Hotels.com
Explorer36126258873

Disgusting Property

Review of Piarco Palace
1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 31 May 2023
Upon Arrival at this property the WIFI was not working due to weather. The pregnant staff at the front told us there is nothing she can due, which was fine. However, a couple hours after I asked for wash cloths to take a shower her response to me was " there is none, housekeeping is not here today". I said to this young lady how is this possible, we can only get wash clothes if housekeeping is in? she shrugs her shoulders and walked off. The next morning, we are supposed to receive a continental breakfast, that same front desk agent knocked on the door at about 8am in the morning and handed me 2 plates. In the plates were salt fish and bread. So, I ask her what was " that's the breakfast". I said to her I would like to order some pancakes because you told us yesterday when we arrived, we can order it in the morning. She responded to me be saying " the chef is not in until 1pm this afternoon". This hotel is disgust, and the service is terrible and management hides and do address any issues. Everything this hotel says they offer is a lie, there is no continental breakfast and no washcloth. And they serve you stale breakfast, and all the workers no nothing. When I finally got a hold of the manager Nurisha, instead of her being apologetic she started screaming at me saying " that she believes the lies the staff told her, and basically my opinion doesn't matter". So, I told her if this is the response, I am getting I will be disconnecting this phone call. So I went in the room and called expedia to let them know the type of service that I received from this place. My flight leaves in a couple of hours I have nowhere to go, I am in a foreign country and because expedia notified management, they deactivated our keys and because wanted to put us out on the street. I am saying to these people are you crazy we are two females in a country, and you are just going to put us out because we spoke up about this disgusting service. I will never ever in my life go back to THIS PLACE. The Indian pregnant girl at the front desk is a liar and Shes disgusting. I requested rags on the second day as well and she told me there wasn't any. Then 20 min later she just shows up with this green rag from nowhere. So, I asked her where you got this from, this rag looked like it was from the kitchen. She said " this is all we have", I just could not believe this at all from this property. I will never recommend anyone to stay here, everything is false advertisement. And the management is disgusting and treat you terrible.
Date of stay: May 2023
Trip type: Travelled with friends
    £113
0.1 miles from Piarco Palace
Free parking
room decorated for special celebration
0.3 miles from Piarco Palace