Berg en Zee Guest House
Krystal Beach Hotel(Gordon's Bay)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$83
  • Spa
Gordon's Beach Lodge(Gordon's Bay)
US$102
  • Restaurant
US$164
US$121
Agoda.com
NH Cape Town The Lord Charles(Somerset West)(Great Value!)
US$97
US$123
Protea Hotels
Villa Exner(Grabouw)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsguest housecape townstay exceeded our expectationsfalse baymain beachcomfortable roomhome from homeold harbourhonesty barenjoy your stayexcellent breakfastwonderful viewfamily roomhighly recommend this guesthousebikini beachmini fridgegreat ocean
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Ee bah gum, a Yorkshire lass in Gordon's Bay - not that you would know it - clearly, Jackie and South Africa have adopted each other. I have little to add to other reviewers' comments regarding the ambience, the comfort, the food and the hospitality in this lovely guest house. Actually, I feel a little mean denying Berg en Zee a 5* review - it isn't Jackie's fault that the weather was unseasonably cold for our visit. But, as a result, our bathroom was distinctly cold even with the towel heater on permanently. However, this certainly would not deter us from returning.

To Jackie and your team - very many thanks for a splendid introduction to South Africa.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
BergenZee, Owner at Berg en Zee Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2013

Dear Edward. Thank you so much for your review. Even though I feel South African through and through, it was great to have the company of some fellow Northerners. I did my best with the weather but it really was rather chilly during your stay - particularly with the snow on Table Mountain, which I understand only happens once every 50 years! Anyway, I predicted summer by 1 October and at least I got that one right!

Reviewed 7 September 2013

What a great place to stay.
On business, but being made to feel like being on holiday -- so what must coming here on holiday make you feel like ?
Great views, great people, great breakfasts, great room......I think I'll stop writing great all the time now, and just list everything experienced.... you can add GREAT in yourselves readers !
Actually, you can do it all -- just think about everything and anything you might need on your stay,.......then simply add "That'll be great at Berg en Zee".....and you'll get the picture fairly accurately.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
BergenZee, Owner at Berg en Zee Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

Dear Tony. What can I say? This is a really GREAT review! We are definitely going to ask you to write an advertising campaign for us. Seriously, we are very happy that you enjoyed your stay here so much and It was really fun to meet you.

Reviewed 15 August 2013

Once again we just loved our stay at the Berg and Zee in Gordons Bay. I highly recommend them, its always clean, great food, beautiful view, close to everything and decorated just beautifully. It is always a pleasure staying there. Jackie is wonderful and makes you feel right at home, thanks to all the staff, you guys are the best!.We will see you again next year.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Hi Melony. It was super to have you and the boys here again. We really enjoy your annual visits and look forward to seeing you next year.

Reviewed 14 August 2013

I stayed at Bert and Zee GH on Sunday night. What an amazing venue. I love their attention to detail - from the amazing cups in the room to drink from, to the fact that I wasn't limited to only two coffees like many other Guest houses, to the heart shaped chocolates next to my bed and the electric blanket on the bed. Then I'm not even talking about the amazing view I had. Waking up looking at the ocean from my bed was like being in heaven. The breakfast was out of this world. They really go the extra mile.
Regards,
Marianna

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Dear Marianna. What a beautiful review. We always try to add the little touches that make you feel at home and it's wonderful to have such appreciative guests. Hope you'll be back soon!

Reviewed 11 August 2013

I would highly recommend The Berg en Zee for your Gordons bay Stay. Its situated very close to the sea with all rooms having amazing sea views. Jackie and her team will make you feel so at home. we stayed in room 6, the family room which is decorated to a very high standard with plenty of room.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
BergenZee, Owner at Berg en Zee Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2013

Thank you very much for the super review. It was such a pleasure to meet you and your lovely mother and brothers. I do hope we'll see you again one of these days.