“First Time Camper now a convert”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Crew Green
Brook House Farm Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Crew Green B&B and Inns
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“First Time Camper now a convert”
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Spent this August B/Holiday at Brookhouse Farm and I loved it. The site is spread over 3 fields. It didn't feel cramped, the area is lovely, the facilities are kept clean. The owner admits it's a work in progress as the first season but I have no complaints and would definitley return. The staff were all lovely, hard working and more than helpful. The site can only get better in my opinion and will do with the addition of more toilet and shower facilities. The is also a little shop on site for bits and bobs needed, and also leaflets for local places of interest. Keep up the good work Julia!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We booked through a website called pitchup at the last second a posh tent that had a bed in it, all linens, and cookers, et cetera. I was rather surprised that we managed to find something on a bank holiday weekend when there was a gigantic folk festival and steam train rally within 10 miles. It was, in fact, too good to be true, because the booking website had multiple-sold these tents.

When we arrived, though, Julia MADE a tent for us that was almost as good. Particularly given that this was their first year doing this, I was beyond impressed at how she was willing to go the extra ten miles to help everyone. The second night we were here, one of the better set up tents was free, and we moved there---I cannot recommend it enough. I do strongly suggest that you directly book with the owners, and not use a website clearing house.

Good tip--there is a super-adorable pod camper shaped like a giant swiss roll that our tent-neighbors had been in the prior night, and raved about.

One aside, some of the negative complaints were about the portable toilets, which I agree were not so nice. However, there also were standard toilets 10 feet away that we always used that were quite aggressively cleaned and not chemical--that is, they were connected to mains lines. I suspect that Julia is still working the kinks out of things like that, and that this will be corrected in the future.

Note that Sunday night of bank holiday weekend, (still very busy) there was hardly any lines for the mains-toilets or showers, which were also top notch and gave copious hot water.

I also recommend paying for their incredibly large and mostly local food full breakfast in the house. Its worth the extra few pounds!

Room Tip: Sleeping pod thingy is great, as is the posh tents. The beds are warm and cozy.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Just back having spent a lovely weekend camping at Brookhouse Farm camp site.
The owners Sam and Julia could not have been more helpful.
We stopped in the 'bell tents' which were are located in a beautiful spot close to the River Severn.
The facilities were spotless and whilst there is still work being undertaken to improve the site this in no way affected our stay and we look forward to our next visit.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 August 2013 via mobile

My brother recommended this site after his first visit here a week ago and so returned with us on this visit a week later he loved it so much.

The location is lovely And the price is very reasonable. It is obvious that the owners are trying to provide a first class service and after just 12 months as running they are doing very well! This is echoed by the sites popularity as when we were leaving on Sunday the campsite was fairly full. we found Julie friendly, accommodating and very helpful.

The shower facilities are currently limited but there are plans in place for developing this in the future, yet my husband and I never had to queue for a shower. The showers they do have are lovely and I don't think I have seen facilities as modern or clean.

We were very happy with our stay and will be returning and recommending to our friends!

Warrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Just got back from a lovely week at Brook House farm . My family and I stayed in a fabulous bell tent which came with all the utensils, cooking equip, bedding etc that you would need. The double bed was extremely comfortable which when staying 8 nights is very important ! The onsite shop is an Aladdin's cave full of gorgeous reasonably priced things eg, bags, scarves, teapots/cups including the best gourmet sausage rolls I have ever tasted.
The facilities are spotless and very modern, at busy times you had to wait for showers and to wash up but during the week when the campsite was less busy this wasn't really a problem . I was also told that by next season there would be far more facilities which is great. The owner was so very friendly and helpful especially to the children allowing them to their delight a ride on her tractor. The kids enjoyed catching fish in the fishing pond on the camping field and stroking Charlie the very tame sheep who liked to eat biscuits apparently :)
The camping pod, holiday lets and B and B all looked great too. This is a campsite with a difference situated conveniently between Shrewsbury and Oswestry. I can also recommend a great pub called the Royal Hill which served fab food at a great price 5 mins drive away.

Room Tip: The non hook up field has the best views of the river etc..
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 August 2013

I can honestly say its the worst place I've stayed. From charging my 11 yr old adult rate on arrival. Having booked three tents to all be situated together, we ended up in an over grown area next to a huge compost heap that smelt awful, but not half as awful as the toilets. My eyes watered and we gagged whilst rushing to finish in the toilets. The smell is not one I can discribe. Music till 12.30am from, I think a near by pub! And no lights out/quiet from time! All in all we where glad to leave.

4 Thank Jacksao
BrookHouseFarm, Owner at Brook House Farm Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
As the owner of the site,when you have a review like this it is very upsetting when you now it is incorrect and a group of friends put three bad reviews surrounded by loverly reviews which tell a complete different story, if they read true thats fine ,but the little pub across the road ,we can not hear anything from the house let alone from the campsite which is three feilds away. sorry they did not enjoy themselves but there is no need to be so rude.why not approach me and we could have gone through there problems if they were that bad,pod does have blinds and curtains which are in some of our customers photos.I cannot find the compost heap, i will keep looking. kind regards julia owen .Site owner
Reviewed 24 August 2013

Had a great night camping all the facilities were first rate a great setting in the Shropshire countryside lovely sunset had us all taking photos will be back without hesitation the next chance I get which I hope is very soon lots of good local attractions nearby to keep you occupied in the day

1 Thank evertonmark

Been to Brook House Farm Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!