“Great hotel for a short stay”

Hyatt Place San Juan/Bayamon
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Bayamon
Adelaide, Australia
“Great hotel for a short stay”
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for a couple of nights transiting from vieques to the mainland. The hotel was really nice and new. The whole hotel was very clean. Staff were very friendly and efficient and helped wherever possible. I used the fitness centre also. Its small but has everything you need to get a workout in. The pool is small but stll nice. Breakfast was good also although it finishes at 9 which is a little limiting. The room was great, the bed was very comfortable. Overall I enjoyed my stay here. The shopping centre next door is good but if staying for a longer period of time I would probably recommend staying in old san juan.

Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank HannahK84

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

We were in Puerto Rico for over 2 weeks and stayed at hotels from the Gran Melia to the Aguadilla Courtyard Marriott and it was here that we were truly able to relax without compromising. Everything, I mean everything, was spot on. From the location to the amenities to the excellent customer service, it was the standards that many of us are used to but seem to be very lacking on the island. This will restore your faith. It did ours and will be where we will stay on our revisit in September 2014

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Lucas D
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I stayed in this hotel in February, it is a very nice property. Staff is nice, Breakfast is very good, its close to alot of attractions unfortunately I was there for a family members' funeral but I was able to escape to the Casino for a little to cope...

I recommend this hotel, you wont regret it.

Room Tip: New Hotel so to me all rooms seemed ok.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Bismarck V
Wilfredo M, General Manager at Hyatt Place San Juan/Bayamon, responded to this review, 31 January 2017
Thank you for your review. We are very happy to learn you had a great stay and found the services, adjacent areas and amenities excellent. I am sure other travelers will benefit from such a great review. We look forward to welcoming you to our hotel again.
Reviewed 13 July 2014

The hotel was nice and clean. Service was awesome! Such nice people. Pricing was ok as most hotels in area charge for parking. They do have a parking garage. It is not a luxury or vacation hotel with a lagoon pool so don't expect that. The mall is a couple of blocks away as is an awesome restaurant El Aposento. I highly recommend eating there. Breakfast was very good and fresh. They will make lattes for an extra charge which I recommend doing also. Casino was loud on and off til about 11pm. It's not the people it's the billboard that plays music or an ad that blasts. If you are a light sleeper or early sleeper I would request a room away from the street. Applebee's is right next door and was very good also.

Room Tip: Away from casino.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Sweetc2000
U.S. Virgin Islands
Reviewed 7 July 2014

great hotel but a bit noisy as there is a casino near by, but it's very clean and the staff is accommodating.
had breakfast included and it was great to stay the night.
close to Plaza del sol as well.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Ria Amita L
Mayaguez, Puerto Rico
Reviewed 1 July 2014

This hotel should not be considered if you are the type of person that hopes for a full, all-inclusive, dream hotel. This is a simple, modern, clean, well located hotel that would be perfect for business travelers or someone who just want to quiet all voices around him/her. Rooms are great, all amenities were great too, breakfast is simple but it does the job - different options to build your own meal. Gym is ok to help you not to skip a workout day, and the pool is small, but it does the trick if you are not an olympic swimmer. The daily parking fee took me by surprise, but since it is mentioned on their website no one should complain about it. I agree with another reviewer on that having to validate the parking ticket every time that you need to leave is kind of counter productive; they should come with an idea like a parking pass or something. Personnel was friendly and ready to assist you with just making eye contact. I would definitely return to this hotel if I need to. Final comment... Although the hotel is good, if you can drive to Manati, I would recommend their twin hotel there...the Hyatt Place at Manati. Exact same hotel, less 50 rooms, but personnel are out of this world and it is a quieter place.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Dioshy
Wilfredo M, General Manager at Hyatt Place San Juan/Bayamon, responded to this review, 11 January 2017
Thank you for your review. I am very glad to hear that after all the hurdles you were able to enjoy your stay. It is our purpose to care for people and we will continue to do. We appreciate your kind words and look forward to welcoming you to our hotel again.
West Chester, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for six days and was disappointed! Breakfast was horrible. The coffee was terrible too. Gym and pool are so tiny. The bonus? You have to pay for parking! $10 a day! Every time you go in and out of the parking lot, you need to validate your parking ticket with the front desk. Wouldn't go back!

• Stayed June 2014
5 Thank mygoombata
Jose P, General Manager at Hyatt Place San Juan/Bayamon, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at the Hyatt Place San Juan/ Bayamon. It has been our pleasure to be your home away from home!
I wanted to take a moment to thank you for your candid feedback and for the opportunity to follow up with you to apologize for the lack of satisfaction that you experienced during your recent stay with us.

Upon reading your review and comments I am sorry for our failure to provide service up to your expectations. Your comments have been shared with the staff as a training resource to reinforce our long standing commitment to provide all of our guests with an exceptional stay experience.

Every day we strive to exceed the expectations of our guests. In addition, I am certain that if given a second opportunity, we will make things much better for you. If any of your future plans have you in the San Juan/ Bayamon area, please contact me directly. I would enjoy the opportunity to assist you with any requests or arrangements, so that you can fully enjoy the superior customer experience that we are accustomed to providing.

J. Plaza
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bayamon
Hyatt Place Manati
#11 of 46 in San Juan
Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino
Dorado Beach, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve
Doubletree by Hilton San Juan

Been to Hyatt Place San Juan/Bayamon? Share your experiences!