“Very comfortable, very friendly and spotlessly clean”
Review of Aston Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Wem
Aston Lodge
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Wem
hayes
“Very comfortable, very friendly and spotlessly clean”
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Stayed for one night and found the proprietors very friendly and helpful. We had 2 rooms, a small single with seperate private bathroom which was adequate and a super king size double with ensuite which was superb. Breakfast was excellent and plentiful.

• Stayed August 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Conwy, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 July 2013

I can't recommend this place enough, from the fantastic welcome we received from the owners to the lovely decor, the super comfy bed to the great breakfast, this place was superb in every way.
I had a single room which was very small but had everything you would want, the styling of the room was very pretty and the bed was so comfortable.
Breakfast was served at a long table where people just came and went as they liked, there was a great choice of things to eat as well as a cooked-to-order breakfast.
My only regret was that I wasn't there longer- I will definitely go back!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank HalfWelshHalfKiwi
Northumberland, UK
Reviewed 20 May 2013

We booked in for 2 nights here for a nearby wedding. The hosts have recently taken over the B&B and have refurbished the house. We booked the double superior room and it was lovely, no expense spared on it's renovation. The bed was a superking which I have never had in a UK B&B before. The breakfasts were good and the room at £70 per night was good value. There were nice touches like bottles of water each day and a very well stocked tea tray. A couple of minor things could be improved: a curtain over the small window near the entrance to the room, as the summer light coming in there woke us up early. My pet peeve with almost all hotels is the lack of coat hooks near the door and the same applied here. The owners have chosen to have breakfast in a half hour slot (8:30-9 at the weekends) which suited us this weekend but probably worth bearing in mind in case you want to be up and out early or have a lie in, you may need to discuss this beforehand. Overall though I would recommend this B&B to a friend.

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Harrogate, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 May 2013

A fabulous place. The hosts go far and above what is required to accommodate your needs. The B&B offers the perfect rest-bite from a busy day. They could easily add another 20% to their prices, and I would have felt like I had value for money!

I stayed for a whole week whilst away on business. The hosts recommended places to eat and visit (should I get bored). Wendy (the host) took the time to talk and understand her client.

There is was an abundance of choice at the breakfast table. An excellent choice was the fresh fruit in the morning. I cannot honestly speak highly enough of the hosts as people and the B&B as a whole.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank ACB187046
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 August 2012

This gem of a hotel was fully booked on the Saturday night, as I would have stayed for the whole weekend. I arrived Sunday to attend a Ruby Wedding Anniversary in Wem, and the owners were very helpful even going so far as offering me a lift to the venue as I was in my "frock". The hotel was clean and the breakfast excellent. My only very minor quibble was that I wished I had known I was going to have a shower en-suite as I would have brought a shower cap! I did not wish to get my hair wet, but I managed.
I wish the owners all the best for the future.

Room Tip: Check if the en suite is bath or shower