“Reliable pickup/dropoff and close to airport”
Review of Airport Inn

Airport Inn
Ranked #3 of 7 Piarco B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 September 2012

I stayed with Sita once on my way going to Guyana and once on the way back. She was always responsive on email and showed up promptly when called from the airport. If you need something to eat, you should get it at the airport before she is called. She was nice enough to stop at the gas station on the way to her house and I got some KFC.

Her house is nice and comfortable and was a treat before and after being in the interior of Guyana. The a/c worked fine, there was a bottle of water in the room and the room was clean. The floors could use a cleaning but that would be my only suggestion. The rate was fair and the other options in the area were few and far between, more expensive and got horrible ratings. I would highly recommend this property for your stay!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 16 February 2012

We just returned from a vacation in Trinidad/Tobago and stayed at Sita's Airport Inn 3 nights. This inn is very clean, quiet, comfortable and the hospitatlity outstanding. Sita is a very friendly, caring lady who strives to keep her guests comfy and relaxed while travelling. We found the rooms very clean, the bed was very comfortable and nice to have our own private bathroom, which was also very clean. Sita picked us up at the airport, woke us up when asked for our early morning flights, and delivered us back to the airport. The nice thing about this inn is that it is about a 5 minute drive from the airport. We did not have any experience at all with loud barking dogs in the neighbourhood, and we both slept very well. Breakfast is served in the morning, which was also a nice perk and delicious! We will definately stay at Sita's Airport Inn over and over again when we travel back to Trinidad/Tobago.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Joan and Ted O
Reviewed 4 February 2012

If you arrive late in Trinidad and have an early plane connection the next morning, this is the place that I would recommend. I regularly overnight in Port of Spain before catching connections the next morning. The ideal hotel for me is one that is close to the airport and is reasonably priced, clean, and safe. The Airport Inn is the best bet. I've tried other hotels in Piarco e.g., Holiday Inn Express Trincity (way too expensive for what they offer) and Airport Suites Hotel (dodgy).

There is a problem with barking dogs, as another reviewer has noted. I've asked that something be done, with limited results. Bring some earplugs!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank tourdelmundo
Reviewed 29 December 2011

We had a stopover and stayed in this Inn for 1 night. This Inn is near the airport but the location is terrible if you want to eat of drink something, it is to far to walk to the road where you can take a bus.The owner doesnt put much effort in helping u either. The room was clean and the bed was ok.Every house in the street has their own barking dog, as soon as one starts, the complete street follows....The price is including a airporttransfer. The owner would wake us up at 04.00 AM, but there was nobody.When we got downstairs at 04.20 there was nobody there.After a search through the house we managed to wake her up.After we got outside, her car was blocked by a guests car.Moving it took 15min ,with waking up the complete neighbourhood including the dogs and a car alarm.In the end we got there just in time....

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Anja Martijn C
Reviewed 23 December 2011

Sita is awesome. Our flight arrived at 1:00 am and she came to pick us up. Breakfast the next morning and back to the airport for our trip to Trinidad. On
our return trip we spent another night with Sita. Everything in her home is clean and safe. She is a very warm, caring and nurturing person who welcomes you to her home.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 November 2011

Got stuck in Trinidad overnight? Then this stop is just right for you. Location in decent neighborhood about 5 minutes from the airport with a huge mall close by too; courtesy ride to and from the airport; a bite to eat in the morning; fast wifi internet connection (cable t.v. rooms); safe location; and very clean rooms with individual bathrooms and lots of hot and cold running water.
You might be missing the massage parlor, gourmet chef, and olympic size swimming pool, but hey check out the price, you may soon realize you've just made a whale of a deal. Very affordable pricing makes this stop perfect for students, vacationers, and business trip stop overs.
You will definitely find Ms Sita very charming and accommodating. Enjoy your stay.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank sparksplug
Reviewed 7 May 2011

I stayed at this hotel due to an emergency; I lost my passport, so I had to overnight in Trinidad to solve this small contingency. My stay was very pleasant and the owner of the Hotel, Mrs. Sita Singh, gave me a very good support. She helped me to solve my problems with the passport and also took me to the police station to make a report. I have no words to describe how good the support I received was.
The room is extremely comfortable and there is internet available. I highly recommend the Airport Inn and I am sure there is no better cost-effective solution for those who have to overnight in Trinidad to get a plane in the next day. The hotel is very close to the airport, the transportation is free, the price is totally reasonable and it is also very close to a big Shopping Mall.
I am writing this report because I am sure it will be very useful for those who are looking for a place to stay in Trinidad close to the airport for short visits.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank RodrigoGontijo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Piarco
Hilton Trinidad and Conference Centre
Hyatt Regency Trinidad
#2 of 21 in Port of Spain
Holiday Inn Express Trincity Trinidad Airport
D' Coconut Cove Holiday Beach Resort

Been to Airport Inn? Share your experiences!