“Excellent in all areas” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Regent Star Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Regent Star Hotel
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Piarco
Trinidad
“Excellent in all areas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013

Amidst the exterior paint color of the building, inside is very classy and i would definitely rate it as a 5-star hotel. The lobby area is large, well-decorated and lighted. Floors and restrooms are clean. The meals are great and the dining area spacious. You must try this gem of a place.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ruelito

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Port of Spain, Trinidad
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2013

I went to a graduation ball there in July. Was very nice there. Really beautiful interior designs.Excellent location too.My students enjoyed Their graduation dinner and dance.When you got there you felt like you were in another place.So much to see and look at when you got inside. Simply breath taking. I hope to go there again soon. I've developed a nice relationship with the staff.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank LisaGeorgeWallace
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2013 via mobile

First of all the hotel is unfinished. Work is still being done and I believe at the end of it all it'll be a remarkable place to stay at. The staff is very courteous and friendly. Upon my arrival it took me quite a while to get a room. I received my electronic key card for my room and my room couldn't be opened. Definitely not efficient service. I waited approximately half hour for this situation to be rectified and to be allocated to another room. The room was very spacious and had all amenities I expected. It was tastefully designed with modern fixtures and fittings. It was worth its value. The customer service could greatly be improved though.

• Stayed June 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Regent Star H, General Manager at Regent Star Hotel, responded to this review, 5 July 2013
Thank you for making the Regent Star the ultimate hotel of choice for your stay while in Trinidad. It was definitely our pleasure serving you!
On behalf of the Management & Associates of Regent Star Hotel we do apologize for all the inconvenience caused by the delay with the room key; however we are happy to report that the glitch with the computerized system was rectified. We appreciate the feedback and do assure you on your next visit you will be pleasantly surprised.
Relax, Work, Eat as we are Only a Moment to Your Flight!
Port of Spain, Trinidad
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

The Hotel is still not totally completed from what I see, however the food was good, the portions could have been more though for the price, and the Female Bartender was great at mixing up the drinks. The room was small but comfortable. The pool and other features are still being worked on.

Room Tip: The rooms on the ground floor are small
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank jsalfredtt
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2013

Hotel refused to accept American Express travellor's cheque.Desk clerk stated "we only take money.If you don't have that,you could use a credit card" she suppoedly phoned some-one to see if they would take travellors cheque then said it is not possible.She then took my credit card to another room to "make a copy" I had no choice-----it was that or leave the hotel .I asked for a charger for my cell phone because I had been reassured when I made the reservation,that it was available and no problem.However this desk clerk informed me that the othe person didn't know what they were talking about.She offered to keep my cell phone and give it back when I was leaving.Only an idiot would do that.I asked for the name of the general manager of the hotel and was told they don't have one.I asked who owned the hotel and was told they are not allowed to divulge that information. I have advised all the Tobago travellors that I know to avoid this insulting place.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank tobagofuncow
Regent Star H, Manager at Regent Star Hotel, responded to this review, 26 April 2013
Thank you for making the Regent Star Hotel the ultimate hotel of choice during your visit to Trinidad. I am terribly sorry you are not happy with some of the service you received.

I would like to take this opportunity to give an update on some of the challenges you encountered. With regards to the payment, we are currently finalizing the verification procedures which will allow us to accept Travellers Cheque.

Our Front Office Representative left the desk to copy your ID which is our usual procedure. We can assure you that your credit card was not copied. It is also usual hotel policy that all cell phones once the charging service is needed will be left at the Charging Station located at the Front Desk for a few hours until charge has been restored. It is customary that the chargers are not removed from the Front Desk since other guests may need to use them.

The Regent Star hotel is owned by a Board of Directors and the all departmental managers report to our Operations Director. We do hope despite your challenges, d you are willing to give us another chance, upon your next visit.

If there is anything additional we can do to assist please do not hesitate to contact me as I look forward to working with you in the near future.
Green Cove Springs, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2013

the big difference is you can walk from the terminal to the hotel and arrive in a new, nice and well managed hotel. Prices are in line with the prices of POS. At the date of our visit (April 4th) the hotel still needs some completion and there are few works in progress, but that is not a big trouble for the guests. Good service and good food

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Regent Star H, Sales & Marketing at Regent Star Hotel, responded to this review, 10 April 2013
Thank you for making the Regent Star your ultimate hotel of choice for your visit to Trinidad. We do appreciate your feedback. On your next visit feel free to let us arrange a complimentary shuttle service to and from the airport for you!\
Have a fantastic day.
Georgetown,Guyana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2013

It certainly is a relief to finally have a decent place to stay near to Piarco airport. It is brand new with great facilities and stylishly designed. My problem was that it was extremely difficult to get a reservation. I don't know whether this has now been fixed but when I tried to book a room a few weeks ago, there was no online reservation system, the email address on the website was not responded to and it took me several long distance calls to finally get the booking. The room was ok but then I noticed that those on the upper floors had balconies while mine, on the ground floor, did not. I only stayed there for one day, not overnight, so my assessment of the place is a bit limited. Anyway, having stayed at other airport hotels nearby, this one would have to be rated the best.

Room Tip: If you need a balcony, ask for it. The ground floor rooms only have tiny windows.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Nigel_Durrant
Regent Star H, Manager at Regent Star Hotel, responded to this review, 18 March 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We would like to thank you for staying with us and also for writing a review on our property. We do apologize for the difficulty you faced in trying to make a reservation. However our website will be up and running shortly and this matter will be resolved.

I do hope we have the privilege of having you as one of our valued guests in the future.

Regards,
Management team of Regent Star Hotel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Piarco
Hyatt Regency Trinidad
#5 of 21 in Port of Spain
Radisson Hotel Trinidad
Radisson Hotel Trinidad
#6 of 21 in Port of Spain

Been to Regent Star Hotel? Share your experiences!