All reviews walking holiday nothing is too much trouble wonderful hosts alicante airport great food mountain walking stunning scenery flora and fauna great company almond blossom attention to detail second to none first class fellow walkers fantastic week second visit paella
Reviewed 27 November 2017 via mobile

Every aspect of this hiking holiday was first class. The accommodation is very comfortable, spotless clean room every day, wonderful food every day , great hiking in spectacular scenery, and very attentive and extremely personable hosts.
Excellent value for money.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 November 2017

I had never done a guided walking holiday before but needed a week away on my own with something interesting to do. I struck gold at Casa Carrascal. I booked via Headwater as I was restricted to my dates and that week was one only bookable via the agent. From start to finish I had an amazing time. Although the youngest of my group of 6 I know I was the most unfit and I am proud of getting through all the walks of the week. Dave and Sue are the most organised walk leaders/hoteliers/chefs/photographers/chauffeurs/jack and jill of all trades that you are ever likely to meet.
The level of organisation was superb. My week was 2 boot standard which was plenty enough of boot for me. I had no idea the weather in the Costa Blanca stayed so sunny in November and beyond. Being up in the mountains and at the edge of the sea was amazing. Even had a swim on our beach trip.
The guest house was comfortable and spacious. So nice to curl up on a sofa with a drink and a book in front of the log burner each evening.
The food was 5 stars all the way. Plus the luxury of choice. We ate very well indeed every day.
The Valencia day was a great opportunity for exploration and was plenty of time to get a feel for the city.
Alice the German Shorthaired Pointer was our enthusiastic companion on most of the walks.
Like so many of the guests I am planning a return trip, maybe even before 2019 Almond Blossom season. This is a perfect week for solos, couples or groups of friends who enjoy being outdoors and after all, these boots were made for walking !

Room tip: I had the terrace room which was quiet and had plenty of space
Date of stay: November 2017
1  Thank UnaW
Reviewed 6 November 2017

One of the best holidays I've ever had. Sue and David, who run the hotel and associated walking holiday, were nothing short of fantastic. The hotel was lovely and relaxing, and our room was comfortable, quiet and clean. The walks were wonderful. We experienced a 2 boot walking week, and the walks, although not easy, were not too challenging either. And when a difficult section was encountered, David and Sue were able to provide a second, alternative and slightly easier route.

The food was top notch. Especially the evening meals. There was not one course that was anything but delicious, and beautifully presented.

My wife and I had a fantastic time. We plan to visit the area again in the near future (this time with our kids), and we would dearly love to visit Casa Carrascal, David, Sue and Alice again.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 November 2017

I have just returned from my 4th visit this year to Casa Carrascal and my 10th visit overall (some visits being for 2 weeks.) I had a truly wonderful time, as always.
This was the first time I had done a whole week of 3 boot walks. I am thrilled to have been able to complete the challenge: such magnificent views! It would have been impossible for me without the guidance, inspiration, care and encouragement of Sue and David. I cannot thank them enough for their patience and understanding. If you take a walking holiday here at whatever level (3 boot is demanding!) you will be looked after to the highest possible standard by these two people. The wonderful group of people with whom I did the 3 booter plus myself have all re-booked to do it again! The 2 boot week was also most enjoyable and, like me on that week, you will meet friendly and like-minded people on your holiday.
I have to say, yet again, that I do not believe you can ever equal the personal touch of Sue and Dave. They give well above and beyond what might be expected in terms of care and attention, superb food and company. How do they do it: leading and walking all day, taking and sharing photographs and producing food of such excellent quality? The answer is because they care - so much.
As for the Casa, the ambience is exquisite with lovely, individually designed rooms. The place is absolutely spotless thanks to the matchless efforts of Silvi, whose smiles would lift even the most downhearted!
I cannot wait to return- March - and I cannot thank nor praise Sue and David enough.

Reviewed 4 November 2017

I make this my ninth visit to Casa Carrascal with Sue and Dave Eaton and I have two more booked for 2018. If you want to walk in the stunning Alicante Mountains of Spain with like minded folk and be looked after with the greatest of attention for a week starting and finishing at the airport then you really should try this. The walks are beautiful with history and nature everywhere. The 2/3 boot weeks are particularly good for those who want to choose from level 2 or 3 each day depending on how they feel.