos many times but never stayed up near the sloaps before. Its always been to expensive. I usually stay in some two star hotel in town for under sixty bucks. But Austing Haus's off peak special was $85 a night for two people, two beds and a real breakfast. That is a great deal. Can't believe that only five other rooms were occupied the two nights we were there. We used the hot tub Saturday evening after getting off the slopes, it was a great way to relax before driving into to town for supper. The room had a fireplace, two queen beds (one was in the loft) and plenty of hot water for showering. I recommend staying here and will always call them first when going to Taos.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank CustersDoctor
joecoolnv, Assistant Manager at Austing Haus B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2010

Thank you for taking the time to review the Austing Haus! We have new management and a new owner as of 2010. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to serving you as our guests in the future!

Reviewed 16 January 2010

I attempted to make an online reservation six weeks out. When I clicked enter, their system showed an error. Because I was considering other ski areas, I assumed (my fault) that a reservation had not been made. Upon checking my "spam" mailbox inside of their 21 day cancellation policy, I discovered the reservation had gone through. I contacted them immediately and they refused to return my deposit. Policies are policies, but customer service is what keeps me coming back. This is my first, and last, dealings with this establishment.

Stayed: January 2010, travelled solo
Alpine Lodge & Hotel
#4 of 8 in Red River
The Historic Taos Inn
Columbine Inn & Conference Center
Columbine Inn & Conference Cente...
#2 of 6 in Taos Ski Valley
Amizette Inn
Amizette Inn
#5 of 6 in Taos Ski Valley

Been to Austing Haus B&B? Share your experiences!