All reviews walking holiday nothing is too much trouble wonderful hosts alicante airport great food great holiday mountain walking stunning scenery flora and fauna almond blossom attention to detail second to none first class fellow walkers great company second visit paella
Reviewed 11 January 2018

We wanted to do something different to bring in New Year. Having already enjoyed a Christmas trip in 2014 we decided to try a Casa Carrascal New Year. Once again we were not disappointed. David and Sue made sure this was a New Year to remember. Their tireless efforts ensured we had a fantastic week and a memorable start to 2018. Our delightful 8 course New Years eve meal lead us nicely in to New Year celebrations which carried on until the wee small hours.
The walks were superbly led and offered the usual variety of magnificent views and David's entertaining one liners!
At the end of each day's walking we then had lovely meals to look forward too. Nothing is too much trouble for David and Sue and we were very well looked after and fed
The accommodation was perfect. Our quiet, comfortable room was ideal and serviced so thoroughly by the hardworking Sylvia.
Overall a fantastic week and we would recommend anybody who likes good walking and good food to try!

Room tip: All rooms are good
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 January 2018

I was looking for something different to do for New Year and, having read the consistently glowing reviews of Casa Carrascal on Trip Advisor, from guests who return year after year, I know understand why they keep going back for more! It really is impossible to fault, from the warm welcome at the airport, the charmingly appointed hotel in the pretty village of Parcent, with tiled floors and wooden furniture and every comfort thoughtfully provided, from tea and coffee constantly available to a plentifully stocked honesty bar, the stunning walks and breathtaking views, to the warm log fire and cosy sofas waiting for us in the evening, the fabulous meals, and most of all, the warmth, humour and generosity of Sue and David who looked after us all so beautifully and for whom nothing was too much trouble, not to mention the fantastically hard-working Sylvie who keeps it all so immaculate. I went as a single traveller and couldn't have had a better time or have been made more welcome. It was a treat from beginning to end and I can't wait to visit again!

Room tip: I only saw my room which was on the main street but was lovely and quiet, and spacious and wifi was never a problem
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 3 January 2018

This was our third trip to Casa Carrascal and, as before, the welcome, accommodation, food and walking were excellent. Sue and David who run this enterprise do it all themselves and offer a fantastic service to all who are fortunate enough to experience it. Guests are generally met at Alicante airport, although some prefer to make their own travel arrangements, there is room for up to 10 guests and single travellers are made most welcome. The accommodation is in an old town house which has been expertly modernised to provide clean and comfortable quarters. Breakfasts, packed lunches and evening meals are prepared and cooked by David and Sue, with help from Sylvie, who is also the waitress and cleaner. Every day during the week there are walking activities to enjoy and all, apart from one, are led by David and Sue. They also provide good knowledge of the flora and fauna of the region as you walk.
Christmas and New Year are special weeks in their calendar and they put on extra festive food for the Christmas Day and New Year's Eve banquets. Each guest is provided with a half bottle of wine with each evening meal and there is an honesty bar with many drinks available at extremely modest prices. It is always a pleasure to be with guests who enjoy the hospitality and activities offered at Casa Carrascal and to savour the special service offered by Sue and David. They make Christmas worthwhile.

Room tip: All rooms are good, but as with all old properties some rooms do have restricted headroom.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 November 2017 via mobile

Every aspect of this hiking holiday was first class. The accommodation is very comfortable, spotless clean room every day, wonderful food every day , great hiking in spectacular scenery, and very attentive and extremely personable hosts.
Excellent value for money.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 November 2017

I had never done a guided walking holiday before but needed a week away on my own with something interesting to do. I struck gold at Casa Carrascal. I booked via Headwater as I was restricted to my dates and that week was one only bookable via the agent. From start to finish I had an amazing time. Although the youngest of my group of 6 I know I was the most unfit and I am proud of getting through all the walks of the week. Dave and Sue are the most organised walk leaders/hoteliers/chefs/photographers/chauffeurs/jack and jill of all trades that you are ever likely to meet.
The level of organisation was superb. My week was 2 boot standard which was plenty enough of boot for me. I had no idea the weather in the Costa Blanca stayed so sunny in November and beyond. Being up in the mountains and at the edge of the sea was amazing. Even had a swim on our beach trip.
The guest house was comfortable and spacious. So nice to curl up on a sofa with a drink and a book in front of the log burner each evening.
The food was 5 stars all the way. Plus the luxury of choice. We ate very well indeed every day.
The Valencia day was a great opportunity for exploration and was plenty of time to get a feel for the city.
Alice the German Shorthaired Pointer was our enthusiastic companion on most of the walks.
Like so many of the guests I am planning a return trip, maybe even before 2019 Almond Blossom season. This is a perfect week for solos, couples or groups of friends who enjoy being outdoors and after all, these boots were made for walking !

Room tip: I had the terrace room which was quiet and had plenty of space
Date of stay: November 2017