Just come back from a 2 night 3 day golfing break. The overall value for money was excellent at £148 for the package : DBB, 2 nights and 3 rounds of golf. During May they had some special offers as this package is normally in the area of £210(ish). We have been here many times before over a 15 year period, but hadn't been back since 2008.
1) 2 great golf courses, which are very different. They also have a 9 hole par 3 course which is also good and a test.
2) Quality of food and service is excellent in the hotel. Great self service breakfast, from cereals, fresh fruit salad, yoghurts to a full English
3) Dinner menu, A1 - the salmon was delicious, but plenty of other choices.
4) Very friendly and attentive staff.
1) Golf buggies too expensive at £30, need between £5 - £10 taken off to be as competitive as others places.
2) The hotel and rooms are exactly the same ( or appeared to be the same ) as when we were last there in 2008. Definitely could do with a refurb. Apologies to the hotel if they have but it wasn't evident to us.
3) Price of the drinks in the hotel and golf complex are extortionate to say the least !! This was the biggest negative. They have a captive audience as not much around there in terms of local pubs with food.
Pint of Guinness : £4.30
Pint of Peroni : £4.80
All other pints : £4.00
2 shorts and mixers, no change or very little from a tenner.
Pint of coke : £3.50 ( where did that come from !! )
I know the old cliche about that you get the room and golf at a competitive rate and they make the cost up with the drink - well in this case it's true - but it shouldn't be.
There are plenty of hotels with courses offering golf breaks at similar rates, but I have never seen drinks that expensive.
It's such a great course and venue that it's down to the drinks prices that tarnished it slightly. Lots of corporate golf days take place here and these can afford to pay, but for Joe public, coming here for a break, it's a different matter.
All in all though, a great venue for golf lovers !!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hawkstone Park is a modern and stylish hotel that is ideal for golf, family breaks, conferences, weddings and social events in Shropshire. It is situated in 400 acres of beautiful countryside. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Superbreak UK, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, LateRooms, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hawkstone Park Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Hawkstone Park
- Hawkstone Park Hotel Weston-Under-Redcastle, Shropshire