“Disappointing”

Airport Suites Hotel
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Piarco
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Booked through Expedia.ca. Upon check in we were informed hotel was overbooked. Our reservation and confirmation was for a room with a king bed but when we checked in only a double bed room was available. We felt room was in need of a major (very major) renovation. It was the last room available so we had no choice but to take it as it was the night before the carnival started and all hotels were booked. Housekeeping did a good job considering the condition of the room. Lesson learned, in the future I will call the hotel directly to ensure we actually have a reservation. Thank goodness It was only a one night reservation due to an early morning flight. One of life's experiences I hope never to repeat.

Room Tip: Make reservations with the hotel directly.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Brenda M
TobagoRobbin, Guest Relations Manager at Airport Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

We humbly apologize for the inconvenience caused to you during this period. The hotel had set restrictions for the hotel for the carnival period and an error occurred between the website and the hotel's system and this is what caused the overbooking situation. Again, we apologize for the dismay caused to you and hope that we can see you in the near future to welcome you once again and make your experience one that is more positive.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

I have been coming to T&T for five years. As a general proposition, service, in any sector, is not a high priority there. This is the best run business I have seen on the island. Stayed overnight on 3/18 and 3/22. The good - free shuttle that will arrive within 10 minutes of a call from the T&T Airport travel desk located at the exit from customs (or ask any Trini, they are nice folks who will let you borrow a cell phone); shuttle is ready to take you to the airport within minutes of you being ready to go. Free, FAST for T&T, WiFi. The pool area is really nice. The reception folks are really helpful, the food is good. The property is secure in a neighborhood close to the airport. The Bad, the rooms are OK. Dated, not fancy - but clean. You must evaluate the place in context. If you are looking for a stayover hotel (not a resort room) this is a terrific spot. I will be going back for my future stayovers.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank SkiKat
TobagoRobbin, Front Office Manager at Airport Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

We are always delighted ti get feedback from our loyal guests. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and it is always our pleasure to serve our guests to the fullest. We thank you for your kind words and we look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

The hotel is an older hotel and shows signs of aging, but the staff was very nice and helpful and friendly. The room was clean and they have free Wi fi. They have a shuttle service that will take you just about anywhere you want to go. It has a restaurant on the premises and free coffee. The pool was nice and clean. The desk clerked carried our luggage up the stairs and was very friendly and helpful our entire say. The air conditioner was loud, but it did not bother me. We had come for Carnival and we had a really good time at this hotel and plan on going to Carnival next year and plan on staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Carnival2014
TobagoRobbin, Office Supervisor at Airport Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Dear Guest,

We are pleased to know that our services was appreciated by you and we look forward to welcoming you in the future and providing you with our kind services once again.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

This hotel is near the airport reasonably price clean and safe will recommed for lay overs wifi service and small resturant shuttle is included in rate and staff was friendly. As for the negative reviews I did not experience any of those its not five star hotel so if you are expecting this you can stay at a brand name hotel in port of spain

• Stayed: March 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

We thank you for taking time to give us a review and it was our pleasure serving you to the fullest. We look forward to doing so again in the near future!

Reviewed 3 March 2014

I do not think that this is two star hotel. It should be a one star. Other than a bed there is no other convenience. I originally had a nine hour layover which ended up being a four hour layover. This hotel is painted in a bright color that you wouldn't think it is a hotel and it is located in an out of the way part of the neighborhood that looked a little scary to me. Didn't know that I had to call for the shuttle so I waited for about an hour and since I did not have a local phone and there are no public kiosk I could not call the hotel. So I took a taxi and sat terrified in the taxi as the streets appeared more and more scary. The receptionist was emotionless and appeared tired. I had already prepaid so he didn't care about customer service at that time of the morning.
I was given a second floor room and there were no elevators so I had to lug my own suitcases about 20 fights of stairs up and down when I was leaving. the receptionist offered to help with one of my suitcases but since he was the person on duty I had to bring them down in the morning by myself. Also I had to go downstairs to get an iron that leaked all over my clothes.
The room smelled moldy and the plumming in the bathroom under the sink was crude and exposed. The shower stall was in need of cleaning. The clock was set at the wrong time and I tried to set it but it was an antique and won't cooperate. The air condition unit was loud and humming. And I paid $137 to just stay awake for 4 hours because the place appeared creepy and there was nothing to eat at the time of the morning at 2am when I checked in.

Room Tip: if you have to use this hotel call ahead and ask for the shuttle to come at a specific time. Ask for...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Great friendly staff. Free shuttle from and to airport just 5 mins away. 24 hr tea and coffee in the dining room plus cold water also free. Whole place was very clean. Good free Wi fi in the bedrooms. For my overnight stay and day room also it was great value and I would recommend anyone to stay here.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank anne p

Dear Valued Guest,

We are pleased to know that our establishment met your needs and it is always our pleasure serving our guests. We thank you for your review and hope that we will be welcoming you in the future.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL to anyone who has any kind of standards for a decent hotel stay. The only positive is that it is close to the airport. The layout is very inconvenient , as you have to walk past your room and through the front door to get to your room. They have a ridiculous key policy in which they deactivate your key every 12 hours so you have to visit the front desk to get into your room. They don't tell you about that. When I asked they claimed it's in case your key is stolen, however, I think it's so that they can monitor your guests. Also, any guest that you have visiting whether just for a few minutes or staying in your room over night must pay an additional fee. Otherwise your guest must remain in the lobby. Also, when I stayed it was very noisy, and the staff did absolutely to stop other guests from repeatedly slamming doors at 2 am.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
TobagoRobbin, Manager at Airport Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2014

Dear Valued Guest
We apologize that your stay at Airport Suites did not meet your expectations. We are fully focused on ensuring complete guest satisfaction. Our hotel utilizes a magnetic card door lock system which is activated for the duration of your stay and not for a twelve hour period as you have outlined. However if this card is placed near to electronic devices it may deactivate. Our rates are based per person therefore there is an addition fee if you have visitors overnighting.

Management

Also consider these accommodations in or near Piarco
D' Coconut Cove Holiday Beach Resort
#1 of 21 in Port of Spain
Radisson Hotel Trinidad
Radisson Hotel Trinidad
#5 of 21 in Port of Spain

Been to Airport Suites Hotel? Share your experiences!