“2 night weekend stay”
Review of Aston Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Wem
Aston Lodge
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Wem
Reviewed 20 May 2013

We booked in for 2 nights here for a nearby wedding. The hosts have recently taken over the B&B and have refurbished the house. We booked the double superior room and it was lovely, no expense spared on it's renovation. The bed was a superking which I have never had in a UK B&B before. The breakfasts were good and the room at £70 per night was good value. There were nice touches like bottles of water each day and a very well stocked tea tray. A couple of minor things could be improved: a curtain over the small window near the entrance to the room, as the summer light coming in there woke us up early. My pet peeve with almost all hotels is the lack of coat hooks near the door and the same applied here. The owners have chosen to have breakfast in a half hour slot (8:30-9 at the weekends) which suited us this weekend but probably worth bearing in mind in case you want to be up and out early or have a lie in, you may need to discuss this beforehand. Overall though I would recommend this B&B to a friend.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Aston Lodge

Reviewed 4 May 2013

A fabulous place. The hosts go far and above what is required to accommodate your needs. The B&B offers the perfect rest-bite from a busy day. They could easily add another 20% to their prices, and I would have felt like I had value for money!

I stayed for a whole week whilst away on business. The hosts recommended places to eat and visit (should I get bored). Wendy (the host) took the time to talk and understand her client.

There is was an abundance of choice at the breakfast table. An excellent choice was the fresh fruit in the morning. I cannot honestly speak highly enough of the hosts as people and the B&B as a whole.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank ACB187046
Reviewed 17 August 2012

This gem of a hotel was fully booked on the Saturday night, as I would have stayed for the whole weekend. I arrived Sunday to attend a Ruby Wedding Anniversary in Wem, and the owners were very helpful even going so far as offering me a lift to the venue as I was in my "frock". The hotel was clean and the breakfast excellent. My only very minor quibble was that I wished I had known I was going to have a shower en-suite as I would have brought a shower cap! I did not wish to get my hair wet, but I managed.
I wish the owners all the best for the future.

Room Tip: Check if the en suite is bath or shower
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Clair87
Reviewed 16 July 2012

Warm welcome, Cumfy bed, lovely English breakfast. Great hosts.
Will stay again when next in the area.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank maltloaf11a
Reviewed 18 February 2012

We stayed for 1 night, our welcome was excellent, Graham and Denise extremely hospitable - Bedroom really warm and comfy, breakfast excellent, plenty of things to chose from. Will definitely stay again when visiting our relatives who live in Wem.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BLC592
Reviewed 25 October 2011

Easy to find, good parking, twin beds a bit small, breakfast good, landlady very friendly. Good value

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2011

We stayed at this hotel to celebrate our 44th wedding anniversary and we could not have found a more comfortable and hospitable atmosphere. The owners Denise and her husband Graham made us most welcome and provided us with information appertaining to the local surroundings. The breakfasts were extremely substantial and well presented. We would recommend this hotel to all fellow travellers.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wem
Old Rectory Hotel
#1 of 1 in Weston Rhyn
The Inn at Grinshill
The Inn at Grinshill
#1 of 1 in Grinshill

Been to Aston Lodge? Share your experiences!