“So what is Great Service?” 5 of 5 bubbles

Berties Moorings
Ranked #15 of 23 Restaurants in Gordon's Bay
Cuisines: Bar
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: Drinks, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Cape Town
“So what is Great Service?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

Over the years I have often stopped at Bertie’s Moorings for a glass of wine and a chance to unload my brain, stare out to sea and think of nothing. They always, quietly and calmly, remember who I am, remember what I drink (even if I haven’t been for a month) remember when I need another one and remember when I want to pay and go on my way. These things are what make great service, reading what each customer wants and delivering it time after time. All in all, Bertie’s is an wonderful oasis in a desert of madness.

• Visited August 2014

Gordon's Bay, South Africa
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“UK Family outing”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

Sorry not a very successful visit. Not all items on menu were available. What was eventually ordered was not what we expected.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank MaryAnn M
Somerset West, South Africa
“Very Unimpressed....”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

I've gone to Berties Moorings many times over the years and only really ate there a few times. The food was always average, however, we went there on Tuesday evening, and boy was the food terrible. I feel horrible for writing such a bad review, however, I was very embarrassed. We had taken out family from the UK and decided that Berties would be brilliant as it has such a great view and atmosphere. I ordered the Fillet - it was like eating a bad piece of Sirloin. It was THE worst piece of steak I have ever eaten. Our aunt ordered the King Prawns - for the price you pay - you would expect it to taste good - it was bland and just plain terrible.

Unfortunately, I will never be going back there for food again.

I really think they need to relook their food.

• Visited May 2014
“Food Terrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

Berties is the absolute worst place to eat which is a real pity.

It is perfectly situated at multi Million Rand Harbour Island development and right next to the harbour. It should attract top end clientèle but... It seems that Berties see themselves as a pub first and food is an afterthought... I have tried them 3 times.. day afternoon and night.

On different occasions with friends and once solo.. and on each occasion the food in general is of a poor quality, badly prepared, flavoured and the "shev" has zero imagination on the presentation. The quality is far below par and the price shocking compared to what you get.

Save your money and go buy a "garage pie" at the local BP garage for better value.

Gordon's Bay, South Africa
“FOOD TERRIBLE FOR THE PRICE YOU PAY”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

MY Husband and I had never been to Berties untill one day,,,and that will certainly be the last... we went to Berties thinking their Steak must be Good considering that it is over R100... but no way!!! It was over cooked, and you get about 5 chips, and that was it.. now you tell me..I know of much better places to eat at than people who rip you off...

Visited January 2014