Hotel St Bernard
Best Western Rivers Edge(Red River)(Great Value!)
US$102
BestWestern.com
Ponderosa Lodge(Red River)(Great Value!)
US$80
Laguna Vista Lodge(Eagle Nest)
US$114
US$108
Alpine Village Suites(Taos Ski Valley)
  • Spa
No availability for your dates from our partners
TripAdvisor
  • Fitness centre
All reviewsyear after yearburgerski schoolsunny daythree meals a dayeuropean charmdining room issun deckold worldduckhotel locationfrench cookinga special placethe entire weeksauerkrautnew mexicoeach morning
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 September 2012

It begins in a high mountain valley in Northern New Mexico were true skiers are born. I was born into the St. B family, my parents meet here and married. Now, after 20 years of employment I am one of their great chefs. I remember as a small boy warming by the open fire in the center dinning room, Jean Mayer would come put his hand on my head and ask if I enjoyed the day of skiing? My experience is, a magic mountain a charming, warm, and welcoming St. Bernard Hotel, one can stay for a week or a life time!

Room Tip: rooms 1-10and 28 good for night owls. rooms 11-27 romantic or good for familys
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Chris W
Reviewed 12 September 2012

My first visit to Taos and the St. B was when I was 21. I went out with some family who have been going there for over 30 years. As if a ski up hotel was not enough, they truly make you feel like family. Casual and welcoming you feel like St. B is your home for a week. First class dining, wonderful rooms, and great staff. Everyone in town knows Jean ( Proprietor of the St. B) and saying that your staying at the St. B for the week is received with an envious " ohhh".

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Justin K
Reviewed 12 September 2012

If you don't visit the Saint Bernard you will have missed one of the greatest experiences this planet has to offer. I'm honored to consider myself a frequent guest of the Saint Bernard Family. The family style dinners are incomparable; ...the apre ski entertainments (hot-tub, music, bar) are divine; ...the fireplace is simply the best place on earth to warm up with a Hot Chocolate spike with Baileys Irish Cream.

Room Tip: The A frames are classic; ...as is the annex next to Strawberry Hill; ...or for an exclusive priviledge - rent one of the prestigious Saint Bernard Condominiums for a week - including the meals and ski lessons package.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank James S
Reviewed 10 June 2012

My parents have been going to the St. B since the 70's and now my family goes as well. We make it from SC to Taos about every other year. (We alternate between the St. B and Beaver Creek or Big Sky where friends have accommodations.) The food is fabulous. The staff first rate. The hotel is the center of the ski valley, truly ski in and out.

There is no better ski school! My kids are 14 and 11. The hotel is perfect for them...super safe, band at night appropriate for families. Low tech...foosball in the bar! We always meet some cool people...

Highly recommend The St. Bernard!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank koeastin
Reviewed 24 March 2012

The St Bernard Hotel is a Taos institution. You could not find a more convenient location to hit the ski slopes. Founded almost at the same time as the ski resort itself, by an indefatigable French skier and hotelier, the formula has worked its magic for 50 + years. The hotel operates on a popular ski week deal. which includes room, board with generously portioned dinners, lift pass, and 1/2 day ski school. Meals are served family style and the ambiance is very cosy. Jean Mayer, the owner, makes the tour of each and every table to ensure that every guest feels personally welcomed. Most nights there was live entertainment in the bar after dinner.

Lunches on the sunny terrace at the foot of Al's Run are a popular gathering spot. The outdoor grill serves up hamburgers with all the trimmings, as well as fish and vegetarian options, and the bar has a great stock of local beers. It's a great place to eat, meet and greet, and watch the action and at $8.00 is a ski resort bargain.

While many families return year after year to stay in the hotel - our last night one man raised a toast to his 40th visit! -I can't comment on its facilities as we stayed in the newer condominiums just up the hill. Our condo was very spacious, well equipped and with plenty of heat and hot water and it made a great place for a group of friends to hang out, play cards, have a fire and listen to music, yet we could still enjoy the benefits of the hotel dinners and ski week package.

A few caveats though - Taos is at high altitude and even the short walk from hotel to condo was a noticeable effort for someone newly arrived. The pathways were also very dark and very slippery. The dinners were almost too generous in their portions, and we found the set dinner time of 6.30 too early for us.

If you are looking for good value for money, old fashioned hospitality and charm, and some fantastic skiing, this is the place to come.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends