“Ok for one or two nights.”
Review of Regent Star Hotel

Regent Star Hotel
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Piarco
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Work put me up here for two weeks because it was close to the airport, where I was working.
Unfortunately the hotel is unfinished and has nothing to do nearby so I quickly changed to a Port of Spain hotel and rented a car.
If you are simply transferring between flights the Regent Star is passable, if you intend to stay longer I definitely recommend hotels in PoS itself.

• Stayed: March 2014

Reviewed 2 March 2014

Just checked out this morning, stayed for 2 nights on Business.

The hotel is fairly new, nice and modern, large rooms, and plenty of space (if not too much space) around the hotel.

The room (#240) was a good size. the hotel offers free Wi-Fi, the bathroom is also a good size and modern. - the only downside to the bathroom was the hot water heater, there is a note in the bathroom from management apologizing for the inconvenience, but I think this has been like this for a few weeks as there's a switch you have to flick prior to turning the water on to heat up the water. - I doubt all other bathrooms are like this, but try and avoid room #240 if possible. The bed was comfortable with flat screen tv with a select few channels. In room fridge, nothing provided, just the fried is there, should you need.

As I was staying there for business, meals were taken care of by work, but from the pricing from the menu and what you got, I feel they were charging slightly over the top for the portion you got.

Breakfast was good, a decent variety on offer, lunch offers sandwiches, burgers etc. and Dinner a few more pricier items. Lamb @ $320 TT$ ($55 US$) - a little pricy even by some North American restaurants.

Overall, I would be happy to stay here for a stopover again, and for location it is ideal. A free shuttle is offered by the hotel to the mall and airport. The ladies on the check-in desk were helpful and friendly. - I would recommend this, if you are looking for a hotel as close as possible to the airport.

Room Tip: Don't stay in room #240.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Matt_Jens_Journeys
Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

Hotel ambience is very good. The staff is very friendly. It has the feel of "South Trinidad ". The location is very convenient as it is located a stone's throw from the sole airport. What's nice is that management is interacts with customers to ensure their satisfaction. Keep up the good work. I'll definitely be back.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Stayed her en-route from Guyana to London as we had an 8 hour stop over and there was no way that was going to work with an 11 month old. Got a taxi to the hotel, yes you could walk but not in that heat and I'm not sure there were pavements the whole way.

The location isn't great but hey, you're not paying for the views. On entering the hotel It was modern and clean, a little unfinished in places, but hardly noticeable.

Welcoming smiles and a pleasant personality from the receptionist whose name I can't remember were appreciated. She told us that we could have taken the free shuttle bus rather than the taxi whose price seemed to change from asking at the airport to getting to the hotel. We explained that we were in transit and although I'd booked the room on-line the night before, it didn't give me the option for early (midday as opposed to 2pm) check in. I had my credit card out to pay for the early check in, but the receptionist waived this. I then asked for a quiet room with a balcony. She said this would be extra but again this would be waived.She even gave us a couple of bottles of ice cold water to put in the fridge should we need them.

The room itself was spotlessly clean, comfortable and well equipped. The balcony was small but as there wasn't much of a view (the airport) it didn't matter. The only complaint and you blame it on a very tired mother, was that I couldn't figure out how to have a hot shower!

We had a meal in the hotel which wasn't that great but did the job. My husband opted for mutton curry which was surprisingly, quite a small portion and seemed to contain nothing but bones. while I had the ribs which were ok. Could have had a better feed at the airport.

We took the shuttle back to the airport which was clean and air conditioned and well driven.

I'd recommend this hotel for anyone in transit and would definitely stay there again if I were in the same situation. Not knowing it's proximity to other attractions, I'm not well placed to comment on that.

10/10 for te! reception staff

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

I went to this hotel on valentines night I must say the ambience the staff the whole experience was beyond my expectation. I will definitely be back soon and I will definitely recommend anyone to spend time here it's definitely value for your money . I have to add also the close proximity to the airport is a plus if ur like me and like to eat at 3 in the morning . Thanks guys for making my night

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ren_lan0
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Potential to be a good hotel but horribly miss managed.....it appears in disrepair but in fact it is new...they just ran out of many to finish the details.

Expecting a business friendly hotel by the airport but it seems the manager has no concept of the hospitality industry or the business client. Hotel is a ghost town, food is TERRIBLE and the manager who I spoke to is 100% clueless on how to create a positive guest experience.
If you can get a room for 20% less elsewhere, you will have far better value for your money

Room Tip: the better rooms are on another property....not here
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Bren S
Regent Star H, Manager at Regent Star Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Thank you for making Regent Star your hotel of choice during your stay. It was our pleasure serving you. We apologize if your experience was not meet your expectation.

The Assistant Duty Manager you interacted with upon arrival, could not agree to your request to check in to the hotel seven hours early without an additional cost. However, it was agreed to keep your luggage secured privately for the day and you left for your meeting happy and satisfied. You dined at our restaurant very late by which time most of our guests, being business travelers, had retired to their rooms to do work using our complimentary Wifi.
The meal you had in our restaurant was not to your liking. We promptly prepared another one for you which was discounted. Our apology if the meal was not to your satisfaction.

Our management team gives all our priority to extending quality customer service to all our guests and satisfaction is our daily mission. We do appreciate your feedback. We trust that you will allow us the opportunity to extend further customer service to you should you wish to return to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 30 January 2014

This is a big modern hotel with several unfinished parts (eg. the lifts!). Staff were helpful and friendly. Room was clean, well equipped but soulless. Very close to the airport and there is a free 24 hour shuttle service. The wake-up call and the porter's arrival at our door were exactly at the very early times we'd requested.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jeremy138
Also consider these accommodations in or near Piarco
Hyatt Regency Trinidad
Radisson Hotel Trinidad
#5 of 21 in Port of Spain
Hilton Trinidad & Conference Centre
Courtyard by Marriott Port of Spain

Been to Regent Star Hotel? Share your experiences!