Stayed at the hotel on a business trip. Accommodated in the courtyard. I agree with a previous reviewer that rooms here are small with rather a poky dressing table, which could barely accommodate a laptop. Some nice touches for this class of hotel including sachets of ground coffee with cafetiere and bathrobes. Free Wi-fi is a great bonus.
Contrary to previous reviews the restaurant and bar service was attentive and excellent. The food also was good and varied. I was treated to a live jazz event for my Sunday dinner.
All in all an above average hotel, apart from my room size which would hardly accommodate a couple, and barely coped with a single business guest.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel is a grade II listed building, built in 1735 standing on the banks of the River Severn. A central location less than 10 minutes from Shrewsbury town centre and 5 minutes from J7 of the M54. The entrance to Attingham Park (National Trust)is directly opposite the hotel. Seasonal menus feature local produce. Log burner for cooler days. Local ales and fine wines to compliment good food. Free parking on site. Picturesque black and white cottage also on site. Flexible accommodation, doubles including Superior, twin, single, family and ground floor options all available. A perfect location to discover Shropshire. Alternatively if business brings you to the area the Mytton is perfectly placed for Telford, Shrewsbury and further afield. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline and Ebookers so you can book your The Mytton and Mermaid Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mytton And Mermaid
- Mytton & Mermaid Hotel Atcham
- Mytton Mermaid Atcham
- The Mytton And Mermaid Hotel Atcham, Shropshire