Casa Carrascal
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Parcent
See available hotels
Alahuar Hotel(Benimaurell)
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Ramis(Ondara)
La Palmera(Ondara)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewswalking holidaynothing is too much troublealicante airportperfect hostsgreat holidayflora and faunagreat foodspectacular viewsalmond blossommountain walkingwild flowersfirst classgreat companyattention to detailsecond visitfellow walkersevening meal
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 April 2014

My recent trip to Casa Carrascal was a series of so many firsts that I should probably have booked through Virgin Holidays - first holiday in Spain, first solo holiday, first guided walking holiday. I couldn't have picked a better place for all three.

Sue and Dave were absolutely fantastic hosts - nothing was too much trouble to ensure that the group had the best time, from top-class food with locally-sourced ingredients (even down to their own lemons!) through to flexing the walking itinerary to suit the group/weather/wildlife. They even helped one group member to get new boots when his unexpectedly fell apart on Day 1.

Their knowledge on the local flora, fauna, wildlife, history and culture added an extra layer to the stunning walks that they had hand-picked and researched in great detail. These covered a range of terrain from mountains to marshes - all very different but equally interesting. They shepherded us through all of these at the group's own pace, with just the right mix of stretch and recovery. When the going got tougher in places, Dave's endless supply of jokes provided pain of a different sort to distract you. Travel to the start of all the walks was under 30 mins and very easy in their comfortable minibus.

Spain has completely won me over and I shall definitely be going back. There seems to be something spectacular to see every month - I enjoyed the scent of orange blossom everywhere and also the unusual orchids that dotted our paths. I struck very lucky with my group and thoroughly enjoyed my time with them, both during the walks and in our down-time. The two-boot walking holiday was the right level for me this time, but has given me the confidence to try a 2-3 boot one next time.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 April 2014

I wasn't sure if going on a walking holiday on my own was a good idea but any fears I had were almost immediately dispelled when I arrived at the airport and was met by Dave,who along with his wife Sue, owns and runs Casa Carrascal Holidays. He had the knack of putting me, and the other guests who soon joined me, at our ease and we were all chatting happily about the holiday ahead and learning about each others walking experiences by the time we were driving out of the airport. Sue was there to greet us when we arrived at their town house in Parcent, which was typical of the area and very comfortably furnished with regional furniture and artefacts. Lunch and the evening meal on the first night set the scene for a week of delicious food, created and cooked by Dave, culminating with a paella evening the night before we left. But it was the breath-taking scenery, Sue and Dave's professionalism, charm, sense of fun, encouragement and knowledge of the area that made the holiday and helped us jell as a group and end each day on a high. As my fellow walkers have already said, the blossom, spring flowers and wildlife were a highlight and as a result of coaching from Dave and Alan,a fellow guest, I came home with some commendable photos to remind of six very special days. I'll be back again and probably again - like so many of have enjoyed Casa Carrascal before me.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 April 2014

One can only repeat the praise which Casa Carrascal has previously received. This was a first-class holiday; relaxed, friendly and at the same time very efficient. From the moment we were met at the airport it was apparent that we were going to be well looked after.

The walks were carefully planned to to match the weather conditions and the group's capabilities. The scenery is astounding. The knowledge of the guides fills the walks with detail about the countryside, the flowers and the wildlife. An added bonus was that at the end of the walk we all sat and chatted in a local bar when photographs were shared and those, like us, who were total amateurs were given kindly tips as to how to improve our technique.

Casa Carrascal itself is a small, traditional establishment in a narrow street in the centre of the pretty village. Our room was quite dark but this was how houses were built to counteract the summer heat and we found this no problem. The food was of the best and it was a joy to sit round the log fire with the other guests before supper and mull over how wonderful the walks were and how lucky we were to be there.

David and Sue are to be congratulated on their ability to enable people to have such a good time.

Room Tip: Rooms with access to the terrace may be lighter but this really is not an issue.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Wallowsabroad
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Today is 5 April and we are sat in the local bar talking about our past week holiday in this wonderful location ( forget Yosemite!). The walking, the flora and fauna, the food and the walking group have all been just so lovely. Dave and Sue, our hosts, have also been so accommodating of the groups needs. This despite a setback at the end of our final walk when their mini bus was found to have been broken into. It is testament to their professionalism that they didn't miss a beat in dealing with it and with our final evening meal and farewells.
Thank you Dave and Sue for a wonderful holiday. We will see you again, we are sure. Thank you also to Barry, Rosemary, Cliff, Margaret and Sheelagh for being such great company.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Alanlwc
Reviewed 23 March 2014

As a seasoned walker on guided trips, this holiday was one of the best I have ever had. What made it so special? Above all, the hosts, Sue and David. I cannot believe how hard they work to ensure everyone has a wonderful time. Nothing, just nothing is too much trouble. They have matchless generosity. They have just met you, yet they treat you, sincerely, as a friend. The ambience of their hotel is a joy: unique, welcoming, peaceful and cosy. The food is superb: David is a marvellous chef and Sue, who might modestly bow to David's talents, is pretty good herself! The walking has inspiring scenery. It is challenging and expertly led by David and Sue: their knowledge, care and advice gives confidence and reassurance. It is great, also, to meet friends of Sue and David on some of the walks: they have interesting things to tell. - - - And let me not forget Charlie, another leader, and Sue and David's dog: the most well-behaved animal I have ever had the pleasure to meet!
One could not leave Casa Carrascal without a profound thank-you to its hosts.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo