“Great local hotel and resturant.”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Nant-Y-Ffin Hotel & Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Llandissilio
Reviewed 5 January 2013

Have visited the Nant y Ffin many times for meals, functions and large parties. Always great service, quality food and a good welcome.

Our last visit was for a large birthday party few days before Christmas, food was splendid, service despite the large numbers was perfect. A great nights entertainment.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank pw_landissilio

Reviewed 21 October 2012

This was my third stay at Nant y Ffin and each time it gets better. A warm and sincere staff and the food is delicious with excellent service. Very comfy and inexpensive rooms. Not much more one can say other than can't wait to go back, as I will next year.

Room Tip: All rooms are spacious and quiet, with excellent facilities for a 'cuppa'. No1 has a sitting...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank anthony m
Reviewed 25 September 2012

We had problems with other hotel in the area.we were directed here.wonderful !!!we arrived after midnight wet cold tired after a 5 hr drive.Wonderful greeting ,put the kettle on for us ,was warm in the welcome.Fantastic food ,staff,wonderful, overall .i cannot praise this hotel enough.Deffinatley go again.evening meal was outstanding.Thanks to them all for their friendly service and care .

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank charlieWestYorks
Reviewed 16 September 2012

We arrived at Nantyffin on a Sunday lunchtime looking for a traditional roast meal.
The choice locally seemed non existant and as we were desperately hungry we decided that although the place looked extremely outdated it would be okay.
The staff were very nice & quaintly old fashioned so we weren't keen to offend them by complaining but I can honestly say I,ve never had a Sunday lunch quite so bland & tasteless!
The cold grey beef, that arrived on a small cold plate, was folded into a small square & looked like it had come out of a tin. It had a small spoonful of cool glutinous gravy next to it, one lonely roast potato & an extremely small again cold parsnip!
Other vegetables eventually arrived in a flurry & included some lukewarm watery tinned potatoes, some cheesy watery potatoes, carrots, over pureed insipid swede & very fine overcooked cabbage. Extra glutinous gravy also arrived, all served up in stainless steel dishes that resembled the kind you get in an operating theatre.
My partner and I ate the lot, we were starving, but both agreed that the meal contained neither taste nor texture, if it hadn't been for the very nice waitresses serving us, we would have got up and walked out hungry!!
As it was we shall use it as a party piece ' The day we dined out in Clunderwen' - possibly the worst Sunday roast ever encountered!

• Stayed: September 2012
4  Thank Rowlestone
Reviewed 14 May 2012

Fast and professional service ;) haha.. AMAZING food.. especially the gravy and the swede lool.. really homely inside andf welcoming staff :D could do with a pool table mind. :/

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Kirstyn L
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I am a musician in a professional band and we travel all of the UK and further afield playing at various functions in different venues. Last Saturday we were playing at a wedding in a Hotel in this part of Wales and I booked a room at Nant-Y-Ffin as they had a room listed as sleeping 5 and suitable for 3 adults which is ideal for us as we just need clean low cost accommodation when we are working. The room turned out to be one of a row of chalets behind the hotel, a family room with a double, a single and a set of bunk beds. The room was large, clean and with a good powerful shower, flat screen tv, plenty tea and coffee. I had the double bed which was very comfortable, although for some reason there was a lot of noise from the plumbing at around 6am which woke me up. For our purpose, this kind of self-contained accommodation for the night with parking right outside was ideal.

On to the experience. When I'm booking for work trips, obviously the criteria is largely cost based and I booked this room for £100 including breakfast and paid at the time of booking in full. When we arrived, things got a little odd for a minute. Firstly, we stood at reception for about ten minutes ringing the bell and nobody seemed to be around. Eventually, one of our party went off into the hotel and found someone. No big deal, small hotel, fairly remote, not that busy. But then, during check in, the girl at reception said, "so you've paid £100 and that just leaves £20 to pay....". When I showed her my online booking receipt for £100 she started saying that the price I had paid was for a different type of accommodation and pointed to a paper sign on the counter that said Family Room £120.00. I then showed her my receipt again where it quite clearly said, "Family Room, Sleeps 5, 3 Adults, Total £100, Paid £100, Amount Due £0..."

Still she wouldn't accept it and insisted we owed another £20. I explained that if the advertised rate is £100 and we've paid £100 then she can't start asking for more money when we arrive. She then went to get the owner and after a bit of the same sort of conversation we eventually got checked in at no further cost. All a bit embarrassing really.

As mentioned by others, the decor is very dated but it appears clean. The owner was very pleasant and welcoming and asked what Time we would like breakfast. As breakfast is served until 10am, we asked for this time. He said that would be the outside limit as they have to get sorted to start lunches at 12. So we said ok, we'll come at 9.30am if it suited better. After getting to bed at 4am, we got to the dining room at 9.30 as we said we would, poured some juice and then.... We sat there until 9.45 until someone came and took our order! There was only one other couple in the dining room and they already had been served, that was really annoying after less than 5 hours sleep! The breakfast was standard guest house type fare, pretty unimaginative and plainly presented but fresh and hot nonetheless.

Overall, it suited our purpose and there was nothing wrong with the accommodation or the food, just a bit of strangeness in the way some things happened. This is a Motel on a west Wales back route and for £100 I wasn't expecting 5* boutique and considering what the Travelodges and Premier Inns are charging these days I think it was good value. As a base for a couple of days or if you're working in the area then I would stay again but I wouldn't book it for a romantic break or holiday. Clean but dated and basic.

Room Tip: If there's three or four adults sharing, room 6 is a good size.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank hughieboy
Reviewed 5 September 2010

Me and my family were going to a wedding which was in the village so for the location this was a useful hotel to stay in .. ... however .... When we entered the hotel we were transported back to the 70s and the decor resembled an old peoples home. We were not welcomed very warmly which supprised me as they were lovely on the phone.
The rooms were nice and clean and we had a comfortable nights sleep, in the morning we went down for breakfast at about 8.30am because breakfast was served between 8 10am but when we went down stairs we found the dinning room was locked and we had to wait outside where we found the chef locked out as well! we decided to move hotels that day! Not worth £90 a night.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank cherrypie27
Also consider these accommodations in or near Llandissilio
14 mi away
#1 of 1 in Burton
Fishguard Bay Hotel
Fishguard Bay Hotel
#1 of 1 in Goodwick

Been to Nant-Y-Ffin Hotel & Motel? Share your experiences!